• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
ReRise Season 1 End was pretty amazing. Par was always my favorite design wise but then Kazami showed up and wow, instant love at first sight and his personality is perfect too. Never cared for his GBN design, which he stuck with his real self like Hiroto did.

Enjoying how this anime developed over time, just wished it reached this high quality and compelling leve six episodes ago then it would have grabbed me like Rise did from episode 1. (riku and yuki were just overall more likeable and intriguing at day 1).

ENdD1IOXYAcwKT1

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Is Build Fighters/Divers actually good? I've always gotten a silly yugioh vibe from it.

Strikerrr

Oct 25, 2017
hg-GTO-rx-78-02-gundam%2B%25284%2529.jpg

HG RX-78-2 (THE ORIGIN ver) has finally been announced. I like its proportions way better than the MG version.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ORIGIN Late Type shafted again. We're never gonna get a kit of it, even though the MG was obviously designed to accommodate the different parts.

RX-78-02-Gundam-Magnet-Coating-Front.png

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
For me, the Build series are at their best when they are about the actual building of gunpla and generally fail when they try to sell you some kind of forced drama. The problem is that the focus on the former has been on a decline since the first series while the latter has been on the rise so with each iteration I enjoy them less and less.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
For me, the Build series are at their best when they are about the actual building of gunpla and generally fail when they try to sell you some kind of forced drama. The problem is that the focus on the former has been on a decline since the first series while the latter has been on the rise so with each iteration I enjoy them less and less.

Which is weird, because you'd think pushing model kits would be what they'd be focusing on.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Which is weird, because you'd think pushing model kits would be what they'd be focusing on.
Definitely weird.
Although it's a slightly different matter, personally, there's no Re:Rise model so far that screams "instant get" even though I've bought several from vanilla Divers. I completed the GM III Beam Master not too long ago and I just bough the Jegan Blast Master.

Oct 30, 2017
Has there been any word on May's Wadom? Bandai showed a card for it, teasing a HG release a while back around the time the show started. But I haven't seen anything about since then. Seems kind of weird to make the full team and their upgrades, except for one of the main character's Suit.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
If you are hoping for Bandai to release a Wodom kit, I wish the best luck to you. I think you are going to need it.
I cannot see neither the original nor the Pod version from Re:Rise selling much even though I'm sure it has its fans. Maybe an SD would be an option?

Oct 30, 2017
I mean, they did tease it at the All Japan Hobby and Model show back in September. So, they were at least considering it. Considering it's one of the main Suits though, it just strikes me as odd to not make it. Why even choose to use it in the first place in a series whose sole purpose is to sell models, if you're not actually going to sell it?

Here's their teaser flyer from the hobby show.

WODOM%2BPOD.jpg

This was in a display with the other kits, as I recall.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe give the MS for which they are not actually going to release a kit to the character that they were going to release a kit of as a Mobile Doll? Who knows?

Or they could have used a kit that would sell as well as the mobile doll. Fumina in Try got her GM which only showed up once, two SD kits, and a bunch of mobile dolls.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Or they could have used a kit that would sell as well as the mobile doll. Fumina in Try got her GM which only showed up once, two SD kits, and a bunch of mobile dolls.
I've built that GM.
DziJLMiXQAEQdGt

I've also built the regular Powered GM it's based on, which in turn is based on the GM Kai (that I've also built).
DvMrsJaW0AU0gyX

I love Fumina's GM but it is obvious it was a quite low effort kit when those two already exist. The only new stuff is a pair of weapons, leg thrusters, extensible arms for the shields, shoulder armor for the beam sabers and maybe arm gattlings but even those look like they were lifted from an Alex.
Creating a Wodom from scratch looks like a much greater effort.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Creating a Wodom from scratch looks like a much greater effort.

My point was more if they wanted to just maximize sales they could have given her a custom version of an already popular suit like Fumina in addition to the doll but they instead gave her something fully unique. I think they do (or at least, used to) have plans to make it.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I have the PG Exia with the lighting system. It's a fantastic kit, not that difficult that you might expect. I heard it's a bit simpler to build than older PGs though.
Im seriously considering coughing up the money for Unicorn. It looks like it can be a lot of fun and it would look amazing on my shelf.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
My point was more if they wanted to just maximize sales they could have given her a custom version of an already popular suit like Fumina in addition to the doll but they instead gave her something fully unique. I think they do (or at least, used to) have plans to make it.
It's hard to tell. Maybe the series creators wanted to gauge interest for a Wodom release (or they just really liked the MS) but said interest hasn't materialised in whatever metrics they obtain.
I mean, they released a fucking Nu-Zeon that hardly appears in the series simply because it's mostly a repurposed Nu Gundam kit and the G-Else that doesn't even appear in the series but a spin-off because it's a repurposed G-Self.
It's entirely possible that the cost of developing a Wodom isn't justified by the lack of general hype for it and they'll just milk May's popularity via dolls. Just hypothesizing. It's fun.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
For fun I like to imagine them making a MG Tryon 3, especially since we have both the Ver. KA ZZ and FAZZ

49353163641_8a9543014c_o.gif

RRW

Oct 26, 2017

Not that weird, Build Fighter and Gunpla Builders already cover most of "how to build gunpla". it's pretty weird if the repeating same thing over and over again. at most they can do "how to create custom gunpla to win gunpla competition" but that's harder to sell as anime I guess.

Anime version of this i mean

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I guess I grew up with Plamo Kyoshiro so I wanted them to continue the model building/customizing stuff.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Tryon-3 just feels like the great idea but too far out there for Bandai to make today. Maybe a decade/15 years ago when they were pumping out a new MG each month.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
They'd get my $100+ for the Gundam Base Exclusive Special Coating Ver. thats for sure haha. I freaking love the Tryon-3 but always held out for a MG so never bought the HG

Coating version of this will probably be at least $150 since coating are like double the cost of normal version and the regular ZZ is already $65.

Tryon-3 just feels like the great idea but too far out there for Bandai to make today. Maybe a decade/15 years ago when they were pumping out a new MG each month.

They really cut down on them. Even when counting RE as a secondary 1/100 scale we still get too little of them.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
They really cut down on them. Even when counting RE as a secondary 1/100 scale we still get too little of them.
I guess something to consider is this was during the period where there weren't many new TV shows or Movies to create lines of gunpla from. There were times where the HGUC and MG lines were the only things active at the time. We have new shows that get HG kits, the RG line, occasional HGUC still, etc. It is just more spread out.

I had a lot of hope at the time that eventually they would have to make <insert obscure kit here> because they would simply run out of other things to do. Unfortunately for me that hasn't worked out, and new versions of popular stuff still get made.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone tell me if these are legit?

PG Unicorn

Daban LED kit

I've never heard of the first site and I've never ordered off eBay. I noticed the Daban is like a knock off of the official Bandai LED kit too.

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
I'm up through episode 8 of Turn A, and let me just say this show is gorgeous.

Makes me really miss cel animation

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
/nitpicking: on
The way those Zakus float inside the colony as if it were the opening of G Gundam makes no sense whatsoever. In an O'Neill cylinder being weightless at the center while the colony rotates around you is somewhat credible. In a Stanford Torus I don't think there's a way to do that while resting almost statically very close to "the ground".
/nitpicking: off

I'm not a good judge of sizes or distances but what would people say the width of the torus is in 2:03? I'm interested in evaluating the radius from that because the torus doesn't seem to rotate at all. At a radius of 10 km the rotation period for 1 g would be about 200 seconds which might be just slow enough to appear immobile for the short time we see it from the outside. If the radius were 1 km (I'd say it doesn't appear to be that short) the rotation period would be just one minute and I'd say we would see the torus spinning even if just a bit.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
So I was thinking that maybe I should get a perfect grade that doesn't cost a total of $300 (Unicorn + LED). Any suggestions? Preferably something big. I know there's a Strike Gundam that's a good price but it's smaller than other PGs.