• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

who would you rather get into smash as the microsoft rep?

• banjo & kazooie

Votes: 210 43.3%
  • master chief

Votes: 235 48.5%
  • minecraft steve

Votes: 40 8.2%

• Total voters

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Master Chief is the more interesting character, from a popular IP, and a long history with a strong competitor. Brought back FPS games to consoles for the most part. I would much rather MC than Banjo.

Jun 8, 2018
None of his games has released on a Nintendo system. That's all that matters.
Cloud got in
Master Chief is 100% Microsoft's rep.

Putting someone else like Minecraft Steve would be like Nintendo choosing a Pokemon to represent itself instead of Mario.
Having Steve instead of Master Chief as Microsoft's mascot would be like choosing a Didgimon as the face of Pokemon instead of Pikachu.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
From the 3 choices, I think Master Chief would have the least interesting moveset. Steve could have moves based on building things and Banjo... I dunno but could be interesting based on his moves in the original games (despise some similarities they wouldn't be just a Duck Hunt clone).

I would love some Halo remixes in Smash though...

kakistocrats

Oct 29, 2017
I would be very surprised to see any characters from any games by third-party developers outside of Japan as newcomers in Smash. Even the most idiosyncratic characters to be included so far fit those criteria. So far, Smash has functioned specifically as a love letter to the history of the Japanese games industry, not the entire global games industry as a whole.

The Fighter's Pass DLC characters are likely all going to be Japanese characters. Though Rare has worked on existing Nintendo IP before, Banjo/Kazooie is not Nintendo IP like King K. Rool is. Master Chief and Steve are also unlikely, regardless of how popular their respective games are or aren't in Japan. Ditto Doomguy. It's not going to happen.

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is the real dream right here. I'm already at a point where I think Banjo has a good chance but Master Chief would truly be the hypest thing on the planet.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
This thread is going to be gold to look back on when Chief gets announced, lmao.

Nov 4, 2018
Seeing console rivals' characters on each other's systems and games is a childhood dream.

That fact that we're even seriously toying with the idea of Master Chief appearing in a high caliber Nintendo exclusive shows what kind of era we live in now, and I love it.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Why does the poll have no Battletoads choice? Before Chief, before Banjo we had the Toads. They're a part of NES legacy, and those jacked amphibians are getting a brand new game this year. In my most honest opinion they deserve a spot in Smash as much as Banjo.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Halo/master chief is the face of Xbox, the same Mario is for Nintendo

If one should be in, it should be him

piratethingy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There's a twelve year old buried somewhere deep inside me and if this happens he's going to take over

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
Why does the poll have no Battletoads choice? Before Chief, before Banjo we had the Toads. They're a part of NES legacy, and those jacked amphibians are getting a brand new game this year. In my most honest opinion they deserve a spot in Smash as much as Banjo.
They were already in killer instinct but they'd fit right in in smash.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Best Microsoft Rep:

k-BP2-BZFP-400x400.png

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
Holy sh.. the greens dude name is Masta Chef and not Halo? My life was a lie, anyway, I voted Steve because duh... the biggest gaming icon ever (maybe only second to Alfonso Dance, the main protag in Fortnite)

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah

Personally I would take Master Chief anytime over Banjo and Kazooie. I love the characters but there's something about Master Chief being in Smash that brings me uncontrollable hype lol.

Like if B&K were confirmed for Smash as DLC, I'd be happy. Pretty okayish and more than willing to celebrate. But Master Chief? I'd be cheering in the streets.

And yes I did play the Banjo Kazooie games on the N64 years ago lol.