• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DevilPuncher

Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
Finally started my Wing rewatch. Let's see how this goes.

Edit:

Oh lord this is dumb.

Last edited:

DevilPuncher

Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
Because Gundam Wing is 90's as fuck where the logical explanation for everything is "rule of cool."
But it's so dumb abhhbfkbagbkgbarbgrbkbga

YhqcTu.gif

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
YOU'RE SAYING... REDUCE THE FORCES?

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE PROBLEM WITH THOSE MOBILE SUITS?

Septum's dub VA is a treasure.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
08th MS Team Dub is fine but the Gouf shooting the Guntanks "oh oh oh ahhhh" for all of them getting destroyed is hilarious. What stock sound effect package did they find that in haha.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Hmmm, may still be a bit till I put in the order, but trying to decide which of the four HGFC kits to get first(G, Burning, Master or Nobel) anyone have thoughts to chip in?

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm, may still be a bit till I put in the order, but trying to decide which of the four HGFC kits to get first(G, Burning, Master or Nobel) anyone have thoughts to chip in?
HGFC Master Gundam is really nice. You get Fuunsaiki, and you have a few things you can do with the wings that you can't do with the MG. I have both the MG and the HG but the HG is probably the better kit.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I just finished re-watching the Unicorn OVA (still great) but that being said...

Anything meaningful happen in NT? I've already watched the first half-hour preview but can't seem to find any other details from a quick search, so I'm open to anyone here just laying on me a spoiler tagged synopsis.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
So I just finished re-watching the Unicorn OVA (still great) but that being said...

Anything meaningful happen in NT? I've already watched the first half-hour preview but can't seem to find any other details from a quick search, so I'm open to anyone here just laying on me a spoiler tagged synopsis.
NT is okay. Not like... super key for what's coming next. The stuff that will connect to the larger UC stuff is minimal.

The main entire deals with a lot of eastern mysticism. Fenix is just a Buddah. Newtype ghosts are just Nirvana. The characters journey's don't connect to the UC outside of a few neat references.

Mineva and Banagher have the Unicorn still. That's about the most important thing to know for future movies.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
With Master you get a mecha horse.
Nobel is one of the rare Gundams that have a female shape. Whether sailor uniforms are a plus or not is up to you.
HGFC Master Gundam is really nice. You get Fuunsaiki, and you have a few things you can do with the wings that you can't do with the MG. I have both the MG and the HG but the HG is probably the better kit.
For ref I plan to get all four of those high grades, just trying to decide which to do first, and master Gundam just seems to cool to start with, he seems like a finisher. If I wanted to keep things interesting as i go, doing G then Nobel, then Burning and finishing with Master could be the right way to go

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
For ref I plan to get all four of those high grades, just trying to decide which to do first, and master Gundam just seems to cool to start with, he seems like a finisher. If I wanted to keep things interesting as i go, doing G then Nobel, then Burning and finishing with Master could be the right way to go
There are two different HG Nobel kits, regular and berserker mode. So maybe start with the regular one if you plan to do both in order to space them out.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Really tempted to shinkansen it to Tokyo for a day just to get the Three Kingdom's SD Gundams lol. But thats crazy expensive just for some SD kits haha. Why did they make these Gundam base exclusive!?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Hmm about five episodes into G Gundam and I'm really enjoying it... sad there's only five kits though, I mean a lot of these main designs are awesome early on, and even some of the grunts(like the transformable helicopter mechs in New York are pretty cool). I like that they went crazy on these designs a bit, Bolt Gundam and Dragon Gundam are pretty awesome(even if the later would be pretty hard to make a kit of) and I haven't even gotten to the real meat yet. While not a main Gundam show it's fun to see some flipped references like the Colonies being the elite for a change. Curious to see where the main story goes, next episode the dark Gundam gets introduced

Also leaning towards order of appearance on what order I do the kits, cept Shining is the only one that's shown up yet XD. Also while an awesome move, shining finger is the worst ultimate move name I've seen in anime/manga I've read so far xd

RangerBAD

Oct 25, 2017
Define lately. My last purchase was from the 20th of February and I had no problems but I'm not sure that qualifies as lately.

That's lately, but you're Catalan so you probably don't use American Express. I can't seem to get past this SafeKey thing. Card company says its not the card. I sent AmiAmi a message and I'm betting they'll blame the card company. I've been seriously upset the last two days.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
That's lately, but you're Catalan so you probably don't use American Express. I can't seem to get past this SafeKey thing. Card company says its not the card. I sent AmiAmi a message and I'm betting they'll blame the card company. I've been seriously upset the last two days.
I'm using PayPal (linked to a Visa credit card) to pay the kits I get. I believe American Express presence in Europe is vestigial at best. Most people use either Visa or MasterCard.
AmiAmi do have a bit of a bad reputation regarding inquires but luckily I've never had to contact them for anything.

RangerBAD

Oct 25, 2017
I'm using PayPal (linked to a Visa credit card) to pay the kits I get. I believe American Express presence in Europe is vestigial at best. Most people use either Visa or MasterCard.
AmiAmi do have a bit of a bad reputation regarding inquires but luckily I've never had to contact them for anything.

My order will likely end up cancelled then.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
My order will likely end up cancelled then.
I once let an order lapse at AmiAmi (the whole week passed without me confirming the payment) and I had no problems afterwards.
In my case, I didn't want the kit so it was OK for me but if you really want whatever it is you ordered, then it sucks that you cannot confirm the payment.
Don't you have any alternative payment method? Any reason why something like PayPal may be undesirable?

RangerBAD

Oct 25, 2017
I once let an order lapse at AmiAmi (the whole week passed without me confirming the payment) and I had no problems afterwards.
In my case, I didn't want the kit so it was OK for me but if you really want whatever it is you ordered, then it sucks that you cannot confirm the payment.
Don't you have any alternative payment method? Any reason why something like PayPal may be undesirable?

It's a family members card. I live with my parents because I'm disabled. It took convincing to even import stuff. lol

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
I once had to activate the equivalent SafeKey functionality of my Visa card on my online banking account before I could make a certain purchase.
It was weird because I had made countless payments (e.g. Amazon) before with that same card and they didn't require the extra layer of security. It was only that one shop that used it (I think it was Game).
Just trying to think of anything that might help even though you probably have already been through all of this if you contacted American Express.

RangerBAD

Oct 25, 2017
I once had to activate the equivalent SafeKey functionality of my Visa card on my online banking account before I could make a certain purchase.
It was weird because I had made countless payments (e.g. Amazon) before with that same card and they didn't require the extra layer of security. It was only that one shop that used it (I think it was Game).
Just trying to think of anything that might help even though you probably have already been through all of this if you contacted American Express.

Part of it's my fault since I used the wrong number that SafeKey was asking for. Even going back and doing it right didn't work. AmiAmi only started doing this sometime after my last purchase last year. I've used them for 3 years.

Dec 18, 2017
Just finished War in the Pocket, loved it. I'm now in a tossup between continuing my UC journey with Unicorn, or giving Turn A a try. What are folks' thoughts on Turn?

RangerBAD

Oct 25, 2017
Update for xEik: Still couldn't do it. AmiAmi responded and can't help. So I asked them to cancel the order. I'm pissed, but I'm done with it. Can't import games anywhere else. PlayAsia doesn't even accept American Express.