• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Personally love Turn A, and it has some of the best and most unique designs in the series.
It's on my to consider list. I'm loving G Gundam and I've been too busy to deal with subs(things are getting serious in ZZ)
What is the deal with Turn a anyways other than the Gundam having a mustache and an awkwardly placed cockpit

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
It's on my to consider list. I'm loving G Gundam and I've been too busy to deal with subs(things are getting serious in ZZ)
What is the deal with Turn a anyways other than the Gundam having a mustache and an awkwardly placed cockpit
Turn A has a bunch of mech designs by Syd Mead (of Bladerunner fame), which is the reason for the unconventional designs.

The other thing with Turn A is that it's a "sequel" to every Gundam series that aired before it, including non-UC stuff.

DevilPuncher

Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
I finally got around to watching Char's Counterattack. It was... mediocre? I had tempered my expectations already, but I was still surprised at how meh it was.

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ReLisC4.jpg

TcgCIHX.jpg

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
They gave a 3rd grade girl who loves to dress up like a cat a mobile suit and TBH she's not that out of place.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Uniqlo has released T-shirts for the 40th anniversary and they are even available in Europe which is kind of incredible.
I'm tempted to go to their Barcelona shop and get some even though I know nothing about the quality of their products.

Dec 18, 2017
Just finished th Unicorn OVA, and, ahem, MOTHERFUCK RIDDHE MARCENAS. God, in a great series with some really idiotic characters, his little unrequited lover tantrum bullshit floated right to the top of the cesspit. Legit upset he piloted the Banshee, one of my favorite designs across UC.
Uniqlo has released T-shirts for the 40th anniversary and they are even available in Europe which is kind of incredible.
I'm tempted to go to their Barcelona shop and get some even though I know nothing about the quality of their products.
They're generally pretty good, and are otherwise so cheap that it doesn't really matter. I'd say they give HnM prices with better build quality.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished th Unicorn OVA, and, ahem, MOTHERFUCK RIDDHE MARCENAS. God, in a great series with some really idiotic characters, his little unrequited lover tantrum bullshit floated right to the top of the cesspit. Legit upset he piloted the Banshee, one of my favorite designs across UC.
Welcome to the correct side of history. #FuckRiddhe

Last edited:

RangerBAD

Oct 25, 2017

They're generally pretty good, and are otherwise so cheap that it doesn't really matter. I'd say they give HnM prices with better build quality.

That's right! Fuck Riddhe!

Dec 18, 2017
Other stray observation: when they were talking in Unicorn about the fact that the mobile suits use a universal standard, I realized that the UC universe just made kitbashing canonical. My theory was high-key confirmed by the rebuilt Kshatriya which looked like it was kitbashed with the Full Armor Unicorn, complete with off-color spear/axe thingy.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was about as brutal as the Fate/Grand Order x Tsukihime collab "trailer"

April Fools this year extracts a heavy toll.

Last edited:

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
I liked Riddhe at the start. By the halfway point I was out. By the end I wanted him dead.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
I think I'm the only person in the thread who is more or less OK with Riddhe. He does bad things, he does good things. His heart is more often than not in the wrong place even if he is mostly well intentioned. Ultimately he saves a lot more people than he kills.

I prefer having a character like Riddhe that you sometimes like and you sometimes hate than Martha who is a one note villain and therefore not that interesting because almost everyone will agree on disliking her.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm the only person in the thread who is more or less OK with Riddhe. He does bad things, he does good things. His heart is more often than not in the wrong place even if he is mostly well intentioned. Ultimately he saves a lot more people than he kills.

I prefer having a character like Riddhe that you sometimes like and you sometimes hate than Martha who is a one note villain and therefore not that interesting because almost everyone will agree on disliking her.
Yeah but he killed Marida so he sucks.

Oct 25, 2017

All aboard the Fuck Riddhe Train!!! WOO WOO!!!

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
I'll take the guy who killed his enemies and helped save the population of an entire space colony even if he is an entitled privileged elitist rather than the guy who sold his friends and subordinates to put himself in charge of a world destroyed beyond repair.
Charisma or not. :)

Oct 25, 2017
God, I hate Riddhe.

I hate Griffith too, but at least he's a well-written character.
Exactly this.
I'll take the guy who killed his enemies and helped save the population of an entire space colony even if he is an entitled privileged elitist rather than the guy who sold his friends and subordinates to put himself in charge of a world destroyed beyond repair.
Charisma or not. :)
If you're going to be a shit heel at least be a likable shit heel and not...Riddhe.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
I'd argue that Riddhe is a well written character, too. But his one redeeming moment does not save him from his own flaws and failings. Which are what make him so immediately easy to hate. I think that was the point of them closing on him the way they did in Unicorn. Sure he did a good thing. Still a piece of shit that you can hashtag your dislike of about.