• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More CEOs should start doing this, the CEO of Texas Roadhouse will be voluntarily giving up his base salary and his bonus to pay his employees during the pandemic:

thehill.com

Texas Roadhouse CEO giving up salary, bonus to pay workers during coronavirus outbreak

W. Kent Taylor, the co-founder and CEO of Texas Roadhouse Inc., will be giving up his bonus and base salary this year to pay his chain’s workers during the coronavirus pandemic.A spokesperson for t…

03/26/20

W. Kent Taylor, the co-founder and CEO of Texas Roadhouse Inc., will be giving up his bonus and base salary this year to pay his chain's workers during the coronavirus pandemic.

A spokesperson for the company confirmed reports to The Hill on Thursday that Taylor will be redirecting his bonus and the base salary he would have received from March 18 to Jan. 7, 2021 to the pockets of his chain's frontline workers instead.

"Kent Taylor has always said that Texas Roadhouse is a People-company that just happens to serve great steaks. His donation of his salary and bonus to help employees is the embodiment of that saying," the spokesperson said. "We are blessed to have his leadership."

He added that the donation from Taylor's base salary will amount to just under $525,000 and his bonus is $525,000 as well. "On a prorated basis, the forgone salary and bonus would be just under a $1 million donation to employees," he said.

The move comes as the pandemic has sparked worry for restaurants and businesses deemed nonessential by government leaders as states and municipalities across the country have ordered food establishments to reduce their services to delivery options in efforts to limit the spread of COVID-19.

The spokesperson also told The Hill that Taylor recently donated $5 million to Andy's Outreach, which he described as charitable fund that help support the company's employees during "times of need." The fund was named after Andy Armadillo, which is the chain's mascot.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually kind of shocked. Good stuff.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
He's gonna get the birthday treatment next time he goes in lol

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
very good. the stuff that makes me want to support your business. more need to follow their lead.

Emobacca

Nov 2, 2017
We need so much more of this

I also live near one and will be making sure to get take out from them soon

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I like hearing more stories about this (just unfortunate that it took some like a pandemic to do so). Before, the only story I could think of where this happened was when Nintendo wasn't doing the best and Iwata too a pay cut.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Imagine every CEO doing that...
giphy.gif

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
One time I was trying to get seated at the start of the waitress line dance.

I was like "They really do this whole song, huh?"

But it's above average for a chain steakhouse.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Texas Roadhouse is pretty great actually. Always had a good experience there.

bawjaws

Oct 28, 2017
I said in the Hotel Lobby thread that we need to make a note of all of the companies who have shown during this crisis that they don't give a fuck about their staff, and remember it well. By the same token, we need to note which companies are doing right by their staff too. I know which ones I will and will not give my business too in the future.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Not something you'd expect from a steak-slinging Texan, that's for sure. Good on him, and good for his employees

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't really eat at chain restaurants a lot but Texas Roadhouse is one of them. Their shit is good and consistent and the workers seem happy.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been in a Texas Roadhouse in over a decade. Maybe I should reconsider.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
This is an amazing story and I am in no way trying to downplay what he is doing for his workers, but am I the only one that finds it a bit crazy that between this dude's salary and bonus he can afford to pay his workforce like this?

Regardless I know where I am going to go eat when all of this is finally over.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
Nice! Too far for Takeout, but I'll make a road trip when they reopen to show support

adamsappel

Oct 27, 2017
I said in the Hotel Lobby thread that we need to make a note of all of the companies who have shown during this crisis that they don't give a fuck about their staff, and remember it well. By the same token, we need to note which companies are doing right by their staff too. I know which ones I will and will not give my business too in the future.
I saw a good tweet that said, "The next job interview I'm on, when they ask me if I have any questions for them, will be how did they respond to the Coronavirus and what did they do to help their employees."

Culex

Oct 29, 2017
This is an amazing story and I am in no way trying to downplay what he is doing for his workers, but am I the only one that finds it a bit crazy that between this dude's salary and bonus he can afford to pay his workforce like this?

Regardless I know where I am going to go eat when all of this is finally over.

his donation will HELP pay their salary. In no way shape or form does it pay for everyone. They are located all over the USA

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Once this crisis is over, I'll have to try one of these places. It's rare to see a CEO actually do anything like this.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Why give up your own money when you can just ask the public to donate money and pay your employees for you?

bigosc

Oct 27, 2017
Once this is over I'm eating at Texas Roadhouse, been there once when my department made $1 million in a month and our sales manager took us out.