• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

who would you rather get into smash as the microsoft rep?

• banjo & kazooie

Votes: 210 43.3%
  • master chief

Votes: 235 48.5%
  • minecraft steve

Votes: 40 8.2%

• Total voters

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Master Chief is an icon and would be amazing in Smash - ya'll nuts!

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Looking at some of these replies, people are really selling Master Chief sort. The biggest third party inclusions to smash have been Snake, Sonic, and Cloud.
Snake because he opened the doors to third party, Sonic due to history, and cloud being a dream character. While i'm not saying Master Chief is wanted by all, he'd definitely get the masses talking more so than say Banjo and maybe even Steve (Steve is really odd because the communities for Smash wouldn't be big on him, but the general audience might see it as a big deal. Sort of like how a Fortnite Rep would've been at the height of popularity). Will be interesting to see what Sakurai does regardless, since even if he had to pick from a list provided from Nintendo. The likes of Joker and Piranha Plant already paint a picture to abandon expectations.

Deleted member 4037

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Master Chief is an icon and would be amazing in Smash - ya'll nuts!
The problem is I think the move set doesnt translate to something cartoony like Smash. They dont even give Snake his gun, but at least he has the unique cqc moves. I dont think even chief has anything like that going for him

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
cuz he is fucking boring
Agreed, which is why we should get this other Space Marine:

amvJSmx.jpg

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i would love master chief, he's very iconic, and a very important character in video game history
BUT
i can't see both him and doom slayer getting in, and if it was a pick between the two i'd go with doom slayer, if only because he has more history with nintendo.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The problem is I think the move set doesnt translate to something cartoony like Smash. They dont even give Snake his gun, but at least he has the unique cqc moves. I dont think even chief has anything like that going for him
Even if you restrict Master Chief from using human slugthrowers, he still has a massive array of grenades, tools, vehicles, and energy weapons. Not to mention all his different pistol whips.

Also, I think things have changed since we got Snake. A futuristic shotgun or assault rifle feels less crazy now after characters like Duck Hunt and Bayonetta.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
I'm all in favor of MC getting in just for the cool looking stage and amazing Halo remixes. I'd still prefer Banjo but I'd be happy with either one if MS gets a rep.

Deleted member 4037

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even if you restrict Master Chief from using human slugthrowers, he still has a massive array of grenades, vehicles, and energy weapons.
It would have to be all energy weapons, even then the array I dont think fits the up/down variation, the generic punches are where I see it being really boring and the vehicles I dont see being very viable unless its a final smash or something

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
I would be infinitely more shocked if someone outright said they didn't want their character in Smash, one of the highest profile crossover series that has ever existed.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018

Snake has had pretty much every other form of artillery other than a gun...rocket launcher, grenades, c4 explosives, mortars...Bayonetta has her own version of normal guns as well

Guns with Master Chief wouldn't be a reason for him to not be in there.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather get Doomguy as Mr. FPS. Feel like him being characterized as the boogeyman to demons in DOOM 2016 would make for a hilarious yet brutal Smash character.

Deleted member 4037

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Snake has had pretty much every other artillery other than a gun...rocket launcher, grenades, c4 explosives, mortars...Bayonetta has her own version of guns as well

Guns with Master Chief wouldn't be a reason for him to not be in there.
I mean bayo's guns are pretty cartoony, snake was restricted to explosives only, but at least he has all his cqc combat to draw from

Master Chief would have to take out all the guns like the assault rifle and standard pistol, but he has no unique cqc to back him up really

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It would have to be all energy weapons, even then the array I dont think fits the up/down variation, the generic punches are where I see it being really boring and the vehicles I dont see being very viable unless its a final smash or something
He's got some unique weapon bash animations. The CE pistol whip for example is pretty beloved within the Halo fandom.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like how we have to fight over which green space man gets in when there's an obscene amount of "anime sword guy"

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Master Chief never got on a Nintendo console or handheld. Space Marine Guy from Doom has a better chance.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kids these days couldn't give a rats ass about Banjo and Kazzooie.

The only people who wants them in are a bunch of old gamers who spend their free time yelling at clouds.

Master Chief would generate far more excitement amongst the casual and core crowd.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
I think weapons like Energy Swords, Plasma Grenades, Spartan Lasers & tons of others could work pretty well. Melee from behind for extra damage!

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
I want MC in Smash so much.

There is so much potential with the character, items, stages. And the music!

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Tell me, what console where Snake and Cloud the face of in their peak?
Cloud's series has a ton of history with Nintendo even if he doesn't, and Snake was a personal favor for Kojima. Not to mention that a handful of Metal Gear games have made their way to Nintendo consoles over the years, the original Metal Gear was on the NES even.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I mean... eh? Its not really a unique thing. Im not even saying they couldnt cobble something together, I just think it would be very "generic fps man"
I think the Energy Sword, Gravity Hammer, and a range of different close range gun attacks (both melee and shooting) should be fine for a unique move set.

Though I honestly think a vehicle gimmick of some kind is a must with how important they are to Halo as a series. Just hopping into a Ghost would fit fine in Smash; we already have Wario's motorbike.

Last edited: