• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
08-BF2435-553-C-4445-84-E5-23991-CF73-EE2.jpg

Grabbed the new Crossbone Converge the other night at the local Japanese grocery store. Perfect size for my desk.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Grabbed a Gustav Karl, gonna make it tomorrow. Also bought Lime Green Candy Paint and Silver Aluminum paint lol... I had no plan for this kit's paint so... no idea how this will turn out.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
After a bit of a break, I'm continuing with Zeta. Still enjoying it quite a lot. The amount of slaps (and punches) has been skyrocketing, but it seems to have been stabilised now. They really like putting every crew member in some sort of romantic relationship. I also feel like they're giving some more screen time to other crew members, more so than in the first series (though I may be wrong on this), which is definitely a positive.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Jw8AiYc3

NVM, coming on the 30th. Still going for the Guan Yu one. Feel like it will lose some of the appeal by not glowing but w/e.

Last edited:

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
If anyone is playing Battle Operation 2, they added a training mode that will net you six draw tokens, a bunch of money, 30 recycle tickets and 3 GM Trainer MS units. Pretty simple and straightforward stuff, but it actually taught me some tactics around melee attacks that I never bothered to learn.

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017
Since I got to zz gundam I was thinking what to watch while building gundpla since it's only in Japanese. Not wanting to skip ahead I decided to check out the 0079 movie trilogy since it's in English... I can't do it. What the fuck is this dub. It's so bad. I can't watch 3 movies of this. So here I am watching fruits basket while building my first master grade the GM sniper II

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
ZZ not having a dub sucks, but you get to hear Judau's AMAZING VA. The next UC stuff with a dub are Char's Counterattack/0080/0083/08th MS

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Since I got to zz gundam I was thinking what to watch while building gundpla since it's only in Japanese. Not wanting to skip ahead I decided to check out the 0079 movie trilogy since it's in English... I can't do it. What the fuck is this dub. It's so bad. I can't watch 3 movies of this. So here I am watching fruits basket while building my first master grade the GM sniper II
Watch G Gundam! Alternate time line with a super robot take. Not traditional Gundam but fun in a different way and has a dub

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I like the Zeta dub, it's not great like G Gundam even though it is largely the same cast but it's better than many make it out to be.

The movie trilogy was the first thing dubbed in English for the NA market and it wasn't done well.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Does Divers get good cause first few eps in and I'm totally not digging this at all. I liked Build Fighters but this feels so different

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I've been dreading writing about 00...but I might as well get it over with this weekend so I can do the last decade of Gundam.

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017
Watch G Gundam! Alternate time line with a super robot take. Not traditional Gundam but fun in a different way and has a dub
I really really should. I do love me some shining fingers.I do like the dub of g Gundam cause of how over the top it was but there isn't anything in g Gundam that's not over the top. I wasn't planning on going out of ordering my rewatch of the series but I might as well if the current series I'm on doesn't have a dub. Goal is to finish a series and do a gunpla from that series.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I really really should. I do love me some shining fingers.I do like the dub of g Gundam cause of how over the top it was but there isn't anything in g Gundam that's not over the top. I wasn't planning on going out of ordering my rewatch of the series but I might as well if the current series I'm on doesn't have a dub. Goal is to finish a series and do a gunpla from that series.
That's basically what I'm doing, with some random grabs here and there like astray no name and my two master grades (f91 and 00 full burst)

Well and the 4 modern hg future century kits are on my order from japan after narrowing down my backlog list (G Gundam, Shining, Master/horse and Nobell Gundam)

My current backlog is the 2 fore mentioned master grades(plan to start f91 when I get my mat in... maybe) plus hguc Psycho Gundam and revive hg Quebley... which is probably my next build as I need to adjust my cutting style for having a cutting mat before I try something more difficult

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Does Divers get good cause first few eps in and I'm totally not digging this at all. I liked Build Fighters but this feels so different

Just finished Divers this week, I'd say nah its not worth finishing. I dropped it while it was releasing and just not watched it all. Its got some highlight moments but I would not go out of your way to see it. I liked some of the characterizations in the background or side characters dealing with gaming, MMO/online friendships, and what not. Not to mention fun gundam and gunpla camoes and jokes.

But the whole Build line clearly peaked with Fighters and they have never hit that quality again sadly. Better than Try imo, but does nothing that interesting with its premise but make you want to build models and want an actual game out of the fictional one featured lol.

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
The main reason why my wife and I finished Divers was the MMO aspect. As former WoW players it was very appealing, and the plot was decent. As in, not very good but not awful.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Yes. Bright gives 0 fucks in ZZ.
Not much different than Z then. It's weird how they brought him back but he didn't end up doing that much.
It's funny how Zeta is, what, 8 years after 0079? Because the first episode of ZZ may as well be Zeta Episode 51.
I'll have to continue watching as soon as possible. The last episode of Zeta is quite a sad conclusion, it doesn't even conclude much.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Not much different than Z then. It's weird how they brought him back but he didn't end up doing that much.

I'll have to continue watching as soon as possible. The last episode of Zeta is quite a sad conclusion, it doesn't even conclude much.
Warning you right now, ZZ has a massive tonal shift and is really silly in the first third if the series. I still strongly recommend it, but just be aware of that going in.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Warning you right now, ZZ has a massive tonal shift and is really silly in the first third if the series. I still strongly recommend it, but just be aware of that going in.
Thanks, I have read about that multiple times in this thread so I'm ready :) It's probably not such a bad thing, considering how Zeta ended.

Oct 25, 2017
Finally getting back on my Gundam watch. Decided to just watch all the UC Gundams and I'll watch some of the others later if I feel like it. Currently watching ZZ for the first time. This show is fucking wild coming off of Zeta. Yazan, who just got done murdering half the cast of Zeta just for the hell of it, is here just being a bumbling goof which I might be mad about if I gave a single shit about Yazan. Judau is kind of great and I actually don't think this is a bad change of pace coming off of super serious Zeta.

Also, I've been trying to decide if I want to bother with F91 and Victory or not.

Loreth_94

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Also, I've been trying to decide if I want to bother with F91 and Victory or not.

F91 is really well animated, but is also a 50 episode show shoved into 2 hours so the pacing is a bit wild. It also leads into the Crossbone manga which is great.

Victory is also good in my opinion.

Then again I liked every Gundam show/film I've watched to some extent.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
which astray is this? i only know gold, red and blue frame.
That's the blue frame. The blue frame has a bunch of variations and the first that got a Master Grade as depicted there is the one called 2nd Revise, itself a variation of the Second L that has only gotten an HG and an NG 1/100.
Another variation of the blue frame that has gotten a Master Grade is the Frame D.

Additionally, of the original Astrays there's also the green frame.

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's the blue frame. The blue frame has a bunch of variations and the first that got a Master Grade as depicted there is the one called 2nd Revise, itself a variation of the Second L that has only gotten an HG and an NG 1/100.
Another variation of the blue frame that has gotten a Master Grade is the Frame D.

Additionally, of the original Astrays there's also the green frame.
hey! Thanks =)