• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm I guess there's the chance they might fix the color grading in FOTR.

Oct 25, 2017
If you can get through all 3 LOTR extended editions, then i tip my hat. There's a reason those got edited and ROTK was a slog to say the least.

Shalashaska

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably buy these again even though I have them already on DVD and Blu-Ray. I'm a sucker.

I wonder if we will ever get the 48 fps version of the Hobbit on disk. I'd love to see that version of it again.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
I would be all over this if they're truly doing the Extended Editions and if it's actually an improvement over the Blu's.

Consequence

Oct 27, 2017
I thought I read that LOTR was shot in 2k? Am I wrong or just underinformed about how these releases get made?

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
I've always wondered if Peter Jackson was/is still tempted to replace the CG Gollum in Fellowship with the one from the latter films.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
They better not have that disgusting green tint on the extended editions. I still refuse to buy the extended blu rays because of it. If it's cleaned up then it's an instant buy.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Bummer that its lumped in with the hobbit stuff but if its the only way to buy this in 4k then i must

dots

Oct 27, 2017
Some parts of LOTR already looked bad on blu-ray (especially the beacon fires calling Rohan in), this may not be a great idea.

Oct 25, 2017
In for the first trilogy extended editions.

I'm good with my 3d copies of the hobbit. Just wish there was a home release of the 48 FPS versions

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Better be separate releases. Don't want those damn Hobbit movies mucking up my beautiful LotR EE 4k's.

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
Hopefully it includes the EE. And to be exact the only color grading that was changed was The Fellowship of the Ring. Although I don't know if it was ever said if Peter jackson approved that.

OP
OP
Vashetti

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully it includes the EE. And to be exact the only color grading that was changed was The Fellowship of the Ring. Although I don't know if it was ever said if Peter jackson approved that.
He did approve it, the comment at the time was that he wanted it closer to the Hobbit movies so the 'transition' seemed more natural when watching them chronologically. What's strange is that the FOTR footage in ROTK EE is the original colour grading.

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
He did approve it, the comment at the time was that he wanted it closer to the Hobbit movies so the 'transition' seemed more natural when watching them chronologically. What's strange is that the FOTR footage in ROTK EE is the original colour grading.
Yep the flashbacks in Return of the King and The Two Towers dont have the color grading changes. Which i find of weird cuz if you're doing it for one why not do it for all of them.

Oct 27, 2017
Excellent opportunity to fix (update) the small Bilbo-finds-ring scene in LOTR and replace it with the new scene and actor from The Hobbit.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Hell yes if true, give me the Theatrical and Extended 4k versions, day one for sure.

It would be great if they could fit the extended cuts onto 1 disc this time (100GB discs) so no more changing discs halfway through.