• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I pretty much saw that twist coming once they put so much emphasis on some rando merchant (at the time) getting a whole unique sprite for that brief flash. Once they started so much of Yukimasa in the flashbacks, I knew for sure. I totally thought the second beast was going to be Javi though, as he made a beast noise while he was talking to Pauline on the beach. Really enjoyed it, and apparently things only get better from here.
Yeah, I had pretty much the same experience, but the delivery still made it very worthwhile. The game is pretty good at building things up.

Just started Door 3, and I already want to punch someone.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Beyond the inevitable lack of physical availability, I implore you to read Fata Morgana as soon as you're ready, and before you get spoiled on something. It's a great go-in-blind read.
Thanks -- I went through the first 15 minutes or so, and while nothing has happened yet besides some character intros, I really like the art, music, and presentation. The reading window is really pleasant in the way it reveals text.

Stefarno

I ... survived Sedona
Oct 27, 2017
After the mess of this afternoon managed to get my standard copy of this and LDM. Phew.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
God damn it, I was this close to finalizing the purchase...

I guess I will have to settle for the US release and use hacks to get it on my Vita. I will wait a bit before doing so however to see if the European release does happen.

TheMathyFolf

Oct 27, 2017
I was able to pick up the LDM Bundle, put in a request to hopefully cancel my LDM non-bundle from this morning. I was able to get Fata this morning (PS4 LE, Vita Regular).

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
How do you veteran players feel about the new art? Ive only seen the chp one mell and nellie change and i think i prefer the original lol

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How do you veteran players feel about the new art? Ive only seen the chp one mell and nellie change and i think i prefer the original lol
I prefer the old ones, to be perfectly honest, but I'm also the person who'd say the same thing for Umineko and Higurashi.

If I weren't directly comparing them to the old art which I find 10/10 and probably my favorite VN art style, I'd be going wild over just how gorgeous they are.

I think it'll work out perfectly fine, and we'll get a new set of 16:9 CGs that will be just as gorgeous as the old ones.

Oct 25, 2017
Devil Halton's Trap
The new backgrounds are on-and-off in terms of what I prefer. For example, the mansion exteriors are a downgrade, much too representational for something inherently phantasmagorical, but the interiors have a great new "dead world" aesthetic that contrasts well with the originals. Both of the new character CGs look great, aside from Mell's giraffe neck.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
We're only a heartbeat away from June, but July still feels so far away 😩

Excited to see impressions from everyone starting the digital version, though.

Vazra

Oct 26, 2017
I snatched the CE yesterday and I dont even have a PS4. All the support to them since I loved it and made the thread for the original game in the other forum. Also doesnt hurt to have physical OST and bonus stuff

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
Why isn't this on the PSN store for uk PS4? Everyone is talking about it as if it's out but noone seems to mention the fact it actually isn't out?

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Why isn't this on the PSN store for uk PS4? Everyone is talking about it as if it's out but noone seems to mention the fact it actually isn't out?

LRG is has physical copies available for a short time. That's what most people are talking about. It isn't out on PSN for the PS4 till June 11th. It should be out on Vita though.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
I wanted to get his ohysical but not on Vita or PS4. Heard alot of great reviews for the visual novel. I'll eithet buy it on PSN or hope a Switch physical comes out waaaaaaayyy down the road. People should give this a shot though.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Well, if there's no release on the EU PSN I'm out, hopefully they can arrange something.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Shame there's no PC copies. I strongly dislike reading VNs on Vita or PS4.

preta

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, I'm a little confused. Do you mean the physical edition? I already own a digital copy.
Mangagamer sells a physical PC version, but it's not the Dreams of the Revenants edition with new art and the additional stories included. (Though the new art is of debatable quality anyway so maybe that's not all bad.)

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Started Door 4, shit's getting real.

Homebrew had a workaround I think
It does, and I used it when I bought this game. I use AccountManager and it lets you switch accounts without deleting anything on your memory card. It will still fuck up your home screen and bubbles, so I only use it when I really have to, but you can use it to:
- download your purchased content (game / dlc)
- run the content once to get rid of the DRM, so that it's not bound only to your purchasing account
- switch back to the account you usually play on

I can't 100% swear Sony won't ever ban devices or accounts that do that, but they haven't over the past few years, and they don't seem to care at all.