• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrKeo

Banned
Mar 3, 2019
Israel
It helps palestinians. It helps spread awarenes about the injustices Israel does. It helps make those settlements go under because they can't sell their products.
Does it though? Can you show me the results? Israel's economy is one of the strongest in the world and it's just getting stronger. Can you give an example of a settlement "go under"?
Also 600 Palestinians losing jobs? what the fuck does that even mean? Israel is stealing already lived on land from the West Bank to build their fucking settlements on and you come and tell me this bullshit. Fuck that. Israel is combating against BDS because it is hurting them.
So fuck those 600 Palastinians who had one of the best jobs in the whole Arab world and lost it because of the BDS, right? Who cares about them, fuck Israel, that's what important in the BDS fight, right?
I will use whatever words I see fit. You don't get to decide for me what genocide is or what it isn't. What Israel is doing is genocide and ethnic cleansing. They are stealing the land to make no room for Palestinians in the country. That is their goal and if you are this naive to think having more children means there is no genocide then there is no hope for you.
Genocide actually has a definition and it's the systematic eradication of an ethnic group. If the Palestinians aren't being systematic eradicated, they aren't being genocide. When you use words like genocide you offend millions of refugees that actually been through genocide, when you use a word like apartheid you offend millions of black South Africans who had to live through real apartheid. You can keep using these words, it's your right, free speech and all, but it doesn't make it true.
Yes right when this happened:

The idea of peace stopped existing once Yitzhak Rabin was assassinated by the right wing groups of Israel. Same groups that Benjamin "Arabs are voting in droves" Netanyahu is apart of.
Have you heard of the 2000 camp David peace talks? Or about the 2008 Annapolis conference peace talks? What about Israel leaving Gaza in 2005, have you heard about this one? Do you even know anything about the history of the region?

Israel benefits from this conflict because it lets them get away with the injustice and evil shit they do. They can steal land for "security reasons" without anybody batting an eye.

Go read a book and learn about the conflict, have some prespective and then come back and tell us how wrong we are.
LOL, so Israel's benefit is "they can keep being evil"? I know about the conflict more than most people here, the fact that you are trying to portray a country in one of the most complicated geopolitical situations in the history of the world like a comic book supervillain probably mean you need to read a book or two.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
It's not their fault, it's just a fact that the left-wing parties can't form a coalition with them because of obvious reasons. These parties will never be part of the coalition so in order for the Israeli left to be in power again they need to form a coalition with some light right-wing parties and the ultra-religious parties which is usually a problem because some of the left parties are trying to make the country more secular so forming a coalition with the ultra-religious parties is almost impossible.

And don't make excuses for the Arab parties in Israel. The Arab population in Israel is great but most of their politicians are horrible, they are the reason no one will take them aboard to a coalition. How can a party sit in a coalition with a party like BALAD which calls for murdering of Jews? I mean, some common sense, do you really think any party will sit in a government that includes this weird-ass politician? They will be kissing their political carrier goodbye.

Does it work though? They exist for over a decade, what results did they bring? Forcing Sodastream to move their factory from the west benk into Israel resulting in over 600 Palestinians losing their very lucrative jobs? Making Lorde cancel her show? Did any of this help the Palestinians? I can see Palestinians losing their jobs because of the BDS, I can see Israelies rounding up around right-wing politicians because of the BDS, but how did it help the Palestinians in the past one and a half decades?

So why keep saying Genocide if there isn't one? Why keep saying Apartheid there isn't one? Israel is occupying the Palestinians, so using words like "stop the occupation" makes a lot of sense. But because it's really easy to demonize a country by using random words like "genocide" and "apartheid", it's great PR so people use it.

What will happen if Israel annexes the whole West Bank? I don't know, probably not genocide but the end of Israel IMO but that's just an opinion. If Israel wanted to genocide the Palestinians, they were gone 50 years ago when the conflict has started in 1967.

What does Israel benefit from this conflict? Overspending on the army? Overspending on infrastructures in the west bank? Citizens under rocket fire? Burning fields? The BDS? What's their gain?

If the Palestinians wanted peace, they wouldn't have started blowing up buses as a reaction to the Oslo accords, said no twice, in 2000 and 2007, and wouldn't have made Gaza a terror state after Israel left in 2005. The last one, the whole Gaza thing, is actually one of the main reasons Israel is so right-wing right now. After that, the idea of peace started fading away.
The amount of victim blaming and downplaying of Isreal's atrocities in this post is about to make me puke.

You are concerned about those 600 Palestinians jobs? How about that over 2 million people in the worlds largest open air prison that, need I remind you is set to be uninhabitable.

The goal is to raise awareness and pressure to help these people, Isreal also has to account to the public awareness to their atrocities as well as the financial impact of their actions.

If more and more people are aware of the human impact of these actions, politicians like Kamala Harris and Nancy Pelosi have to tone down the way they are pandering to Isreali lobbies, the way Democratic presidential candidates have pulled out of Aipac is a sign of that.

Celebrities and companies are pulling out of events and projects, so that's a good sign too.

PS: I know you don't give a shit about those working Palestinians, you want to defend war criminals.

DrKeo

Banned
Mar 3, 2019
Israel
The amount of victim blaming and downplaying of Isreal's atrocities in this post is about to make me puke.

You are concerned about those 600 Palestinians jobs? How about that over 2 million people in the worlds largest open air prison that, need I remind you is set to be uninhabitable.

The goal is to raise awareness and pressure to help these people, Isreal also has to account to the public awareness to their atrocities as well as the financial impact of their actions.

If more and more people are aware of the human impact of these actions, politicians like Kamala Harris and Nancy Pelosi have to tone down the way they are pandering to Isreali lobbies, the way Democratic presidential candidates have pulled out of Aipac is a sign of that.

Celebrities and companies are pulling out of events and projects, so that's a good sign too.

PS: I know you don't give a shit about those working Palestinians, you want to defend war criminals.
Yet another violent post, I see a trend. BDS isn't helping, it exists for a decade and a half and it had achieved nothing. Palestinians are losing high-quality jobs they will never have again when plants move from the West Bank into Israel because of the BDS, the BDS movement is helping the Israeli right who uses the "see? everyone is against us!" rhetoric in order to get stronger.

There is a difference between spreading awareness, protesting, etc and the BDS.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Yet another violent post, I see a trend. BDS isn't helping, it exists for a decade and a half and it had achieved nothing. Palestinians are losing high-quality jobs they will never have again when plants move from the West Bank into Israel because of the BDS, the BDS movement is helping the Israeli right who uses the "see? everyone is against us!" rhetoric in order to get stronger.

So your solution is that we give in to Isreal's victim complex?

Companies, celebrities and politicians are starting to distance themselves, awareness is spreading, its something, better than your suggestion of nothing.

And you should expect aggressive posts when your being so transparent in downplaying atrocities, trying to downplay ways to protest it and victim blaming.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Does it though? Can you show me the results? Israel's economy is one of the strongest in the world and it's just getting stronger. Can you give an example of a settlement "go under"?

So fuck those 600 Palastinians who had one of the best jobs in the whole Arab world and lost it because of the BDS, right? Who cares about them, fuck Israel, that's what important in the BDS fight, right?

Genocide actually has a definition and it's the systematic eradication of an ethnic group. If the Palestinians aren't being systematic eradicated, they aren't being genocide. When you use words like genocide you offend millions of refugees that actually been through genocide, when you use a word like apartheid you offend millions of black South Africans who had to live through real apartheid. You can keep using these words, it's your right, free speech and all, but it doesn't make it true.

Another good word for what Israel is doing is ethnic cleansing. You know what that means don't you? I can't wait to see you defend it.
You are such a dense person aren't you?

The results you genius is that people are talking about this, people are realizing what these settlements are standing for and thus they stop and think before purchasing or doing an event in Israel. And no, there hasn't been any settlement that has gone under because Israel is supporting them. That doesn't mean their business aren't as good as they would have been.

A genocide is when you kill a large number of people. Israel is doing just that and if you want an example then go ahead and look at the Gaza protests. But of course you will argue it is not while at the same time talking about south africans which is ironic because Israel supported the apartheid that was happening in the region. They knew that they are doing the same exact thing. I won't ask you about what you feel about the ilegal settlements because I know you don't give a damn about how unethical it is.

Have you heard of the 2000 camp David peace talks? Or about the 2008 Annapolis conference peace talks? What about Israel leaving Gaza in 2005, have you heard about this one? Do you even know anything about the history of the region?
I have heard about them. Your point?
When you have such a racist and disgusting prime minister that me and you both know what he said. You expect me to believe these talks are somehow done for the sake of peace?

Also guess what? Netanyahu was mad that Israel left Gaza. You know, the guy in charge right now.
LOL, so Israel's benefit is "they can keep being evil"? I know about the conflict more than most people here, the fact that you are trying to portray a country in one of the most complicated geopolitical situations in the history of the world like a comic book supervillain probably mean you need to read a book or two.
You don't see how Israel benefits when they can point to the conflict as a way to justify their evil actions in stealing land and killing lots of civilians, treating their Israeli arab population like shit and lots more things I can list all day? If you truly don't get it then yes you do need to read a book. A whole stack of them.

"Evil comic book villians" he says...

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
It's not their fault, it's just a fact that the left-wing parties can't form a coalition with them because of obvious reasons. These parties will never be part of the coalition so in order for the Israeli left to be in power again they need to form a coalition with some light right-wing parties and the ultra-religious parties which is usually a problem because some of the left parties are trying to make the country more secular so forming a coalition with the ultra-religious parties is almost impossible.

And don't make excuses for the Arab parties in Israel. The Arab population in Israel is great but most of their politicians are horrible, they are the reason no one will take them aboard to a coalition. How can a party sit in a coalition with a party like BALAD which calls for murdering of Jews? I mean, some common sense, do you really think any party will sit in a government that includes this weird-ass politician? They will be kissing their political carrier goodbye.

Does it work though? They exist for over a decade, what results did they bring? Forcing Sodastream to move their factory from the west benk into Israel resulting in over 600 Palestinians losing their very lucrative jobs? Making Lorde cancel her show? Did any of this help the Palestinians? I can see Palestinians losing their jobs because of the BDS, I can see Israelies rounding up around right-wing politicians because of the BDS, but how did it help the Palestinians in the past one and a half decades?

So why keep saying Genocide if there isn't one? Why keep saying Apartheid there isn't one? Israel is occupying the Palestinians, so using words like "stop the occupation" makes a lot of sense. But because it's really easy to demonize a country by using random words like "genocide" and "apartheid", it's great PR so people use it.

What will happen if Israel annexes the whole West Bank? I don't know, probably not genocide but the end of Israel IMO but that's just an opinion. If Israel wanted to genocide the Palestinians, they were gone 50 years ago when the conflict has started in 1967.

What does Israel benefit from this conflict? Overspending on the army? Overspending on infrastructures in the west bank? Citizens under rocket fire? Burning fields? The BDS? What's their gain?

If the Palestinians wanted peace, they wouldn't have started blowing up buses as a reaction to the Oslo accords, said no twice, in 2000 and 2007, and wouldn't have made Gaza a terror state after Israel left in 2005. The last one, the whole Gaza thing, is actually one of the main reasons Israel is so right-wing right now. After that, the idea of peace started fading away.
No Jewish Israeli party wants to work with the Joint List because Jewish Israelis never wanted a single or two state solution, dont now, and never will, and parties of both signs have waged brutal wars and occupied the Palestinian territories with settlements, and put Gaza under a medieval siege, and that's what their voters want.

The Joint list members and voters have all the right in the world to hate Israel, and strong reasons.

DrKeo

Banned
Mar 3, 2019
Israel
So your solution is that we give in to Isreal's victim complex?

Companies, celebrities and politicians are starting to distance themselves, awareness is spreading, its something, better than your suggestion of nothing.
Have I offered a solution? I've said that the BDS, a specific organization with specific methods is not only not effective, but it also hurts the Palestinians. If we want this conflict to be over, we need to force the Palestinians and Israelis to sit together and work on a permanent agreement. And yes, protesting and bringing the occupation to the public eye is part of the solution. The fact that I think that the BDS movement is counterproductive doesn't mean I'm a fan of genocide or hate Muslims, that's just one big ad hominem.

And you should expect aggressive posts when your being so transparent in downplaying atrocities, trying to downplay ways to protest it and victim blaming.
Not really, never done that, I just called the BDS ineffective and said that false words like genocide and apartheid don't help the conversation.

You are such a dense person aren't you?
Again, ad hominem, classic strategy.

The results you genius is that people are talking about this, people are realizing what these settlements are standing for and thus they stop and think before purchasing or doing an event in Israel. And no, there hasn't been any settlement that has gone under because Israel is supporting them. That doesn't mean their business aren't as good as they would have been.
There are lots of ways to make people aware of a problem, BDS isn't very affective as you can see form the booming Israeli economy.

A genocide is when you kill a large number of people. Israel is doing just that and if you want an example then go ahead and look at the Gaza protests. But of course you will argue it is not while at the same time talking about south africans which is ironic because Israel supported the apartheid that was happening in the region. They knew that they are doing the same exact thing. I won't ask you about what you feel about the ilegal settlements because I know you don't give a damn about how unethical it is.
I hate the illegal settlements, I'm actually pretty left-wing politically (less so economically). I think that the settelments are a burden on Israel on every possible way, economically, security-wise, morality-wise and in turms of international politics. The settelments are terrible, but you don't care if I think that, because I said that BDS isn't effective so I must be some kind of right-wing extremist or something, right?

I have heard about them. Your point?
When you have such a racist and disgusting prime minister that me and you both know what he said. You expect me to believe these talks are somehow done for the sake of peace?
Netanyahu wasn't involved in any of these things. Netanyahu is a political leech that shed its' skin every time he needs to. There will never be peace while he is in power. But peace hasn't died with Rabin, it died with the evacuation of the Gaza strip in 2005. The labor party in 2000 really wanted peace, in 2008 Kadima really wanted peace and in 2005 when Israel left the Gaza strip and evacuated thousands of Israeli civilians by force they did it for peace. The last act, leaving the Gaza strip, was the act that tor the Israeli society apart and helped the rise of the right-wing in Israel. That was the act that killed peace on the Israeli side.

On the Palestinian side? I don't really know what to say, both Arafat and Abu-Mazen are very corrupt, Arafat also was a terrorist who became a billionaire through corruption and stealing Palestinian tax money and Abu-Mazen is a Holocaust denier so I wouldn't trust them much. I have no idea why these guys keep turning down every offer for a Palestinian state, usually, when your people are suffering and there is a solution, you are supposed to jump on almost any offer in order to help them but even though their people are suffering, they are playing hardball for the past 25 years.

Also guess what? Netanyahu was mad that Israel left Gaza. You know, the guy in charge right now.
He actually voted for leaving Gaza. As always, Bibi does and say whatever gets him more votes, he will sell his firstborn for 2 more mandates in the Knesset. His famous "Arabs are coming in buses" video was made in order to steal votes from the extreme right-wing parties to the Likud party on the day of the 2015 election. That guy will do anything in order to keep his chair.

You don't see how Israel benefits when they can point to the conflict as a way to justify their evil actions in stealing land and killing lots of civilians, treating their Israeli arab population like shit and lots more things I can list all day? If you truly don't get it then yes you do need to read a book. A whole stack of them.

"Evil comic book villians" he says...
Israel doesn't benefit anything from killing Palestinians, Israel loses tones from this conflict like spending billions on security expenses and hostile international relations. Just like any country, there are pressure groups in Israel, because you don't really understand them, you think that "Israel" (what is Israel? Do you mean the Likud party? Bibi? Every right-wing party? The collective of 9 million citizens?) is evil or something. That makes for a very superficial discussion.

The reason Israel keeps building in the west bank is in order to make the extreme right-wing parties and their voter base happy. It's political extortion at it's best.

No Jewish Israeli party wants to work with the Joint List because Jewish Israelis never wanted a single or two state solution, dont now, and never will, and parties of both signs have waged brutal wars and occupied the Palestinian territories with settlements, and put Gaza under a medieval siege, and that's what their voters want.

The Joint list members and voters have all the right in the world to hate Israel, and strong reasons.
That is obviously not true. There are parties which want a single state solution, the most extreme right-wing parties. That are lots of parties that want the two-state solution like Yesh Atid, The Labor party, Meretz, Hadash (which are part of the Joint List now), even the Likud party wanted the two-state solution until the ramification of the disengagement from Gaza in 2005.

The support in Israel for the two-state solution is dropping since the disengagement from Gaza, but it always was the majority opinion of the Israelies. It's just now starting to change after everything that had happened in the past 10+ years.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Have I offered a solution? I've said that the BDS, a specific organization with specific methods is not only not effective, but it also hurts the Palestinians. If we want this conflict to be over, we need to force the Palestinians and Israelis to sit together and work on a permanent agreement. And yes, protesting and bringing the occupation to the public eye is part of the solution. The fact that I think that the BDS movement is counterproductive doesn't mean I'm a fan of genocide or hate Muslims, that's just one big ad hominem.

Not really, never done that, I just called the BDS ineffective and said that false words like genocide and apartheid don't help the conversation.

There are lots of ways to make people aware of a problem, BDS isn't very affective as you can see form the booming Israeli economy.

I hate the illegal settlements, I'm actually pretty left-wing politically (less so economically). I think that the settelments are a burden on Israel on every possible way, economically, security-wise, morality-wise and in turms of international politics. The settelments are terrible, but you don't care if I think that, because I said that BPS isn't effective so I must be some kind of right-wing extremist or something, right?

Netanyahu wasn't involved in any of these things. Netanyahu is a political leech that shed its' skin every time he needs to. There will never be peace while he is in power. But peace hasn't died with Rabin, it died with the evacuation of the Gaza strip in 2005. The labor party in 2000 really wanted peace, in 2008 Kadima really wanted peace and in 2005 when Israel left the Gaza strip and evacuated thousands of Israeli civilians by force they did it for peace. The last act, leaving the Gaza strip, was the act that tor the Israeli society apart and helped the rise of the right-wing in Israel. That was the act that killed peace on the Israeli side.

On the Palestinian side? I don't really know what to say, both Arafat and Abu-Mazen are very corrupt, Arafat also was a terrorist who became a billionaire through corruption and Abu-Mazen is a Holocaust denier so I wouldn't trust them much. I have no idea why these guys keep turning down every offer for a Palestinian state, usually, when your people are suffering and there is a solution, you are supposed to jump on almost any offer but even though their people are suffering, they are playing hardball for the past 25 years.

He actually voted for leaving Gaza. As always, Bibi does and say whatever gets him more votes, he will sell his firstborn for 2 more mandates in the Knesset.

Israel doesn't benefit anything from killing Palestinians, Israel loses tones from this conflict like spending billions on security expenses and hostile international relations. Just like any country, there are pressure groups in Israel, because you don't really understand them, you think that "Israel" (what is Israel? Do you mean the Likud party? Bibi? Every right-wing party? The collective of 9 million citizens?) is evil or something. That makes for a very superficial discussion.

That is obviously not true. There are parties which want a single state solution, the most extreme right-wing parties. That are lots of parties that want the two-state solution like Yesh Atid, The Labor party, Meretz, Hadash (which are part of the Joint List now), even the Likud party wanted the two-state solution until the ramification of the disengagement from Gaza in 2005.

The support in Israel for the two-state solution is dropping since the disengagement from Gaza, but it always was the majority opinion of the Israelies. It's just now starting to change after everything that had happened in the past 10+ years.
Nobody in Israel has ever wanted the two state solution. The Oslo accords were signed and didn't really provide a viable two state solution, and governments from both the right and the left have dutifully and thoroughly violated the Oslo accords from day one. They were always a lie.

DrKeo

Banned
Mar 3, 2019
Israel
Nobody in Israel has ever wanted the two state solution. The Oslo accords were signed and didn't really provide a viable two state solution, and governments from both the right and the left have dutifully and thoroughly violated the Oslo accords from day one. They were always a lie.
Most of the Israeli public was always pro-two-state solution. Rabin, Peres, Barak, Sharon, Olmert and even Bibi until a few years ago where all pro-two-state solution. Even today, when the Israeli public is the most right-wing it ever was, still the two-statue solution is very popular in the Israeli public.

Israel made big moves towards the two-state solution including the disengagement from Gaza which tore the country apart, I can't say the same about the Palestinian government.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Most of the Israeli public was always pro-two-state solution. Rabin, Peres, Barak, Sharon, Olmert and even Bibi until a few years ago where all pro-two-state solution. Even today, when the Israeli public is the most right-wing it ever was, still the two-statue solution is very popular in the Israeli public.
Then why are there more than 700000 settlers, home demolitions, wars, why is Gaza a concentration camp, and why do Israelis overwhelmingly think all those things are awesome?
Those things don't sound like a society that wants to let Palestinians have their own state.

DrKeo

Banned
Mar 3, 2019
Israel
Then why are there more than 700000 settlers, home demolitions, wars, why is Gaza a concentration camp, and why do Israelis overwhelmingly think all those things are awesome?
Those things don't sound like a society that wants to let Palestinians have their own state.
I can give you a detailed answer to each one of them, but do you really want one? Or do you want to keep the discussion at the level of "this exists so the Israelies must love it and they are evil"?

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I can give you a detailed answer to each one of them, but do you really want one? Or do you want to keep the discussion at the level of "this exists so the Israelies must love it and they are evil"?
Israel claims to be a democracy, and it is in fact for its Jewish citizens, according to Freedom House and the Economist. So I'd say that, if it's consistently and aggressively awful to Palestinians its because the Jewish majority wants it to be.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's wild to me how you just handwave the fact that no Jewish party will ever form a coalition with an Arab party in Israel as "obvious reasons".
This is one of the most virulent expressions of the systemic oppression of Israeli Arabs, and just because it's been going since the formation of the state of Israel it doesn't make it obvious or acceptable.

The Palestinians population stopped its' rapid growth?
What the fuck?

You are against the goals of BDS, don't concern troll like the real issue you have with it is that it's not effective enough.
Come on now, argue your position honestly so we can debate it.

Oct 25, 2017
This is what happens when you mix race, religion, nationality, ethnicity etc for convenience of argument. It might have been expedient then, but many decades later we have a new problem and we don't have the cultural means to solve it yet because it becomes a toxic -ism debate.

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Systematic ethnic cleansing is indeed a form of genocide and denying that Israel is an apartheid state is denying reality.

Edit: Middle East Eye: 'Jewish nation state': How Israel enshrines apartheid into law

Ahead of the vote, a number of Jewish American leaders have strongly urged Netanyahu to reconsider, intensifying their lobbying efforts to prevent the bill's passage.
These responses have, regrettably but predictably, been characterised by a failure to understand or take sufficiently into account how Israel's status as a "Jewish state" has always been reflected in legislation and practice, and, crucially, how this has impacted on Palestinians since 1948.

Many discriminatory laws are already on the books, and legal ways to create segregated communities in Israel already exist. There is no right to equality, and Israel is not a state of all its citizens. The much-heralded Declaration of Independence is not a constitutional law, and the Basic Law already privileges the protection of a "Jewish state" over equality for non-Jewish citizens.

As a UN special rapporteur put it in 2012, Israeli authorities already pursue "a land development model that excludes, discriminates against and displaces minorities". The UN Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination has similarly noted "the enactment of a number of discriminatory laws on land issues which disproportionately affect non-Jewish communities".

Indeed, the issue of Jewish-only communities, which has dominated recent criticism over the law passed on Thursday, is often debated without reference to the fact that Israel already has hundreds of such segregated communities, thanks to the role of "admission committees".

Last edited:

DrKeo

Banned
Mar 3, 2019
Israel
Israel claims to be a democracy, and it is in fact for its Jewish citizens, according to Freedom House and the Economist. So I'd say that, if it's consistently and aggressively awful to Palestinians its because the Jewish majority wants it to be.
Yeah, just like I thought, no interest.

It's wild to me how you just handwave the fact that no Jewish party will ever form a coalition with an Arab party in Israel as "obvious reasons".
This is one of the most virulent expressions of the systemic oppression of Israeli Arabs, and just because it's been going since the formation of the state of Israel it doesn't make it obvious or acceptable.
It's obvious that not a single Israeli party can sit in a coalition that includes a party that openly support terrorism against their own country.

How long will a politician in the US stay in office if he says that he supports 9/11? 20 seconds? Israel is probably the only democracy in the world that allows political parties that want its' destruction like Balad.

You are against the goals of BDS, don't concern troll like the real issue you have with it is that it's not effective enough.
Come on now, argue your position honestly so we can debate it.
I am for the two state solution, evacuation of all setelments from the West Bank and the formation of a Palestinian state. I'm against the right of return, unless its' a financial aspect from the UN resolution, because that will be the end of Israel.

I've said my position, want to share yours or do you want to keep attacking the person instead of making valid arguments?

Systematic ethnic cleansing is indeed a form of genocide and denying that Israel is an apartheid state is denying reality.

Edit: Middle East Eye: 'Jewish nation state': How Israel enshrines apartheid into law

Apparently you don't know what Apartheid or genocide are.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018

I hate the illegal settlements, I'm actually pretty left-wing politically (less so economically). I think that the settelments are a burden on Israel on every possible way, economically, security-wise, morality-wise and in turms of international politics. The settelments are terrible, but you don't care if I think that, because I said that BDS isn't effective so I must be some kind of right-wing extremist or something, right?

On the Palestinian side? I don't really know what to say, both Arafat and Abu-Mazen are very corrupt, Arafat also was a terrorist who became a billionaire through corruption and stealing Palestinian tax money and Abu-Mazen is a Holocaust denier so I wouldn't trust them much. I have no idea why these guys keep turning down every offer for a Palestinian state, usually, when your people are suffering and there is a solution, you are supposed to jump on almost any offer in order to help them but even though their people are suffering, they are playing hardball for the past 25 years.

He actually voted for leaving Gaza. As always, Bibi does and say whatever gets him more votes, he will sell his firstborn for 2 more mandates in the Knesset. His famous "Arabs are coming in buses" video was made in order to steal votes from the extreme right-wing parties to the Likud party on the day of the 2015 election. That guy will do anything in order to keep his chair.

The reason Israel keeps building in the west bank is in order to make the extreme right-wing parties and their voter base happy. It's political extortion at it's best.

I love how you keep going on about your concern of the working palestinian when it comes to going against BDS but that falls apart when you look at your previous post

Ah, look at that.
Downplaying Isreali atrocities, rationalizing it and pointing the finger at the oppressed and oh,is that contempt I taste?

What happened to all that concern to the working Palestinian?
When its not to denounce protests against crimes against humanity and trying to paint your self as a leftist, its easy to drop.

You are a concern troll, nothing more.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
If reality has shown us anything, it's that Republicans stick together through racism, vile, and more.

Any third party that would somehow miraculously rise up would only serve to splinter the non Republican vote.

ERA wouldn't really like it but there is definitely a gap for a party that is for personal responsibility, low taxes, small government, and the government staying the fuck out of peoples lives - libertarian light essentially. Republicans are too racist / christian for it, democrats are too spineless and big government solves everything for it. It'll happen sometime in the next decade or two, let by some billionaire populist (Ross Perot 2.0) as a reaction to a bad economy, global competition, lack of jobs, automation, etc.

The really interesting question is whether it would lead to or be the result of some sort of civil war.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
It's obvious that not a single Israeli party can sit in a coalition that includes a party that openly support terrorism against their own country.

[citation needed]

I'm against the right of return, unless its' a financial aspect from the UN resolution, because that will be the end of Israel

Can you name a context not related to Israel in which you'd consider "too many people of the wrong ethnicity might get the right to vote" to be a legitimate and morally acceptable argument?

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Yeah, just like I thought, no interest.

How long will a politician in the US stay in office if he says that he supports 9/11? 20 seconds? Israel is probably the only democracy in the world that allows political parties that want its' destruction like Balad.

I am for the two state solution, evacuation of all setelments from the West Bank and the formation of a Palestinian state. I'm against the right of return, unless its' a financial aspect from the UN resolution, because that will be the end of Israel.

I've said my position, want to share yours or do you want to keep attacking the person instead of making valid arguments?

Apparently you don't know what Apartheid or genocide are.
The West Bank and Gaza are where Israel is committing both Apartheid and genocide, which are really one and the same. Israel itself is a racist country akin to Jim Crow America (Separate but equal) that is pretty ugly in and of itself, but, well...
And lol at "the end of Israel". So, racist ethnostates are fine then?

Nov 9, 2017
Out of curiosity, what happens to all of the Jewish people currently living in Israel after BDS works and the nation of Israel is dismantled?

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Wow, supporting maintenance of an ethnostate.
Go on, try rationalizing it.

Oh, and don't mind trying to keep the your image of someone concerned about the average Palestinian, that was in shambles a long time ago.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017

Can we get this detailed answer to each of those points? I'd be interested to read them.

Oct 27, 2017

BDS works. Tell me why else does Israel do everything in it's power to illegitimize it at every turn? I will tell you why. When BDS is spread and more people learn of it then they look up why it is a thing. This is a huge win because it shows what kinds of evils Israel is commiting against Palestine. It has less to do with "booming economics" and more to do with spreading awareness that Israel isn't the nice country it tries it's hardest to look like. Also I gotta say, trying to gain sympathy by bringing up Palestinian civilians as casualties of BDS is disgusting, especially when the government of yours doesn't give a shit about them. Every Palestinian would be glad that BDS exists to give them their rights.

Israel absoluetly benefits from the conflict. Any kind of attack or threat (as small as it is for a country as strong as Israel) can be used as an excuse to do what they want in the west bank. They can steal the land, build more settlements, thus ethnic cleansing Palestine and get the whole country. You know this and acting as if that's some fantasy is just stupid. It is clear why they would benefit. I am sure you learned about it but one of the goals for zionism is to take back the whole country and Netanyahu along with the people who vote him in everytime want this finish line. To take everything without giving Palestine and its people rights. Also what the hell kind of response is: "The reason Israel keeps building in the west bank is in order to make the extreme right-wing parties and their voter base happy. It's political extortion at it's best."
Does that mean it is okay to let them build these settlements on stolen land because "politics"? That's just justifiying it.

I wonder why Netanyahu keeps getting voted in? It is clear he doesn't want peace and is a very racist person so why the hell do Israeli people keep voting him into power, even when he is shown to be a corrupt person? Go ahead and answer this because this whole nonesense about Israel somehow being the one looking for peace is just false when the fact that Netanyahu is still prime minister after all he did.

Also this bullshit you are trying to tell me about Arafat is just nonesense. Arafat was the one to come closest to peace with Israel before Rabin died. He was a very controversial figure yet successful in the conflict and was even assassinated because of it. Wether you agree or disagree with his earlier methods, just before he died he was the best chance at resolving the conflict.

It is clear to me we won't get to an understanding because you keep defending the actions of your governemt even though it is clearly a crime against humanity. It is apartheid and it is genocide and it is ethnic cleansing. No matter how much you want to make it out to be something else, it still is.

The Kool-Aid you are drinking is sure working.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

So you're saying all Arabs parties ever just happened to be unacceptable to Jewish parties on the issues, and it's totally possible for a new Arab party to form that Jewish parties would be willing to sit in a coalition with?
Because I personally think this is horse-shit and I have the entire history of the state of Israel to back me up.
And fucking hell, you're saying all Arab parties support terrorism?
So outside the fact that it's racist bullshit, even if a party wanted to they can't since supporting terrorism disqualify a party from running to the Knesset.

Surely you know all of this, do must argue on that level?

So are you supporting economic sanctions against Israel to force a two state solution?
Because I kinda suspect you real issue here is with the economic sanctions part.

Also, the fact that there might be some solution that involve 2 states is not a good reason to keep denying millions of people basic human rights.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
The same people would have done the same in south africa if they had a financially corrupt stake in the process. America's government is a dystopia

anamika

May 18, 2018
Out of curiosity, what happens to all of the Jewish people currently living in Israel after BDS works and the nation of Israel is dismantled?

Why do you keep asking this question in such threads despite folks having already answered you?

The Jewish people live side by side with the Arabs jn a state where everyone has equal rights. That's what happens. Out of curiosity, do you think that the Jewish people currently living in Israel can only live in an Ethnostate?

DrKeo

Banned
Mar 3, 2019
Israel
I love how you keep going on about your concern of the working palestinian when it comes to going against BDS but that falls apart when you look at your previous post

Ah, look at that.
Downplaying Isreali atrocities, rationalizing it and pointing the finger at the oppressed and oh,is that contempt I taste?

What happened to all that concern to the working Palestinian?
When its not to denounce protests against crimes against humanity and trying to paint your self as a leftist, its easy to drop.

You are a concern troll, nothing more.
Can you tell the difference between the Palestinian people and the Palestinian leadership?
Let me help you:
Palestinian people -> just like any other people.
Palestinian leadership -> Violent dictatorship, corrupt, doesn't care about its' people.

Balad, the Israeli Arab party, which was founded and lead by Azmi Bishara and is part of the United List:
2006 - Azmi Bishara used his diplomatic passport to get into Syria in 2006 while Israel and Hizballah were at war and gave Hizballah coordinates for targets.
2008 - Said Nafa - Convicted in contact with an enemy agent.
2014 - Hanin Zoabi - Supports Hamas member who kidnapped and murdered 3 Israeli teenagers.
2017 - Basel Ghattas - Smuggled phones to terrorists in prison while using his Knesset member title to visit them.

Do you seriously think any Israeli party can partner with Balad?

Can you name a context not related to Israel in which you'd consider "too many people of the wrong ethnicity might get the right to vote" to be a legitimate and morally acceptable argument?
The West Bank and Gaza are where Israel is committing both Apartheid and genocide, which are really one and the same. Israel itself is a racist country akin to Jim Crow America (Separate but equal) that is pretty ugly in and of itself, but, well...
And lol at "the end of Israel". So, racist ethnostates are fine then?

Wow, supporting maintenance of an ethnostate.
Go on, try rationalizing it.

Oh, and don't mind trying to keep the your image of someone concerned about the average Palestinian, that was in shambles a long time ago.
There are over 5 million Palestinians in the West-Bank and the Gaza strip, there are 9 million Israelis. Do you know any country with its' right mind that will let a group the size of over 50% of its population to enter the country and get citizenship? Just take a look at how a country like Germany acts after they let in 900,000 refugees in, a refugee population which is1% of Germany's population, not over 50% like in Israel's case. On top of that, Israel and the Palestinians are at war for 100 years, not exactly the same as taking random refugees in. What Israel is asked to do is equivalent to Germany taking in 45 million people, does that makes sense?

Can we get this detailed answer to each of those points? I'd be interested to read them.
Then why are there more than 700000 settlers? - The settlers are a pretty powerful pressure group backed by rich American Jews. They have a lot of political currency and they successfully get permission to build in specific intervals from almost every prime minister because of that, just like the very religious groups do the same so they don't have to work, go to the army or pay taxes. The Israeli election system is a pretty shitty system that allows small parties to extort the big parties. All of that also helped them get tax relief and crazy investment in infrastructure but at the same time, they are very close to Tel Aviv which attracts young Israelies without an extreme right-wing agenda. There are all types of settlers, some towns are totally normal with normal people who are trying to live their life at a high-quality place with good schools and low taxes, others are crazy fanatics who run illegally to the hills and build new settlements with tents and caravans, attack the Israeli army who tries to evacuate them by court order. Unfortunately, when these illegal settlements get big enough, the settlers counsel start backing them up and from there you get political pressure to make the settlement legal. It's a vicious cycle.

home demolitions - Under British law, when an act of terror against the country happens, it's allowed to demolish any building the commander of that area sees fit. Israeli law is based on British law because of the British mandate, so the Israelis demolished homes of terrorists who successfully killed Israelis as a means to prevent other terror acts. Homes of terrorists who only wounded people are not demolished, only homes of killers. There are discussion inside of Israel if it really helps, home demolitions even stopped in 2005 but resumed in 2014.

wars - That's a big question, why do wars exist? How far back do you want to go? 1920?

why is Gaza a concentration camp - Before 1967 Gaza was part of Egypt. In 1967, during the six-day war, Israel occupied the Sinai desert and the Gaza strip. In 1977 Israel and Egypt had signed a peace agreement, part of that agreement was that Israel will return the Sinai desert to Egypt but Egypt didn't want the Gaza strip, so the Gaza strip became some sort of an island stuck between Israel, Egypt and the sea under Israeli control. In 2005, Israel decided that if they will leave the Gaza strip cold turkey, remove all the settlements and army presents because they thought it will advance the chance of peace with the Palestinians and could act as a model for leaving the West bank. In the summer of 2005 Israel had left Gaza, no civilians or military present remain in Gaza. In January 2006, the Palestinians had their second election after the first election in 1996, Hamas won. In 2007, Hamas, which had a very big presence in Gaza, killed the PLO representatives in Gaza and took it over. Hamas reversed all agreements with Israel and Egypt including Oslo and forced a Sharia law in the Gaza strip while threating to attack Israel. As a response, Israel and Egypt started a siege on the Gaza strip and that's how it is ever since.

why do Israelis overwhelmingly think all those things are awesome - They don't. Some do think that these things are awesome, some think they are terrible, some have mixed opinions on them because, well, they are human beings with different opinions and stuff.

So you're saying all Arabs parties ever just happened to be unacceptable to Jewish parties on the issues, and it's totally possible for a new Arab party to form that Jewish parties would be willing to sit in a coalition with?
Because I personally think this is horse-shit and I have the entire history of the state of Israel to back me up.
And fucking hell, you're saying all Arab parties support terrorism?
So outside the fact that it's racist bullshit, even if a party wanted to they can't since supporting terrorism disqualify a party from running to the Knesset.
I haven't said that all Arab parties support terrorism, but unlike you, I know Israeli politics. If you would have known Israeli politics, you would know that because the bar of entry into the Knesset in the past 5 years has raised to 4 mandates (actually 3.9 which will allow a 3 mandate party in if a very rare statistical anomaly will happen), all the Arab parties have come together and formed one big party called "United Arab List ". Because Balad, which is a very extreme movement (details about them in earlier parts of this post), is part of the United Arab List, no other party will sit with them in the coalition. There are actually some parties that the Israeli left would gladly sit with, parties like Hadash.

So are you supporting economic sanctions against Israel to force a two state solution?
Because I kinda suspect you real issue here is with the economic sanctions part.

Also, the fact that there might be some solution that involve 2 states is not a good reason to keep denying millions of people basic human rights.
Anything that will work in order to force the two-state solution, I'm for. I just don't think that the BDS is effective, in order for a boycott to work you need governments to do a massive boycott. I also think that they need to pick and choose what to boycott. The example I gave before regarding SodaStream for instance, I think it was a very bad target for the BDS. SodaStream always had a message of peace, Israelis and Palestinians working together in harmony, etc. most of its' employees where Palestinians while it was in the West-bank and the BDS drove it back into Israel. 600 Palestinian lost their jobs and you have to remember that the average wage in the West-bank is 600$ a month while SodaStream had paid them Israeli minimum wage which is today 1400$ a month.

Thing is, the Palestinians also need to compromise in order to achieve peace, for instance, the right of return (even though the BDS wants the right of return according to US resolution 194 which talks about either the right to return or get financial compensation instead which is achievable).

Why do you keep asking this question in such threads despite folks having already answered you?

The Jewish people live side by side with the Arabs jn a state where everyone has equal rights. That's what happens. Out of curiosity, do you think that the Jewish people currently living in Israel can only live in an Ethnostate?
The one-state solution is a pretty bad one IMO. You can't just take 7 million Israeli Jews and 7 million Palestinians which were at war for 100 years and expect everything to be peaceful and awesome.

That's the Israeli extreme right-wing parties solution BTW, one big single state.

Last edited:

anamika

May 18, 2018
The one-state solution is a pretty bad one IMO. You can't just take 7 million Israeli Jews and 7 million Palestinians which were at war for 100 years and expect everything to be peaceful and awesome.

That's the Israeli extreme right-wing parties solution BTW, one big single state.

The Israeli extreme right wing wants to co-exist side by side with the Palestinians and give them equal rights including voting rights? lol. What nonsense.

So according to you if the Israelis cannot live with the Palestinians in a one state, what is the solution here and now considering Israel continues to grab more and more land to build illegal settlements making two states not feasible anymore. Are you saying the status quo is okay?

And by the way, Palestinians refugee kicked out of their homes when Israel stole their lands do deserve the right of return. That's their frigging land. If you oppose right of return are you suggesting that these people remain stateless, homeless refugees forever?

home demolitions - Under British law, when an act of terror is executed, it's allowed to demolish their home. Israeli law is based on British law because of the British mandate, so the Israelis demolished homes of terrorists who successfully killed Israelis as a means to prevent other terror acts. Homes of terrorist who only wounded people are not demolished. There are discussion inside of Israel if it really helps, home demolitions even became illegal in 2005 but started again in 2014.

So what do you think about Israel demolishing the homes of innocent people who build their homes on Palestinian land near the wall?

What about them demolishing class rooms? Are school children terrorists as well?

Last edited:

DrKeo

Banned
Mar 3, 2019
Israel
The Israeli extreme right wing wants to co-exist side by side with the Palestinians and give them equal rights including voting rights? lol. What nonsense.

So according to you if the Israelis cannot live with the Palestinians in a one state, what is the solution here and now considering Israel continues to grab more and more land to build illegal settlements making two states not feasible anymore. Are you saying the status quo is okay?

And by the way, Palestinians refugee kicked out of their homes when Israel stole their lands do deserve the right of return. That's their frigging land. If you oppose right of return are you suggesting that these people remain stateless, homeless refugees forever?
The solution IMO is the two-state solution, a Palestinian state in the west bank and Gaza with territory swaps to accommodate populated areas (just like in the 2000 and 2008 talks, an act that even Abu-Mazen and Arafat agreed on), Jerusalem will be split while the old city will be an internationally controlled zone. I also think there should be an international project to connect the Gaza strip with the West bank via a tunnel, they are only ~20 miles away from each other.

Regarding the right of return, its' been 71 years, the Palestinians are the only people in the world that have the right to keep a status of refugee even after they get new citizenship and they also the only people in the world that has the right to inherit the title refugee so a Palestinian which was born in Germany with a German citizenship and is a third-generation German is still called a Palestinian refugee, that's crazy. In all do respect, they haven't been refugees for over half a decade and they aren't refugees at any shape or form if a Palestinian state is formed. We can't have one law for the Palestinians and another for any other refugee ever. Financial compensation should be given to the families of whom was driven out or ran out of their home in 1947-1948.

Last edited:

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
As expected, only two voices speaking out. How long before the greater party gets rid of them or they lose influence entirely? This won't end well.

anamika

May 18, 2018
The solution IMO is the two-state solution, a Palestinian state in the west bank and Gaza with territory swaps to accommodate populated areas (just like in the 2000 and 2008 talks, an act that even Abu-Mazen and Arafat agreed on), Jerusalem will be split while the old city will be an internationally controlled zone.

And as I asked when is this two state solution going to happen considering that Israel continues to grab and steal more and more Palestinian land, continues to slaughter Palestinians on a regular basis and the Israelis continue to elect Netanyahu who wants ALL Palestinian land to belong to Israel?

DrKeo

Banned
Mar 3, 2019
Israel
And as I asked when is this two state solution going to happen considering that Israel continues to grab and steal more and more Palestinian land, continues to slaughter Palestinians on a regular basis and the Israelis continue to elect Netanyahu who wants ALL Palestinian land to belong to Israel?
I told you what the solution is, I don't know when it will happen. It could have happened in 1947 but the Arab league said no to the UN. It could have happened in 2000 but Arafat said no to Barak. It could have happened in 2008 but Abu-Mazen said no to Olmert. Maybe at some point in the future, there will be an Israeli PM which will offer a two-state solution again and there will be a Palestinian leader which will say yes.

anamika

May 18, 2018
I told you what the solution is, I don't know when it will happen. It could have happened in 1947 but the Arab league said no to the UN. It could have happened in 2000 but Arafat said no to Barak. It could have happened in 2008 but Abu-Mazen said no to Olmert. Maybe at some point in the future, there will be an Israeli PM which will offer a two-state solution again and there will be a Palestinian leader which will say yes.

Right, so the fault for all this lies with the Palestinians? The nice Israelis really want the two state but the no good Palestinians keep refusing is that it?

You did not answer my question. Why does Israel continue to grab and steal more and more Palestinian land, continues to build illegal settlements, continues to slaughter Palestinians on a regular basis and continue to elect Netanyahu who wants ALL Palestinian land to belong to Israel if they want a two state solution some day?

And if you are against right of return what do you think should happen to the stateless, homeless Palestinian refugees whose lands where stolen by the Israelis. Do you think they should live forever as refugees?

Regarding the right of return, its' been 71 years, the Palestinians are the only people in the world that have the right to keep a status of refugee even after they get new citizenship and they also the only people in the world that has the right to inherit the title refugee so a Palestinian which was born in Germany with a German citizenship and is a third-generation German is still called a Palestinian refugee, that's crazy. In all do respect, they haven't been refugees for over half a decade and they aren't refugees at any shape or form if a Palestinian state is formed. We can't have one law for the Palestinians and another for any other refugee ever. Financial compensation should be given to the families of whom was driven out or ran out of their home in 1947-1948

Because they are frigging Palestinian refugees! That's why they keep the refugees status after 71 years. The land/home that Israel stole from them is where they belong. Why should they have to live in Germany? Or elsewhere? That's not their land. That's where they were forced to go after Israel kicked them out and stole their land.

And you think all Palestinian refugees live in Germany? What about all the guys who live in UNRWA camps? Are you okay with them being allowed the right to return?

Nearly one-third of the registered Palestine refugees, more than 1.5 million individuals, live in 58 recognized Palestine refugee camps in Jordan, Lebanon, the Syrian Arab Republic, the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, including East Jerusalem.

The plots of land on which the recognized camps were set up are either state land or, in most cases, land leased by the host government from local landowners. This means that the refugees in camps do not 'own' the land on which their shelters were built, but have the right to 'use' the land for a residence.

Socioeconomic conditions in the camps are generally poor, with high population density, cramped living conditions and inadequate basic infrastructure such as roads and sewers.

Last edited:

DrKeo

Banned
Mar 3, 2019
Israel
Right, so the fault for all this lies with the Palestinians? The nice Israelis really want the two state but the no good Palestinians keep refusing is that it?
They had been offered a state three times and said no, do what you will with that.

You did not answer my question. Why does Israel continue to grab and steal more and more Palestinian land, continues to build illegal settlements, continues to slaughter Palestinians on a regular basis and continue to elect Netanyahu who wants ALL Palestinian land to belong to Israel if they want a two state solution some day?
That's pretty superficial way of putting it. as long as there is not peace, the extreme right will continue to pressure the government to build in the west bank. Palestinians aren't slaughtered on regular basis, but Palestinians do die during military operation vs Hamas when Hamas attacks Israel and during violent demonstrations. When an army and civilians mix, there are deaths, ask any army ever. Bibi got the same mandates as blue and white in the election in April.
And if you are against right of return what do you think should happen to the stateless, homeless Palestinian refugees whose lands where stolen by the Israelis. Do you think they should live forever as refugees?
Last time I've chacked, there are no more refugees from WW2, how come the Palestinians are still keeping this title from 1947?

The UN has two refugee agencies, one for the Palestinians and one for every other refugee on the planet. Because of that, not only that the Palestinians are the only people in the world that can inherit the title refugee, they don't lose it when they find a home in a new country. If a Palestinian went to Germany in 1960 and got a citizenship, his grandson, a third generation German, is still called a refugee. That's insane.

There is no need for special treatment for the Palestinians. If the two state solution happens, they have a state, they aren't refugees anymore, aren't they? Not that they are refugees right now, but still.

Last edited:

anamika

May 18, 2018
Last time I've chacked, there are no more refugees from WW2, how come the Palestinians are still keeping this title from 1947? There is no need for special treatment for the Palestinians. If the two state solution happens, they have a state, they aren't refugees anymore, aren't they? Not that they are refugees right now, but still.

Because they are frigging Palestinian refugees! That's why they keep the refugees status after 71 years. The land/home that Israel stole from them is where they belong. Why should they have to live in Germany? Or elsewhere? That's not their land. That's where they were forced to go after Israel kicked them out and stole their land.

And you think all Palestinian refugees live in Germany? What about all the guys who live in UNRWA camps? Are you okay with them being allowed the right to return?

Nearly one-third of the registered Palestine refugees, more than 1.5 million individuals, live in 58 recognized Palestine refugee camps in Jordan, Lebanon, the Syrian Arab Republic, the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, including East Jerusalem.

The plots of land on which the recognized camps were set up are either state land or, in most cases, land leased by the host government from local landowners. This means that the refugees in camps do not 'own' the land on which their shelters were built, but have the right to 'use' the land for a residence.

Socioeconomic conditions in the camps are generally poor, with high population density, cramped living conditions and inadequate basic infrastructure such as roads and sewers.

Also why does Israel be given special treatment and be allowed to steal and grab land from other people and continue as an ethnostate that practices apartheid? They should be sanctioned for their human rights violations.

They had been offered a state three times and said no, do what you will with that.

Because they were offered trash. And they rightfully refused. Again, I like how you keep blaming the Palestinians - the guys with no power in all this as their people are slaughtered and forced to live in inhuman conditions - while Israel continues to steal more and more land while ethnically cleansing the land of it's people.

That's pretty superficial way of putting it. as long as there is not peace, the extreme right will continue to pressure the government to build in the west bank. Palestinians aren't slaughtered on regular basis, but Palestinians do die during military operation vs Hamas when Hamas attacks Israel and during violent demonstrations. When an army and civilians mix, there are deaths, ask any army ever. Bibi got the same mandates as blue and white in the election in April.

You did not answer my question. Why does Israel continue to grab and steal more and more Palestinian land, continues to build illegal settlement and continue to elect Netanyahu who wants ALL Palestinian land to belong to Israel if they want a two state solution some day?

Last edited:

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS

They've been offered a state with severely redrawn borders that heavily favor Israel, come on now don't be dishonest.

You're gaslighting us with the idea that Israel has always been open to the two state solution. They have actively refused to accept a two state solution because Palestine wants it to be defined by pre Six Day War borders, something the rest of the world agrees with aside from Israel (and of course the US).

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There are over 5 million Palestinians in the West-Bank and the Gaza strip, there are 9 million Israelis. Do you know any country with its' right mind that will let a group the size of over 50% of its population to enter the country and get citizenship? Just take a look at how a country like Germany acts after they let in 900,000 refugees in, a refugee population which is1% of Germany's population, not over 50% like in Israel's case. On top of that, Israel and the Palestinians are at war for 100 years, not exactly the same as taking random refugees in. What Israel is asked to do is equivalent to Germany taking in 45 million people, does that makes sense?
This sounds like you are justifying a Jewish ethnostate

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
The same people would have done the same in south africa if they had a financially corrupt stake in the process. America's government is a dystopia

Seriously. We're beyond doomed at this point, looking over the issues on our plate at this point and how little hope we have of serious, meaningful efforts to stop them.

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
Democats: *Defends/supports Israel*

GOP: *Defends/supports Russia*

Would be nice if politicians in the USA would defend and support, you know...the USA.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I haven't said that all Arab parties support terrorism, but unlike you, I know Israeli politics. If you would have known Israeli politics, you would know that because the bar of entry into the Knesset in the past 5 years has raised to 4 mandates (actually 3.9 which will allow a 3 mandate party in if a very rare statistical anomaly will happen), all the Arab parties have come together and formed one big party called "United Arab List ". Because Balad, which is a very extreme movement (details about them in earlier parts of this post), is part of the United Arab List, no other party will sit with them in the coalition. There are actually some parties that the Israeli left would gladly sit with, parties like Hadash.
I was born, raised and spent most of my life in Israel, so yeah, I know Israeli politics, for example, I know that even before the threshold was raised, no Jewish party ever invited an Arab party to form a coalition with them, and in fact, no Jewish party have ever even signed a vote surplus agreement with an Arab party. And yeah, that includes Hadash. Knowing Israeli politics I also know that while the Arab parties are forced to run together, they operate independently once in the Knesset, not to mention that nothing prevents a Jewish party from inviting the Hadash members to coalition.

I suspect you know all of that too, so what are you doing here really?
Thing is, the Palestinians also need to compromise in order to achieve peace, for instance, the right of return (even though the BDS wants the right of return according to US resolution 194 which talks about either the right to return or get financial compensation instead which is achievable).
No one need to compromise in order to get human rights, that's a ridiculous notion. You don't need to give the Palestinians every last thing that they can possibly want, but you do need to give them basic human rights.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
ERA wouldn't really like it but there is definitely a gap for a party that is for personal responsibility, low taxes, small government, and the government staying the fuck out of peoples lives - libertarian light essentially. Republicans are too racist / christian for it, democrats are too spineless and big government solves everything for it. It'll happen sometime in the next decade or two, let by some billionaire populist (Ross Perot 2.0) as a reaction to a bad economy, global competition, lack of jobs, automation, etc.

The really interesting question is whether it would lead to or be the result of some sort of civil war.

There isn't *real* demand for this because conservative voters prefer the Republican party and are willing to turn a blind eye to its abuse of power so long as it doesn't slip into librul hands.