• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
I just gave up to redeem Black Ops 4 after having to go through 30 minutes of actual fucking work to go as far as I went...
  1. You have to create an ASUS account
  2. You have to then verify that Asus account.
  3. You have to then put in a redeem code
  4. You have to then put in your actual physical address and everything
  5. You have to then put in your invoice number(s)
  6. You have to then upload a PICTURE of the "box" of the featured product (I ordered pre-build so wtf)
  7. You have to then scan the invoice
  8. You have to then upload the invoice
  9. You have to then select the exact hardware and exact type
  10. You have to then put in the frigging hardware serieal number....
...and that's where I gave up. God knows what else you would have to do afterwards. A blood sample? Sacrificial goat? Who knows.
I would have to pull out my disconnect my PC, which is a huge hassle in my case and then open it up and search for the motherboard serial number... just to redeem a FUCKING GAME CODE.

It could be so fucking simple. Just give me the fucking Origin code instead of that Asus redemption code.

Wtf is this shit?

OP
OP
Zukuu

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Haven't gotten it yet but the AMD Rewards process was a lot simpler.
I can't think of a single way, apart from flying to their HQ with the hardware in question and every paper trail to verify in person that you can indeed redeem their fucking promo code, that can be possibly harder. It's seriously one of the most user-unfriendly processes I have ever seen and I don't even understand why. Why do they care if I would sell the code or not?!

Oct 27, 2017
Not Asus, but I bought a video card off Newegg last July, it came a copy of The Crew 2 from an Nvidia promotion.
They emailed me the serial key, but the email made no indication that the redemption time was limited. I'm not really a racing game fan and The Crew 2's reception was mixed so I forgot to redeem it at the time.

A few months later I remembered, so I downloaded the stupid GeForce Experience app like it told me too, and entered the code only for it to tell me the offer has expired, The FAQ page is directs me to for questions no longer exists.

Silly me for not realizing a games serial key had an expiration date :/

OP
OP
Zukuu

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Not Asus, but I bought a video card off Newegg last July, it came a copy of The Crew 2 from an Nvidia promotion.
They emailed me the serial key, but the email made no indication that the redemption time was limited. I'm not really a racing game fan and The Crew 2's reception was mixed so I forgot to redeem it at the time.

A few months later I remembered, so I downloaded the stupid GeForce Experience app like it told me too, and entered the code only for it to tell me the offer has expired, The FAQ page is directs me to for questions no longer exists.

Silly me for not realizing a games serial key had an expiration date :/
This has too.
What pisses me off the most, is that their other promo was a 35€ cashback that expired YESTERDAY, 5 days or so after I got the fucking invoice I'd have needed in my mail to begin with. Ridiculous.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
If they're like AMD, they only pay out for keys that are redeemed. So I'd imagine this is them trying to put up as many roadblocks as possible in the hopes that you don't actually redeem it.

source: a friend works at AMD and explained they gave out thousands of free division 2 codes, but only had to pay ubisoft for each one that was actually redeemed. And they had a super short expiration window.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, my friend had to be on the phone with Amazon Mexico, Amazon USA, Asus, nVidia, and in the end they told him that they couldn't give him a game key so he was SOL.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
Yeah, it's not fun. It's like they saw how obnoxious rebates were and decided it would be funny if they did the same.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
If they're like AMD, they only pay out for keys that are redeemed. So I'd imagine this is them trying to put up as many roadblocks as possible in the hopes that you don't actually redeem it.

source: a friend works at AMD and explained they gave out thousands of free division 2 codes, but only had to pay ubisoft for each one that was actually redeemed. And they had a super short expiration window.
That can't be right, I've recieved no notification that they were claimable yet.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
I don't know for sure. He said he had extras at his desk and was gonna give me one, but then a couple days later he said "shit! They expired at the end of January."
Maybe he was referring to the coupon code? Those did expire around that time IIRC: they let you pick out which 2/3 games you want from the selection.

I check the rewards page pretty frequently, the game codes themselves definitely haven't gone out yet

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
I redeemed a code for Anthem and BFV from Gigabyte and it wasn't that bad. Took a picture of the side of the box and the receipt and got my codes in like 2 business days. But I do wish they would just put it in the box or on a card that activates at the time of purchase.