• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
someone from my discord posted this:
AtrElE6.jpg

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Is that Garfield's head on a Transformer's body in a package that says Mobile Suit Gundam on it and uses a Robotech mech image?

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say that is an improvement. I hate that optimal optimus figure. Still have mine somewhere...

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the Beast Wars stuff is either a love or hate kind of thing. I don't remember hating it, but I'd probably never get a figure of it either. They'd probably really have to put some work in to make a good figure for it.
Transmetals had some neat stuff, there just isn't enough going on there for me with that optimus. Its a humanoid ape-robot that turns into a humanoid robot-ape (and a silly car and jet). I like the proportions on that PE one though.

Saw the news about about a new game announcement on the 21st. Should I get excited?

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Transmetals had some neat stuff, there just isn't enough going on there for me with that optimus. Its a humanoid ape-robot that turns into a humanoid robot-ape (and a silly car and jet). I like the proportions on that PE one though.

This was always a problem with Primal, and to a lesser degree other Transformers with bipedal alt. modes since almost always those legs were going to be legs again (or arms if they're feeling creative) in robot mode.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
im 100% sure the new game news on the 21st isn't another Vs console game because that shit is so dead so I won't care

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Y'alls imagination is gonna let you down here. I'm expecting it to just reveal the IBO thing is, indeed, a gacha game.

Deleted member 35478

User-requested account closure
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Just finished my first build, Zaku II [RG]. Had a blast, and learned a lot. Hoping my next build comes out better, RX-79 (G) EZ-8 [MG], I should be better prepared for that one.

46697246221_952f0ab668_b.jpg

45972609564_c02ab231ab_b.jpg

Link to the build album, it's either an album or post, idk how imgur works lol.
https://imgur.com/a/hC2PeGk

Last edited:

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Just finished my first build, Zaku II [RG]. Had a blast, and learned a lot. Hoping my next build comes out better, RX-79 (G) EZ-8 [MG], I should be better prepared for that one.

46697246221_952f0ab668_b.jpg

45972609564_c02ab231ab_b.jpg

Link to the build album, it's either an album or post, idk how imgur works lol.
https://imgur.com/a/hC2PeGk
That's some nice weathering. I assume you've built plastic models that aren't gunpla before?
You may want to also post this in the plamo thread.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/plastic-scale-modelling-ot-gunpla-and-everything-else.45906/

Deleted member 35478

Banned
Dec 6, 2017

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Thanks. I used to build model air planes when I was a kid, but that was 20 yrs ago lol. This build was me getting back into the hobby basically not knowing anything haha.
That's really good for a "first" build. Usually one expects out of the box builds without panel lining, weathering or battle damage with a few ugly nub marks and a couple of slightly misplaced stickers before people start to improve. :)
Even the photographs are unusual as what one expects from first-timers is unevenly lit models, rigidly posed, displayed in a busy background and taken from an angle that is too high for the small subject.
I know because I've been there. :P

Last edited:

Deleted member 35478

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
That's really good for a "first" build. Usually one expects out of the box builds without panel lining, weathering or battle damage with a few ugly nub marks and a couple of slightly misplaced stickers before people start to improve. :)
Even the photographs are unusual as what one expects from first-timers is unevenly lit models, rigidly posed, displayed in a busy background and taken from an angle that is too high for the small subject.
I know because I've been there. :P

I watched a lot of videos and lurked a lot on r/gunpla looking for tips. I really wanted to do the weathering and damage, since I used to collect the Gundam Battle Scared line of action figures when I was a kid, always loved that look. The local gundam store ("Gundam Galaxy" I can't believe it exists) helped me get the right tools to get started when I picked up the kit, then I ordered more supplies as the build progressed. Took my time, nibs drove me crazy but knowing I'd be weathering I felt I could cheat and hide the ones I gave up on fully removing / polishing.

Photo and lighting, took the photo with a point and shoot Sony RX100 mkII, built a light box, first one, out of an empty beer box and a cut up christmas gift bag. That was also used as my matte top coat spray booth. Light source was my under cabinet lights lol. Did not expect any of the results I got with the entirety of this build.

xuljMrRl.jpg

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
I watched a lot of videos and lurked a lot on r/gunpla looking for tips. I really wanted to do the weathering and damage, since I used to collect the Gundam Battle Scared line of action figures when I was a kid, always loved that look. The local gundam store ("Gundam Galaxy" I can't believe it exists) helped me get the right tools to get started when I picked up the kit, then I ordered more supplies as the build progressed. Took my time, nibs drove me crazy but knowing I'd be weathering I felt I could cheat and hide the ones I gave up on fully removing / polishing.

Photo and lighting, took the photo with a point and shoot Sony RX100 mkII, built a light box, first one, out of an empty beer box and a cut up christmas gift bag. That was also used as my matte top coat spray booth. Light source was my under cabinet lights lol. Did not expect any of the results I got with the entirety of this build.

xuljMrRl.jpg
Being someone with a big amount of attention to detail and willing to put the work is always a plus when it comes to building model kits, so kudos to you.
I can tell you that it is somewhat unusual that people put that much dedication on their first gunpla build. :)

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Was thinking about the new Gundam game announcement coming in a couple weeks. Since the trailer is debuting in Gundam Battle Operation 2 before it's general unveiling, I'm assuming a couple things:

1. PS4 game. Might be on other platforms as well, but definitely PS4.
2. More than likely UC-based. Would sure be weird seeing an AU title announced in something that's hardcore UC oriented.

Oct 25, 2017
Was thinking about the new Gundam game announcement coming in a couple weeks. Since the trailer is debuting in Gundam Battle Operation 2 before it's general unveiling, I'm assuming a couple things:

1. PS4 game. Might be on other platforms as well, but definitely PS4.
2. More than likely UC-based. Would sure be weird seeing an AU title announced in something that's hardcore UC oriented.
whens the next Gundam Musou :(

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

xuljMrRl.jpg
that's a cool light box

Saudade

Oct 26, 2017
What's with the animation?
Looks like a fan project on Kickstarter or Patreon...
Now that I've watched it on a bigger screen...the beach and sand are both CGI? And why the hell does the Penelope look like it just came out of a PS2 cutscene?

Hopefully it's just a rough cut they put out for the PV but jeez. Not what I expected of an UC Gundam theatrical production at all after Unicorn/Thunderbolt/Narrative.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love a current gen single player title running on the GBO2 engine.
I'd love it too but I don't think BN would put effort into a single player GBO2 when they rather just point people to that.

Ideally I'd want something like what Artdink did with Macross 30 but that is never happening.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I'd love it too but I don't think BN would put effort into a single player GBO2 when they rather just point people to that.

Ideally I'd want something like what Artdink did with Macross 30 but that is never happening.

Doesn't need to be a single player GBO2, I don't care if I can't exit a mobile suit. Just use the same engine for another Gundam game. It exists and would be easier than starting from scratch.

Macross 30's open world set up was cool, but I doubt we'll see that.

I'd honestly be happy with another story driving single player game in Universal Century. Ground, space based or both.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm rewatching IBO. Anyone else ship the hell out Orga and Merribit? I know it's wrong but I couldn't help but feel like she wanted a piece of that in the beginning and only stopped once she realized Orga was Tekkadansexual.

RangerBAD

Oct 25, 2017
Not shipping, but it did seem like the story was going to go that way and then didn't. Merribit missed the heartbreak bullet, I guess. Orga was too busy thinking about Mika.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Now that I've watched it on a bigger screen...the beach and sand are both CGI? And why the hell does the Penelope look like it just came out of a PS2 cutscene?

Hopefully it's just a rough cut they put out for the PV but jeez. Not what I expected of an UC Gundam theatrical production at all after Unicorn/Thunderbolt/Narrative.
Yeah I really hope that isn't in anyway close to the final product because it looks rough as hell. Probably just a rough cut they put together quickly just to show something.

Last edited: