• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Well, in my case there is a valid reason for having that PG in the backlog: when I bought the kit, it was not because I wanted to build it right away but because there was a pre-owned one on sale with a 50% discount.
If a kit that I know I'll eventually want gets such a discount, I buy it when the opportunity arises, not when I'm ready to build it.
A pre-owned kit? I guess they bought it and maybe opened it but never actually started building it? Man a 50% discount would really soften the blow from buying the LED unit.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
A pre-owned kit? I guess they bought it and maybe opened it but never actually started building it? Man a 50% discount would really soften the blow from buying the LED unit.
It was last Christmas so my head-canon is that someone in Japan got duplicate PG Unicorn presents and didn't want to ask for the receipt for an exchange. :P
Not such a stiff discount but here's a pre-owned RG Sazabi. I don't know if you buy locally or from Japan but if it's the latter, it might be an option to consider. Kits graded ITEM:A-/BOX:B have always been in good condition whenever I've bought one. Everything is inside their plastic bags and box damage is only apparent at level C.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
It was last Christmas so my head-canon is that someone in Japan got duplicate PG Unicorn presents and didn't want to ask for the receipt for an exchange. :P
Not such a stiff discount but here's a pre-owned RG Sazabi. I don't know if you buy locally or from Japan but if it's the latter, it might be an option to consider. Kits graded ITEM:A-/BOX:B have always been in good condition whenever I've bought one. Everything is inside their plastic bags and box damage is only apparent at level C.
Aw damn I actually just got mine in the mail lol. I don't know if I'm just slow but it took me an hour to build the feet so far. I also already fucked it up. I cut off this tiny little detail from one of the feet thinking it was a nub.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NEXT PHASE GUNPLA 2020 reveals (gonna sort this by P-Bandai and retail)

P-Bandai:
HGAC Gundam Geminass 01
HGUC Gundam Unit 4 "G04"
HG Origin MSD Desert Zaku
RE/100 Shokew

Retail:
HG Origin RX-78-02
HGCE Infinite Justice Gundam
HGCE Jet Windam
RG Force Impulse Gundam
HGIBO Gundam Marchosias
SDCS Gundam Barbatos Lupus Rex
MG Gundam Kyrios

Well...there's several that I want. And now I have to go get the MG Dynames.

Last edited:

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
I'll buy Dynames now that Kyrios has been announced. Guessing Virtue announced by Summer, the one I really want.

Hydra_BE

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
These announcements are kind of boring, really. A lot of subject matter that was predictable(Infinite Justice, Kyrios) and the "surprise" announcements were safe(Origin Gundam, RG Impulse). We're at the point where the age group who watched SEED/Destiny/00 are of working age and possibly feeling nostalgic, so I suppose it's not surpising.

I'm guessing the future for Bandai going foward is a focus on the modern AU series, while most UC stuff is relegated to P-Bandai.

RRW

Oct 26, 2017
These announcements are kind of boring, really. A lot of subject matter that was predictable(Infinite Justice, Kyrios) and the "surprise" announcements were safe(Origin Gundam, RG Impulse). We're at the point where the age group who watched SEED/Destiny/00 are of working age and possibly feeling nostalgic, so I suppose it's not surpising.

I'm guessing the future for Bandai going foward is a focus on the modern AU series, while most UC stuff is relegated to P-Bandai.

Unless we get new UC anime. UC stuff kinda exhausted of the popular mainstream stuff. maybe Revive Guntank i guess

Excited of RG Impulse. hopefully, we get many pack

Hydra_BE

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
By unpredictable or shocking, I mean something like a MG GP02 2.0 or a RE/100 Hygog. The fact that Bandai is releasing a new Shokew kit via their website tells me a little about their strategy going forward, and it's understandable. It's also certain that the big releases this year are being held back for the back end of the year, so I don't want to underestimate Bandai too much.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
A 1/100 Hygogg would be unexpected and I'd be getting one. MG 2.0 of the GP0 kits I'd say are a matter of when, not if. Simply because a lot of people have been asking for them since the existence of MG 2.0 kits.
If anything, I'd say it's surprising that we got a 2.0 F91 before we got GP0 kits. Maybe it was not to canibalize the sales of the RG GP01 but those two were released a long time ago so I think the MG cannot be too far away.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the legs and waist of the RG Sazabi 4 and a half hours later. Got stuck a bit on the leg armor and waist. I forgot how awesome it was watching all these little pieces of plastic come together and seeing exactly how each mechanism works.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I did end up getting MG Barbatos when I went out shopping (alongside a bunch of NECA Godzilla figures but that's off topic). And I've got Jan 1-3 off work. Perfect time to start my first kit of the year/decade.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
A 1/100 Hygogg would be unexpected and I'd be getting one. MG 2.0 of the GP0 kits I'd say are a matter of when, not if. Simply because a lot of people have been asking for them since the existence of MG 2.0 kits.
If anything, I'd say it's surprising that we got a 2.0 F91 before we got GP0 kits. Maybe it was not to canibalize the sales of the RG GP01 but those two were released a long time ago so I think the MG cannot be too far away.

I'd be beyond happy if we got MG 2.0 GP02A

MG Hygogg is a hopeless dream. REvhas a slim chance.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
I don't need a MG Hygogg but a 1/100 RE or something would float my boat. Though I don't ever expect that either. Maybe a revive in 20 more years lol.

But man, I must be getting old. A few years ago I would have bought Crossrays in a heartbeat but FFfffff this Gundam license must be nuts to maintain. 9,000 yen for the base game and all Gundam games are like this despite non of them being AAA beast projects. I just can't get myself to pull the trigger on it.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Got a Penelope for Xmas, has been fun. There is actually a regular looking Gundam underneath it all. Hope he gets a HG Xi to go with soon.

Decarbia

Oct 25, 2017
The Odysseus is a great MS design that is overshadowed by its gear.

but I'm a huge fan ofYasuhiro Moriki

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Rip Syd Mead, the insanely brilliant guy who designed the weirdest Gundamus ever. I'm not a fan of Turn A but there hasn't been anything else close to it until now and probably never will be.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
These low quality pics don't do this thing justice. It's freaking huge. Just a tiny bit smaller than my MG.
F21964-B2-8-E19-4-AE3-A593-3835-AF6-B58-C1.jpg

5-D75964-F-36-F8-47-CD-9654-3-D16-A6-C2-F7-ED.jpg

A2354435-1892-4386-BAC3-C7-D339743291.jpg

A5-A4-CFF4-80-AD-44-ED-BE65-A8423-C382-A92.jpg

I'm super happy with this thing. Building it wasn't as fun as the Mk-II but I think the results have surpassed it.

Last edited:

Amishpriest

Oct 26, 2017
What an incredible loss. The Turn A and Sumo are two of my all time favorite mech designs, not to mention all of his other work (with Star Trek: The Motion Picture being a personal favorite).

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
Sawano is back doing the music for Hathaway.

I watched Unicorn and Narrative mainly because of him so I'm looking forward to Hathaway. First movie of a planned trilogy.

Strikerrr

Oct 25, 2017
What is Hathaway's Flash anyway? Is it canon?
It was a series of novels written by Tomino that takes place 13 years after Char's Counterattack, which places it after Unicorn/NT and before F91 in the timeline.
It stars Hathaway Noa, son of Bright Noa, as he leads a terrorist organization against the Earth Federation.
They will probably make some changes to the narrative to make it fit with the current animated canon.

Decarbia

Oct 25, 2017
Which is for the best tbh.
I've read all of Tominos G novels and they are all have weird wtf elements. Tomino needs someone to reign him in and Hathaway is from Tomino when he was in full Kill Em All mode.

RangerBAD

Oct 25, 2017
Thank God it wasn't Flash animation like in the first teaser.

I say it everytime, but there needs to be an AU UC for Unicorn and every other Fukui joint. It already has time travel in NT.

Last edited:

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Yeah. Didn't the guy
get Amuro's girlfriend killed?

Yeah, he was a little piece of crap in that movie, but I think nearly everyone in that movie is a piece of crap, so I dunno. Maybe I have to rewatch it.

I remember when the Penelope was made into a FIX Figuration toy, I was like, he's the protagonist of this series?

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
That many years later and Hathaway refuses to move on. What a dimwit.

Welcome to being a male in Gundam. Seriously, they need to get more people like Mika who are not mentally whipped by imaginary vajayjay of women they never touched or had an actual relationship with... well I guess Mika isn't a good example cause he actually got laid but still did not turn into a psychopath. A psychopath about loving a girl to the point where he commits war crimes because he saw her across the street and started obsessing over her UC protag style anyway haha.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome to being a male in Gundam. Seriously, they need to get more people like Mika who are not mentally whipped by imaginary vajayjay of women they never touched or had an actual relationship with... well I guess Mika isn't a good example cause he actually got laid but still did not turn into a psychopath. A psychopath about loving a girl to the point where he commits war crimes because he saw her across the street and started obsessing over her UC protag style anyway haha.
Mika was also all about that poly life between Orga, Khudelia and Atra.

Oct 25, 2017
Mika was a legit sociopath.

Oct 25, 2017
Which is sad because they seemed to have gotten over it in Zeta.
This is why outside of the animation and music I hate CCA so much. It's good when you watch it the first time and then you go back watch Zeta, then watch CCA and give the whole thing a think it's pretty much just character assassination of two very good characters and just regresses them severely. Char's always going to be a shitty person, but he wasn't as childish as he was at the end of CCA.

Oct 8, 2019
Amuro had gotten over Lalah which is why he believed in the potential of humanity and didn't feel the need to destroy the Earth. Char meanwhile basically used his name to get another Zeon movement started, rallied a bunch of people all, and manipulated a ton of people all so he could have one final fight with Amuro that ended with
being shoved into an asteroid while his views are proven false.

Oct 25, 2017
In terms of his relationships with women, hes probably the best though. 90% of the dudes in Gundam honestly need to be arrested for some of their interactions lol.
I felt Kamille was fine enough though. He's way better at it than Amuro, Char and Hathaway for example. He liked Fa...and Four, both women that showed affection towards him.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017

I need a break. This thing wasn't as much of a pain as I was told it was. Really the only problem is how it holds its gun. Idk wtf they were thinking. The gun pose took me like 15 minutes to set up but every other pose is pretty easy. Nothing really falls off either. I'm satisfied. I just wish it was bigger. It doesn't feel at all like a master grade, not in build or in size. The MK-II was a much more interesting MG build. RG Sazabi has gotta be my favorite though. That thing felt perfect. I think I'm gonna save up for PG Unicorn next or at least look out for a cheaper price.