• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
So I'm re-reading Gundam: The Origin from the beginning and I got to the part near the end of the first volume where they're battling Char near Luna 2. The White Base has Char's Musai dead to rights and is stopped by the Federation ship Madagascar. Bright and co are taken in and reprimanded (even imprisoned) for fighting the Zeon without authorization and the Luna II commander says something like "you don't understand the delicate balance here" or something like that.

It was explained earlier that Luna II is the only extra terrestrial base that the Federation has, while Zeon has a ton of them on the same moon, but what did that mean, that even though they're at war Zeon tolerated a Feddy base there?

Then the next scene Char makes them all look like fools. Though it's kind of amazing how cavalier Char always is, he's basically always just doing the job half way and then retreating, which makes a lot of sense when you have episodes to fill but makes him look a little incompetent.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here's a better look at the lineart for Snow White.

1569407685052.jpg

Edit: Different magazine with lighter shadows. Those Messer Zwerg looking attachments are on an apparent third set of wings that can fold in front.

a081fa4egy1g7crz21zp3j22c0340npf.jpg

a081fa4egy1g7cryglhpoj22c0340npg.jpg

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Say since it's tangential anyways and has Gundam, figured I'd ask here, what's a better entry to the super robot wars series, T, V, or X? I'd probably prefer one with g Gundam. Thinking of getting it on my switch(importing t from Asia or waiting and seeing what the situation is with the other two)
Edit... found a deal and wound up ordering T, any tips?

Last edited:

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they do a RG for that Snow White Gundam.

The wing design is great but I really dislike the color scheme of the non-Snow White version.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I will never understand the appeal of EW Wing Zero but at least the extra bits they are bolting on are more mechanical in nature.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It's a bit of "We heard you like super-robot stuff so we put some super-robot in your real-robot. We know you won't mind since you didn't complain after we started destroying colonies with a single beam rifle shot."
It looks good enough in motion/animation just I wish kits/figures could do the wings justice.

Deleted member 5745

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Some special video penned by Fukui included in the 40th anniversary blu ray sets coming out in Japan.

This is only the beginning and end, the rest is apparently just a UC recap.

RangerBAD

Oct 25, 2017
Was that a Moon Gundam preview or just for the manga? The video is just a non-canonical nostalgia trip and I can appreciate that.

Deleted member 5745

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No one seems to know. Could just be Fukui shilling his manga.

But man. The Gundam universe really does have a god. And its name is Turn A.

Wasn't this guessed since the Dark History reveal back in Turn A Gundam? That each AU is actually in the same universe, and civilization gets reset by the Moonlight Butterfly each time?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing VS again and with this new one out today, I'm kind of excited but hardly know what to expect. Is it more of an online shooter? Fun?

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Was that a Moon Gundam preview or just for the manga? The video is just a non-canonical nostalgia trip and I can appreciate that.

Also seemed to hint at the Unicorn 2 "overseas drama" that was on that accidentally released announcement board from a couple years ago.

I've been playing VS again and with this new one out today, I'm kind of excited but hardly know what to expect. Is it more of an online shooter? Fun?

3rd person action game where you can pilot mobile suits as well as get out and run around on the ground. I've been playing it since the Japanese version came out. It's fun. And it's free.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I wish Battle operations, vs, or breakers would come to the switch in the west, sigh or just switch period

Well at least I'll have super robot wars t in a few weeks

RangerBAD

Oct 25, 2017

Wasn't this guessed since the Dark History reveal back in Turn A Gundam? That each AU is actually in the same universe, and civilization gets reset by the Moonlight Butterfly each time?

You're really going to take it as canon? Some flavor text on back of a gunpla box or something said that a long time ago.

PerrierChaud

Feb 24, 2019
I remember playing sub-15fps Gundam Operation on PS3, those were the days
Who's down for a GO2 OP to celebrate its EU/US release?

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
It's implied heavily in the show as well, though Tomino doesn't like that explanation. Nor does he care about the official timeline released about it vis a vis its relationship with G Reco.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
You're really going to take it as canon? Some flavor text on back of a gunpla box or something said that a long time ago.

This book from 1999 also acknowledges it. Sorry if they're bad quality, I just took some quick pics.\

CEBA5-E5-D-DD4-F-47-D0-A9-AE-74-F5-E67-C0-CA3.jpg

6-DB42-CC7-940-B-4573-970-E-5350-A2338-EDC.jpg

C236-F0-BA-0576-4-A7-E-8502-F3-BE0-F000926.jpg

Wiki said:
The book 2001 Correct Century, A Bibliographical Study of "Dark History", printed in black pages in front of the Universal Century Gundam Officials Encyclopedia, is supposedly uncovered by a fictional Lecturer in Black History named Yokk Wakk Onimott during Correct Century 1993. Onimott spends two years to fix the broken pages, five years to interpret the language, and a year to find a publisher. He states that the book was first printed around 3,000 years ago by the Rhea branch of the Earth Federation Government University. Included in the book is a picture drawn by Kunio Okawara showing a mobile suit supposed to be MS-04 as a S.U.I.T. project of the Zeon forces in UC0072~0075. It supposedly was found in 1993 Correct Century in the mountain cycle Library A-a. The white page introduction by another fictional writer, Minaka Junkers, an economy assistant professor of the Rhea branch of the Earth Federation Government University, states the book was published in UC0100 to celebrate the Centennial anniversary of the Universal Century. Thus it is officially claimed that the Universal Century is a time before Correct Century, possibly around 3,000 years before the story of Turn A begins.

My Japanese skills are not nearly good enough to translate the full text, but if someone else would like to I'll take pictures of Onimott and Junkers' full, multi-page write ups. Doesn't look like anyone has ever translated it into English based on a quick Google search. I got this book for $10 at the now-defunct Vancouver, BC Book Off years ago.

Last edited:

Decarbia

Oct 25, 2017

Sort of. The leading theory at the time was that UC led to a cataclysm that caused X which led into W which led into G and it was that technology which created the moonlight butterfly which caused the end and CC

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Started watching Gundam Wing, I've now seen 5 episodes but I'm not really sure if I'm feeling this one. I'll give it a couple more episodes but I might have to call it quits if it doesn't pick up.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Started watching Gundam Wing, I've now seen 5 episodes but I'm not really sure if I'm feeling this one. I'll give it a couple more episodes but I might have to call it quits if it doesn't pick up.
It's okay, it's pretty bad honestly. The suits are cool. That's about it.

Heero's theme music rips. That's the nicest thing I can say about it.

Decarbia

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm not even a huge fan of Ookawaras designs in W. I much prefer the Katoki redesigns. Glory of the Losers improves things a bit but not totally.

Deleted member 5745

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wew, GBO2 is not easy in the beginning. Took a few hours to get the hang of it, but even then I wouldn't say I'm "gud".

It's even rougher since I'm coming off of Daemon X Machina.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Wew, GBO2 is not easy in the beginning. Took a few hours to get the hang of it, but even then I wouldn't say I'm "gud".

It's even rougher since I'm coming off of Daemon X Machina.

I never got very good at it, but I always had fun and managed to rank up pretty well. Probably won't bother with the English version since you can already play the Japanese version in English and I'd lose all the mobile suits I've acquired.

Also, I always meander over to the enemy base and plant the bomb ASAP. They never seem to notice and it works about 95% of the time.

Oct 25, 2017
Gundam Wing is good if you're a teenager, it gets better-ish towards the middle I think, but it's nowhere near Zeta, or Victory Gundam quality.

Deleted member 5745

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I got some screencaps from that Chronicle of U.C. If you like Turn A, these should make for some good wallpapers.

QKVs205.png

bKZR51G.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm not even a huge fan of Ookawaras designs in W. I much prefer the Katoki redesigns. Glory of the Losers improves things a bit but not totally.
I still can't get over Deathscythe(1)'s redesign in GotL. Which is why I customized the gunpla which I shared earlier in the thread (going for a true black and painting the back half of the head black to give it a hooded look and keep the artist's white front for "purist" reasons).

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
I started watching Gundam X this weekend. As of episode 8, I'm enjoying the series quite a bit. It has an interesting setting, characters with clear motivations who (mostly) behave like actual humans, and a nice mix of self-contained plot beats with an overarching story.

The only thing I'm not feeling are the designs for most of the main protagonist/antagonist gundams. They feel like less distinctive versions of suits from Wing. I absolutely adore a lot of the grunt suits, though.

Decarbia

Oct 25, 2017
That's how I feel about that era. Ookie was kinda phoning it in from G to X. Lots of similar designs in the suits like Dragon/Nataku and Epyon/Virsago.

Oct 27, 2017
Spent a few weeks on this on and off. Brushing on the metallic blue-green acrylic was the toughest part. And the elbow joints kept breaking. Longest process was using the gunmetal grey gundam marker on all of the frame parts, rolling a q-tip over it to give it a brushed metal/weathered look and waiting for it to dry.

20191003_2123254yk8c.jpg

With the LEDs I installed yesterday:

20191005_145605jkj1a.jpg

20191005_145622q8kt4.jpg

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Spent a few weeks on this on and off. Brushing on the metallic blue-green acrylic was the toughest part. And the elbow joints kept breaking. Longest process was using the gunmetal grey gundam marker on all of the frame parts, rolling a q-tip over it to give it a brushed metal/weathered look and waiting for it to dry.

20191003_2123254yk8c.jpg

With the LEDs I installed yesterday:

20191005_145605jkj1a.jpg

20191005_145622q8kt4.jpg
That looks fantastic. Good job!

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
How in the world do more people not talk about the
newtype dolphin
in Gundam X??

I can't believe I never had that spoiled for me.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
So since I'll be encountering it lightly in a few weeks when my copy of Super robot wars t gets here, what's the deal with Crossbone Gundam?