• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit, he's Woody!

Kent_Taylor_210x225.jpg

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
There should be a hall of fame for people and/or corporations doing great shit like this during this crisis. These good deeds don't pop up enough

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
It's too bad this nonsense is going on. I always bump up my steak intake during lent. If they, and I, survive this thing, I'll visit 'em a few times.

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile my fiance's company is cutting her pay 2.5% during this pandemic, and certain people are losing up to 45% of their salary. Absolutely ridiculous these companies are penalizing their day to day workers. Executive Management should have to eat the brunt of it and try to shelter your day to day staff as much as possible.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i like that their desserts are boring on purpose

www.investors.com

Texas Roadhouse CEO Kent Taylor Defies Convention — And Wins

Texas Roadhouse CEO Kent Taylor shows you how to focus on what you're good at, find a role model and be different, even if you fail at first.

Free peanuts. Free fresh-baked bread. "Early Dine" entrees for under $10. A full slab of fall-off-the-bone ribs for less than $20. Kids meals as low as $3.99. All sides made from scratch. All steaks hand cut. Beer served in cold mugs. Free refills on soft drinks. But three pretty "mediocre" desserts — and that's intentional, said Taylor. "We don't want our guests to stay for dessert. We like the table turns."

I have neever seen that the times I been there
DSCN0204.JPG

Mulberry

Oct 28, 2017
I saw this and the wife and I decided to order take out from them tonight. It was great. They had converted the parking lot in to separate sections with numbered signs, very efficient. No plastic utensils though, every place I've ordered out from seems to be out.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
Great stuff, there should be a list of companies and CEOs who have done the right thing during this crisis.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Not to get all gung ho capitalist here, but if he wants to keep control of the company he built and runs he couldn't donate hundreds of millions, or he would no longer run it. That money isn't in a checking account.
he'll probably end up giving more money as well, the article in the OP says he contributed 5 million to a fund for his employees recently

Last edited:

RavFiveFour

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Workers deserve pay after this virus because at the end of the day millionaires cutting a little big of their salary isn't a MASSIVE hit to their overall salary outlook.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Ok so I see no mention, but my wife read me this story and said his salary was around $500K. Great. His bonuses and incentives per year are $800K.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Do movies still cost 2.50?

I'll ask my sister to check when she goes to pick up my mom's prescriptions next time.

True Piggly Wiggly storytime. When I was in 8th grade, I made the honor roll. Our school treated everyone that made the honor roll a brought in breakfast and a little gift pack that had a coupon that counted as a full book of Greenbax Stamps. The preppy kids were like, "Ewww, I'm too good for GreenbaxStamps." and just left them sitting around. I picked them all up and ended up with enough "books" to get Link to the Past for free from Piggly Wiggly.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I'll ask my sister to check when she goes to pick up my mom's prescriptions next time.

True Piggly Wiggly storytime. When I was in 8th grade, I made the honor roll. Our school treated everyone that made the honor roll a brought in breakfast and a little gift pack that had a coupon that counted as a full book of Greenbax Stamps. The preppy kids were like, "Ewww, I'm too good for GreenbaxStamps." and just left them sitting around. I picked them all up and ended up with enough "books" to get Link to the Past for free from Piggly Wiggly.
My grandmother brought my first comicbook for me at a piggly wiggly

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Good on him.

It's one of my favorite restaurants. It's one of the very few places you can get a cup of chili as a side.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
Only eaten there once in Omaha.. not many around the Twin Cities that I know of but I do remember some amazing cheese and bacon fries.. also the burger was great. Good stuff... next time I see another one I will pop in.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Man, if I could go into one without having to worry about having to step on peanuts with a crunch every walk and step I'd go, that'd be great, haha.

That said, good on him for doing this.
that's just part of the atmosphere

the fact that you can shuck and eat nuts while waiting without worry of mess or duress?

that's freedom

that's TEXAS freedom

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
This is the spot you take a date if you don't want to break the bank. The wait is so long that you even have time to get to know one another too.

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to this gesture, I am currently sitting in the parking lot of my local Texas roadhouse waiting for my carry out order. The parking lot is nearly as full as it normally is.