• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
The re-used animation in SEED is just absurd, the amount of times they keep the re-using the exact same shot over and over in the same goddamn episode is so absolutely horrible that it just leaves me impressed, how the fuck do you get away with such blatant use of it, it feels like there's ZERO effort in hiding it. And although it's cool each show gets four openings, first Gundam show to have so many, all of them look like the exact same, and they all look terrible.
Seed Destiny has what? Four clip show eps?

Oct 25, 2017
coworker so graciously offered to show me the ropes so we've been doing gundam after work once a week, finally got to assemble the head and maybe the chest?
EAr7wcfUYAAyU0G

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
So G Gundam fans, we might be getting our God Gundam 2.0 at some point!? Or maybe a revive!? Well, maybe. There has been G Gundam news this week on the hobby front. -fingers crossed for that 2.0- but most likely to coincide with the expensive Hi-Res.

A HG Death Army was announced
EAtlHtoUIAAz6l2

Also figures for Domon and Rain were announced this week as well, similar to the ones from Stardust Memory.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I am in shock that Build Divers, of all things, got a second season. Not Try? Or GBF? Or a new Build series. A new Divers.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MC's main Gundam is called the Core Gundam. It combines with support craft (Planets System).

coa.jpg

gunpla10.jpg

Combined with the Earth Armor it becomes the Earthree Gundam (site says Earthly but there was a pic floating around of the HG boxart and that uses Earthree so I will, too)
earthly.jpg

There's two more revealed. One combined with the Mars Armor, the second with the Venus Armor.

mars_four.jpg

vitor.jpg

This thing reminds me of the Liger Zero.

EDIT: That mobile game Gundam Battle: Gunpla Warfare is now LIVE.

Last edited:

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I found Build Divers better than Fighters Try, so if we are to get sequel I would rather Divers. :P
Besides it's implied that Divers is a sequel to the Fighters series.

Wait what? Do you mean Gundam Battle: Gunpla Warfare? I thought it was releasing in August.

Except...Fighters Try was a direct sequel to Fighters so they're all in the same universe.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Yeah I totally misread. Anyway, yeah that's definitely an opinion. I don';t see the two series in the same stratosphere but you did get what you wanted.
Build Fighters is amazing and is indeed, in a completely different stratosphere of quality compared to the other two, but the difference between Fighters Try and Divers is that Fighters Try is TRYing (hehe) to ride the wave of Fighters, and it feels that all it's doing is leech off of the original Fighters without actually doing anything interesting.
Build Divers does it's own thing at least, it's riddled with problems, but at least it tells it's own little story.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Build Fighters is amazing and is indeed, in a completely different stratosphere of quality compared to the other two, but the difference between Fighters Try and Divers is that Fighters Try is TRYing (hehe) to ride the wave of Fighters, and it feels that all it's doing is leech off of the original Fighters without actually doing anything interesting.
Build Divers does it's own thing at least, it's riddled with problems, but at least it tells it's own little story.

The transition to 3v3 battles was more than enough to me tbh, but they don't even use the older main characters for this new story.

Divers DOES do some interesting things, but...it's mostly bad at it. GBF Try gets a little rote with Sekai, but everything else it does I feel is executed well. Divers has a lot of cool ideas but never goes anywhere with them. I like it some but its a distant third to the first two series. I'm hoping Re:Rise improves. Already it's got a better Gundam.

Decarbia

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't a fan of Divers, weird it got a sequel.

Picked up a couple kits yesterday, FA-78-3 and V2 A/B. Gotta find time to build them lol

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
MC's main Gundam is called the Core Gundam. It combines with support craft (Planets System).

coa.jpg

gunpla10.jpg

Combined with the Earth Armor it becomes the Earthree Gundam (site says Earthly but there was a pic floating around of the HG boxart and that uses Earthree so I will, too)
earthly.jpg

There's two more revealed. One combined with the Mars Armor, the second with the Venus Armor.

mars_four.jpg

vitor.jpg

This thing reminds me of the Liger Zero.

EDIT: That mobile game Gundam Battle: Gunpla Warfare is now LIVE.
The Core Gundam looks like just a little more than the frame from the Frame Arms line so they can sell you the armor extras.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
So G Gundam fans, we might be getting our God Gundam 2.0 at some point!? Or maybe a revive!? Well, maybe. There has been G Gundam news this week on the hobby front. -fingers crossed for that 2.0- but most likely to coincide with the expensive Hi-Res.

A HG Death Army was announced
EAtlHtoUIAAz6l2

Also figures for Domon and Rain were announced this week as well, similar to the ones from Stardust Memory.
Whaaaatttttt, but wait where's the main lower torso? Also does this mean we'll finally get modern kits of the rest of Domon's Shuffle alliance? Or Tequila Gundam? Or some more antagonist suits

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I know we've gotten MG Mushas and even Metal Robot Spirits Knight Gundam, but did we ever get a traditional non-SD Knight Gundam model kit?

Deleted member 5745

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
Maybe it's the colors throwing me off. I mean, the Justice makes sense, but it doesn't seem as stylized as the Justice is usually depicted. Proportionally, it reminds me more of the Impulse than the Justice.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
New Gundam mobile game is pretty good, especially considering it's swipe controls only and after 2 1/2 hours I'm only just now running into the "wait for half an hour or buy energy now".

Kotaku Impressions

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Finally have some new kits coming in, ordered the older Master grade Shadow Gundam along with the hgfc Shining Gundam both from Japan so should be here at the end of the month. Looking at finishing off my g Gundam lineup at least until we start getting some new ones, would love if we got the rest of the shuffle alliance suits

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
is there an OT for GB:GW yet?

I'm already halfway to building my Fin Funnels pewpew machine of doom

Deleted member 5745

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My gacha luck with GB:GW hasn't been great so I've just been buffing up the Artemis you get from the story and plowing through with it. It's pretty sick.

Right before the final tournament battles I did get Mace-chan in a 10-pull, threw that on Artemis and went to town.