• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
OpK2fx0.jpg

BnDESKT.gif

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
Just watch (read) The Origin. That's one of the better recent Gundam productions in general and a good introduction even for people who know little or nothing about the property.

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Hello GundamERA. I don't know that I'll post any more over here than I used to, but at least I will check in.
I'm down for Gundam Age. Gotta watch them all. I've already seen Seed Destiny and 00 Season 2/movie. I can take it.

edit: Whoops.

Last edited:

LuxCommander

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
GundamERA! Great to see it here, will post Gunpla pics once I get my airbrush set pulled together and thoughts when I get it back into the queue. Zeta should be next, just need to get the Blus.

Ferret

Oct 25, 2017
So good to be back with the Gundam people.

Hello GundamERA. I don't know that I'll post any more over here than I used to, but at least I will check in.
I'm down for Gundam Age. Gotta watch them all. I've already seen Seed Destiny and 00 Season 2/movie. I can take it.

You have no idea what you're in for.

Chupa Chups

Oct 25, 2017
One day I'll finish my Iron Blooded Orphans kits...

I never did watch Thunderbolt 2, how'd that turn out?

Neophant

Oct 25, 2017
It's a good day to go home and celebrate with a little Gundam Versus! I think Sazabi is calling on me tonight

Oct 25, 2017

Yes, more people need to see gAGE, I mean, there is a clear reason why there is so much ~sentiment~ with it, so that speaks volumes as to how good and memorable it is.

I struggle daily to decide if gAGE is as definitively good as Seed Destiny, like gAGE gen 2 beats Destiny but overall, difficult to say

DevilPuncher

Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
Sup GundamERA,

Just recently got back into building Gunpla by way of watching IBO, which I recently just finished and LOVED.

Recently built these bad boys (camera quality not too great, but trust me they look real good):

QbcHA6m.jpg

And just got this one in the mail:

EtHapFZ.jpg

So, yeah. I'm deep down in the Gunpla hole once again. Probably going to build HG Barbatos afterwards. After that, I have no clue. Feels good to be bulding kits again, though.

Paltheos

Oct 25, 2017
Greetings, gents!
Just finished my registration and decided my first stop would be GundamERA.

Working on my MG Testament still. Just got the waterslides left.
Bought a MG Justice this Monday. For reasons. >_>

Valdfellgar

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
why? i thought it was universally loved

I like aspects of Zeta. The general flow and concepts are great, but I often feel like the execution is lacking, a problem I have across most Tomino Gundam. People make... interesting decisions, often making the characters seem inept or incompetent. That's my biggest beef. That said, it's got some great mecha designs, I love the music and I give it some slack since it is quite old at this point.

Oct 25, 2017
And just got this one in the mail:

So, yeah. I'm deep down in the Gunpla hole once again. Probably going to build HG Barbatos afterwards. After that, I have no clue. Feels good to be bulding kits again, though.

Damn, those look like some quality models...considerably better than the stuff I built many years ago (Mostly from the Gundam 00 series), then ended up throwing away.

I still haven't watched the second season of Iron Blooded Orphans, which is quite shameful considering my love for Gundam / Mecha.

On a random note, can we get a story-based non fighting game'esque Gundam game?

JKTrix

Oct 25, 2017
In English, probably not. Unless 'Asia' does it. And it'd probably be one of the G Generation games, like how we got SRW V in English.

yami4ct

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see so many make it over already. Not sure how I feel about the place, but we'll see how things go

Shun

876PRO
Oct 25, 2017
Paneling this year's Gunpla Builders World Cup is going to be so difficult when you have submissions like this...

Gundam Vidar Date Masamune.
5eb6a2df-ccbf-4700-afa4-fb0b5481dec6
GM0ICwm.jpg

VISION

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished War in the Pocket. That was good shit. Most tight and consistent Gundam I've seen. Very well executed.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Hi, GundamEra! I'm a lapsed anime fan who has a girlfriend getting me back in. I've always liked Gundam and built a few models as a kid.

Well last anime convention we had in town I got the urge to buy some kits. Ended up with Char's MS-05 ZAKU 1 and Ramba Ral's MS-04 BUGU. I also have an RX-78-2 I got on amazon. All HG. I've only built the Char kit and loved it. Haven't painted or put decals on it yet. Holding off cuz Im debating weather to paint it or not. Just dealing and then base coat? What'd be best for a newer builder?

Gonna get some more tools before building the other two. I wanna get to painting them but am unconfident in my skill level. Was thinking of practicing on some of the SD gundam kits I've seen around.

I've also been watching through Iron Blooded Orphans for the first time with my gf on Crunchyroll. That shows destroyed me emotionally already and we're not even 20 episodes in... Very good show! I love it a lot. Looking forward to buying some kits from it down the line, too.