• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Site barely worked for me. It would freeze after it would finish loading for more than a few seconds. Had to manually go to the cart URL and click on the checkout button ASAP.

Glad I got an order in. Not a fan of this process at all.

zenosparadox

Nov 13, 2017
The exact opposite worked for me. Mobile froze instantly when it went on sale. Had to use my desktop which worked fine. Weird

weblaus

Oct 27, 2017
So from the looks of it, Vita CE was gone after 5 minutes and standard around 8 - that genuinely took longer than I expected.

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
Dammit wasn't able to get anything... Site crapped out on me, even to the point where it fucking reverted to the old one.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Site failed for me and by the time I could get to the payment page, it was sold out. God fucking dammit.

Shiranui93

One Winged Slayer
Mar 7, 2018
Managed to get a PS4 Collector's Edition. I consider myself crazy lucky seeing how fast it sold out.

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
Got my ps4 collectors edition, I am happy.
For everyone else, as of writing the regular ps4 version is still in stock, and there's apparently a smaller second wave later! So good luck to you all.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Should be immediately, but if you already see it under your account's order history then you should be fine.
Thanks, maybe it's because I went through PayPal's express checkout? I did get a confirmation email there but nothing directly from LRG themselves.

I hope since it shows up under my account as "paid", everything went through okay. /nervous sweat

Edit:

I JUST GOT THE LRG EMAIL! All is well.

Sorry to those that missed out, this was stressful. :/

Raza

Nov 7, 2017
Ohio
They also just added 7 PS4 Collector's editions back to the sale, if you were looking for a CE.

edit, never mind sold out.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
There's another batch later today, they haven't missed out just yet.
Yeah, but it sucks to be on their site as the sale goes live and still missing out on the first batch. Hopefully the site isn't an absolute busted mess come 6pm, but I guess I need to have the site ready to go in several different browsers and on my phone to have a shot.

weblaus

Oct 27, 2017
Everything was broken. They are discussing it on Twitter, so at least they are acknowledging it.

I guess I can consider myself to be extremely lucky as I didn't have a problem and to me the site seemed to work normally after as well - phew.

PS4 regular still has almost half its stock left - I much prefer VNs on portable devices as well, but that still surprises me.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but it sucks to be on their site as the sale goes live and still missing out on the first batch. Hopefully the site isn't an absolute busted mess come 6pm, but I guess I need to have the site ready to go in several different browsers and on my phone to have a shot.

And it sucks to plan your day around it both AM and PM.

I guess I can consider myself to be extremely lucky as I didn't have a problem and to me the site seemed to work normally after as well - phew.

PS4 regular still has almost half its stock left - I much prefer VNs on portable devices as well, but that still surprises me.

I mean they even took the new site down and put the old one back up midstream. The old one is MUCH easier to use so that was actually a good thing.. but it resulted in some items going bye-bye from carts.

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
61497218_458610498030987_2769886467172859904_n.jpg

Jeez scalpers ain't playing, fuck these guys

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
I noticed halfway through the sale today that they switched the product pages back to the old style where it shows % remaining. I hope they keep it this way but I'm sure it's probably temporary because they're site broke.

Edit: beaten above.

Out_Of_Ammo

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I also had trouble with the site at first, seems I got very lucky to get my order to go through eventually, since a minute later it was already sold out. And yeah, fuck those scalpers.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
To those who played. How does dream of the revenants compare to the others? I was blown away by the original and Requiem.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
To those who played. How does dream of the revenants compare to the others? I was blown away by the original and Requiem.

Are you talking about the new content, Reincarnation? The game doesn't allow you to play that before finishing the original and Requiem and I don't really want to skip them, so I'm still waiting to unlock Reincarnation.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Are you talking about the new content, Reincarnation? The game doesn't allow you to play that before finishing the original and Requiem and I don't really want to skip them, so I'm still waiting to unlock Reincarnation.
Yep, that's what i meant, the new story. Hopefully If It someday comes to Steam, it will detect the other games saves.

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, that's what i meant, the new story. Hopefully If It someday comes to Steam, it will detect the other games saves.
Regardless of the chances of it coming to other platforms, the current version of the game comes with a special quiz you can take if you're familiar with the original game. Answer a few questions about the plot, and you unlock the new content.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
I actually completely forgot about this going live (I'm at work) this morning. I managed to still nab the Mysteria CE but the House CE sold out while my cart. I need to set a timer for myself at 6pm EDT lol.

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if the Vita CE is in hand already, or is it just the carts? I'm curious to know if it will ship soon or if we'll be waiting for the CE stuff to get made.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Do we know if the Vita CE is in hand already, or is it just the carts? I'm curious to know if it will ship soon or if we'll be waiting for the CE stuff to get made.
It's in manufacturing, as per the store page, and will ship in July.

I kind of wish they could sell a version of the CE without either copies of the game for open preorders so that people could at least get those goodies even if they couldn't get the Vita copy due to carts ending manufacturing.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know for sure if the digital version is Cross-Buy? I see the PS Blog mentions the Vita version is Cross-buy but the store description doesn't say anything about it.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I know nothing about this, but have enjoyed certain VNs in the past. Picked up the GOG version (which is 50% off right now) to see if it's something I'll want to invest in more later w/ a physical version. Thanks for the thread; I've seen this name floating around but had no idea what it was until today.

Oct 28, 2017
I know nothing about this, but have enjoyed certain VNs in the past. Picked up the GOG version (which is 50% off right now) to see if it's something I'll want to invest in more later w/ a physical version. Thanks for the thread; I've seen this name floating around but had no idea what it was until today.
Just an FYI regarding the physical version of this, that the second (and last) batch of Vita/PS4 versions go up for sale in a little over an hour's time on LimitedRun's website.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Devil Halton's Trap
There's only a couple English import impressions I know of that covers Reincarnation, so it'll be interesting to see other players' reactions.

Beyond the inevitable lack of physical availability, I implore you to read Fata Morgana as soon as you're ready, and before you get spoiled on something. It's a great go-in-blind read.