• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

who would you rather get into smash as the microsoft rep?

• banjo & kazooie

Votes: 210 43.3%
  • master chief

Votes: 235 48.5%
  • minecraft steve

Votes: 40 8.2%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I feel like this is more of a confirmation that it won't happen. Don't see anyone being okay with teasing it if it were in the pipeline.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
It seems like major rival hardware makers exclusives are the new hot thing for Smash DLC so it's possible.

Next is Kratos.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
Developers want their character in a game franchise that has a lot of awereness potential.
And water is wet.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm torn on who I would want as a potential Microsoft rep. Banjo has the most history with Nintendo, Master Chief would be the best rep for the Xbox brand as a whole, and Steve is the most recognizable character to the most players. Any of them would work.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I dont see MC in Smash as likely. Every developer pretty wants to have one of their characters in a Smash game.

It will end up being Banjo, or Steve imo. I do see a small possibility of a port of something Halo related on Switch though.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Has a developer ever said they'd hate to see their character in Smash?

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I wouldn't read much into it personally. Obviously anything is possible but I very much doubt it means anything.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Smash is a huge deal for notoriety. There are people who only know Cloud from Smash

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
everyone wants their character in smash but this is definitely an interesting tweet.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Feels weird but Snake is there so why not

If he did make it in I'd prefer if he was a heavier slower moving character
All power slower mobility
For some moves an energy sword pops out like Ganondorf
All impact effects against him are yellow instead of the usual blues/reds and when he gets launched he has his shield pop animation

For the final smash a warthog drives by and he hops on the back gun as it quickly drives off screen, followed by a quick scene where any character that got hit by the passing warthog falls into this scene and gets fired on by warthog and banshee alike
h3k1Bxf.jpg

Last edited:

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
ewwww

no thanks!

Banjo and Kazooie would just be a Duck Hunt clone. Lets have an interesting character that is actually loved with a unique moveset.
Having a character that is sort of similar to DUCK HUNTS play-style: No way!

Having 15 Blue Haired Characters with Swords: Okay!!

It's all I want.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
Banjo and Kazooie would just be a Duck Hunt clone. Lets have an interesting character that is actually loved with a unique moveset.
Have you even played Banjo-Kazooie? Their movesets would be very different based on the number of weird abilities in that game. Maybe the only move I can see being similar is the recovery. Duck Hunt is about NES-Zapper based projectiles.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ewwww

no thanks!

Yeah you're clueless. You don't know what you're talking about if you think Banjo Kazooie would be a Duck Hunt clone. Go play the Banjo Kazooie games before you talk this silliness

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
They wouldn't have said this if he was actually in the Fighter Pass. Good.

I don't care what anyone says. Xbox's mascot has no place being in Nintendo's crossover.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone wants into Smash. Self-aware brand accounts only makes that obvious.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
I'd argue that this is a very carefully communicated hint of this still being possible. A tweet like that doesn't go out without major sign-off from 343's handlers, and it's not responding to some rando account but rather the official "Twitter Gaming" one. Super interesting.

Deleted member 4067

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If MCC is actually coming to Switch then they should do it

Better than promoting PS4 exclusives, and Master Chief is actually an iconic character unlike Joker (who?)

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They wouldn't have said this if he was actually in the Fighter Pass. Good.

I don't care what anyone says. Xbox's mascot has no place being in Nintendo's crossover.
Smash isnt an exclusive Nintendo cross over tho. People are so weird with wanting these arbitrary roster restriction rules.