• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Starting at 16:35, the subbed PV got recorded.

They imply pretty heavily this is the MC Snow White, not the AC one from the 2nd Lunar War (which was a white PROTO ZERO anyway, but some people are in denial). But, to be fair, in-story they have the same frame, just a different outward appearance.

Full name: XXXG-00YSW Wing Gundam Snow White Prelude

Entire wing unit is called Seraphim Binder. The two new ones are called Seraphim Unit and have two modes: Mode Rondo when they're folded in front, Mode Anthem when positioned in the back.

Messer Zwergs are now called Neue Zwergs, but they work the same as Wing Zero EW: Drei Zwerg/Drei Zwerg Doppert and Shield Zwerg forms. Also has a Neo Bird Mode.

Now...where would be a good place to preorder this, seeing as it's a Tamashii Web exclusive and I'm in the US?

Last edited:

Deleted member 5745

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting on that direct feed version to pop up on Youtube. C'mon, Bandai/Tamashii. I see some good desktop wallpapers I can make from it.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Haro!
LFhNK3j.jpg

Fun quick Saturday build. Figurise version is definitely on my to get list down the road along with some of the other variants

Monday I shall paint and start building the SDCS RX-78-02!

Snowybreak

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so what's the general consensus about The Origin? I was thinking of going back through the original show and then watching it.

Oct 8, 2019
Ok, so what's the general consensus about The Origin? I was thinking of going back through the original show and then watching it.

The manga version of Gundams the Origin is one of the best pieces of Gundam media that exist. The changes they make pretty much always make sense and the art is incredible.

Gundam the Origin the anime is very good but it can get hard to watch as its only the flashback section of the manga so its really dark.

Snowybreak

Oct 25, 2017
The manga version of Gundams the Origin is one of the best pieces of Gundam media that exist. The changes they make pretty much always make sense and the art is incredible.

Gundam the Origin the anime is very good but it can get hard to watch as its only the flashback section of the manga so its really dark.

Decided to grab the first two. Had a discount on Amazon for them.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Tada, was a fun little build. Took my time to paint Some details and panel line it. Not perfect of course but best I can do. Did the CS frame with SD eyes
sM0yxzB.jpg

RrtOlR9.jpg

DyQnnro.jpg

And a pic with Haro for fun!
z5xlU0N.jpg

This line is fun and with the price ratio it's definitely on my list as a pace breaker and some good painting and panel lining practice. Now to paint that bonus GM head. (Great Mazinger is next, and then I'll probably be orders the rest of the srw SDCS line which for now is Mazinger Z, Mazinkaizer, Getter Robo(Armageddon), and next month GaoGaiGar!)

Decarbia

Oct 25, 2017
SDs are great, I built so many of the old G Generation kits back in the day. They had no legs though lol..

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I started rewatching Superior Defender Gundam Force with my kids to give them an appreciation of SD Gundam (I have the original SD gundam cartoons but they don't make any sense unless you've seen the series they parody).

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Oh man, bluefin has the p Bandai Tallgeese 3 EW RG in stock... I'm tempted but do I really need to spend 13 bucks more than the standard Tallgeese RG... thoughts anyone? Is it worth it?

RRW

Oct 26, 2017
Oh man, bluefin has the p Bandai Tallgeese 3 EW RG in stock... I'm tempted but do I really need to spend 13 bucks more than the standard Tallgeese RG... thoughts anyone? Is it worth it?
I say buy it. P-Bandai stuff hard to get done restock.

Unless if you somehow dislike Tallgease 3

I have it, is really great. Actual working whip

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I guess I'm in the minority, but I find the direction in The Origin really off-putting and frequently dumb. It embodies a lot of super cliched tropes about hyperexaggerated body language in anime, but plays it totally straight in a way that makes it come off ridiculous imo. I think the show gets better as it goes on, and maybe it would be better served by watching it all back to back rather than separated by several months in between episodes, but I found it pretty meh overall. The 3D mobile suit action is actually not bad.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I say buy it. P-Bandai stuff hard to get done restock.

Unless if you somehow dislike Tallgease 3

I have it, is really great. Actual working whip
I bit... I still need to watch endless waltz but I bit. I did pass on the Leo though. It'll be my second Wing kit, I got the hg desert freedom fighter suit. Of course I still need the main Gundams XD. I think my backlog is set this year though outside of maybe a sdcs Gaogaigar that releases next month

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I guess I'm in the minority, but I find the direction in The Origin really off-putting and frequently dumb. It embodies a lot of super cliched tropes about hyperexaggerated body language in anime, but plays it totally straight in a way that makes it come off ridiculous imo. I think the show gets better as it goes on, and maybe it would be better served by watching it all back to back rather than separated by several months in between episodes, but I found it pretty meh overall. The 3D mobile suit action is actually not bad.

I haven't watched the anime but do you have the same criticisms of the manga? Because the manga seems incredible to me.

Deleted member 5745

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Oh shit Bluefin is selling that metal build Strike Freedom online.

I pray it's still up on Friday. Sorry, RG kits.

EDIT: God dammit. It's sold out....That actually makes me a little depressed.

Last edited:

Deleted member 17952

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise is 5 episodes in, and I have to say, this is pretty good for a Build series, definitely better than Build Fighters Try or the first Divers.

Also loving the concept of the Core Gundam. I'd have picked up Earthree already if only it had an MG (which probably won't happen).

Oct 8, 2019

I find Yaz's quirks involving body language a lot less off-putting than Tomino's quirks which involves stuff like giving character's goofy names and having absolutely bizarre dialogue like this.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I just realised that the page you linked says it costs 2.4 million yen.
DrEvil.gif

I guess some people have money to burn and more space than they know what to do with but I thought the second was at a premium in certain parts of Japan.
Well, if you can afford this, you can probably afford the space to place it.

Decarbia

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone ever use the Gundam marker airbrush station? Saw one today at the hobby shop and was tempted to try it out...

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise is 5 episodes in, and I have to say, this is pretty good for a Build series, definitely better than Build Fighters Try or the first Divers.

Also loving the concept of the Core Gundam. I'd have picked up Earthree already if only it had an MG (which probably won't happen).

Wow, y'all really hated GBF Try. I like Re:Rise, but from the first 3 episodes it's nowhere near as good as try to me. Better than Divers, however.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I find Yaz's quirks involving body language a lot less off-putting than Tomino's quirks which involves stuff like giving character's goofy names and having absolutely bizarre dialogue like this.

You mean a hypothetical discussion with an ally that has been accused by someone else(who is admittedly a reporter/spy) of being a former enemy of political importantance but can only be identified by your currently not present former ace(and a touchy empath). Speaking in hypotheticals is a thing

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Wow, y'all really hated GBF Try. I like Re:Rise, but from the first 3 episodes it's nowhere near as good as try to me. Better than Divers, however.
This is the truth. I can see furries liking Re:Rise more than Divers but the premise of NPC caring about what actually happens in battles hasn't lived to its potential so far. The focus on gunpla building has been minimal as well, which for me is a minus.

Oct 8, 2019
You mean a hypothetical discussion with an ally that has been accused by someone else(who is admittedly a reporter/spy) of being a former enemy of political importantance but can only be identified by your currently not present former ace(and a touchy empath). Speaking in hypotheticals is a thing

Char was the most famous ace the Zeon had so his face would have been plastered on numerous propaganda videos, and photos. This isn't like Char Aznable is pretending his a UPS driver his still an ace pilot his just wearing sunglasses.

Oct 8, 2019
He was always masked though

The thing is that in the same clip they make it clear that everyone understands that its Char, so it just comes off as goofy when Hayato spends 45 seconds beating around the bush before just telling Char he should try to become the leader of the Earth Federation.

I understand what Tomino is going for, Char doesn't want to be a leader, he just wants to be a pilot but it just comes off as fairly silly.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
The thing is that in the same clip they make it clear that everyone understands that its Char, so it just comes off as goofy when Hayato spends 45 seconds beating around the bush before just telling Char he should try to become the leader of the Earth Federation.

I understand what Tomino is going for, Char doesn't want to be a leader, he just wants to be a pilot but it just comes off as fairly silly.
This is all reminding me I still need a Hyaku Shiki kit... maybe I should save up for a nice one. That and I look forward to unlocking Char when I finally dig into SRW T, I imagine he has some gold dialogue

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Well look what got in! I didn't even know the Tallgeese 3 had been shipped until it arrived
86ZeXdt.jpg

and Backlog pic! I've got a nice healthy one now, should be set till March, which is good since I'm going to be tight on funds around the holidays. Also will be fun to take some pics of the Super Robot(wars) big Three in CrossSilhouette and sd forms(well a version... I do plan to get Mazinger Z and Masinkaiser down the road but when that shall be I don't know. Gaogaigar I'll probably bite on when he hits amazon at retail prices, which may not happen till January despite releasing this month)
YuE8quf.jpg

Building great Mazinger next, probably next weekend. Also nice to have some non Gundam kits for a change, but the water slides on the xwing intimidate me. I also have a buddy to thank for grabbing me the xwing, altron, and Phantom on B&N clearance for me last month. Normally I skip the Star Wars kits due to the licensing markup, same as the minipla Megazords(although I do want the in space ones....).
Always nice to have a backlog

Stopped by B&N and they had some cool stuff but nothing I needed(or can fork over the cash for right now). That RE100 Jagh Dogh was very appealing though