• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stellares

Oct 27, 2017
FWIW I agree with you. I'm about to put said poster on ignore, constantly makes my blood absolutely boil. Bless your non-bs approach to this whole topic. Someone Such as yourself with their heart completely in the right place gets fed up at the nonsense people are coming with and then ends up getting banned themselves. Don't agree with that at all

No kidding. Shocking that someone gas lighting up a storm about a politician committing rape would cause someone to be "hostile" in response.

So many people are really showing their ass about this case. Even some of the supposed strongest me too supporters are suddenly turning into master class victim blamers/deniers the minute the guy they like gets accused. Hard to think principles really exist.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No kidding. Shocking that someone gas lighting up a storm about a politician committing rape would cause someone to be "hostile" in response.

So many people are really showing their ass about this case. Even some of the supposed strongest me too supporters are suddenly turning into master class victim blamers/deniers the minute the guy they like gets accused. Hard to think principles really exist.

Yeah it's disgusting. Rape apologia is running amok. Everything is permitted as long as it's the right team doing it.

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017
FWIW I agree with you. I'm about to put said poster on ignore, constantly makes my blood absolutely boil. Bless your non-bs approach to this whole topic. Someone Such as yourself with their heart completely in the right place gets fed up at the nonsense people are coming with and then ends up getting banned themselves. Don't agree with that at all

My big worry with things like this is the kind of language we use on the forum can make it so that victims don't feel safe here.

When the Kavanaugh thing happened, we were 100% all in "fuck him" mode. Which makes sense, because we were all predisposed to believe the victim.

But with Biden, it's been a bit different and that sort of works as a litmus test for our values as a community. That's the whole reason "believe victims" exists—you can't pick and choose to be principled about sexual assault when it's convenient because that's how abuse replicates itself and is tolerated.

When that other OT (that's now locked, thank goodness) went up, I wasn't sure how to feel about it. Thinking about how difficult it is to stand up for yourself against a system that is literally showing us, in real time, how it defends itself in this very forum and on social media—we are seeing the narrative being built, and it's NOT always through denying the events.

Oftentimes, it's through semantics. Through "waiting" for evidence (AKA hoping it blows over). Through expecting the victim to have a perfect alibi. Through carefully crafted words that make the situation seem less bad than it is. Through "I'm not saying you should doubt her, but..."

The vocabulary and explanations used compared to people like Kavanaugh and Trump...it's different. Let's admit that it's difficult to be critical of people on "our side" but that's what makes it so much more important to stick to our principles—otherwise we fail past victims and we create the conditions for future victims to never come forward.

Last edited:

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
This is going to be a very important moment for America. #metoo had loads of traction and people are willing to drop it just so their guilty candidate can win the presidential election over the Orange moron, it says a lot about the character of many people.

I definitely feel like this will heavily damage the movement. I totally understand the predicament here but Americans have a tough choice to make. More of what Trump has done and will continue to do to possibly irreparable points or voting in a yet another rapist only this time while excusing his behaviour for the sake of other priorities. The latter of which likely tarnishing a lot of work many brave people had to stand up for to push through.

I mean, are there any real options here? People will be voting in an awful president one way or another come November.

Deleted member 8644

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is going to be a very important moment for America. #metoo had loads of traction and people are willing to drop it just so their guilty candidate can win the presidential election over the Orange moron, it says a lot about the character of many people.

I definitely feel like this will heavily damage the movement. I totally understand the predicament here but Americans have a tough choice to make. More of what Trump has done and will continue to do to possibly irreparable points or voting in a yet another rapist only this time while excusing his behaviour for the sake of other priorities. The latter of which likely tarnishing a lot of work many brave people had to stand up for to push through.

I mean, are there any real options here? People will be voting in an awful president one way or another come November.
The election is 6 fucking months from now and everyone is talking like they have to vote for Biden tomorrow. No one shrugging off rape accusations with "it's already done, oh well, gotta vota for Biden unless you love Trump" gave up so easily with Kavanaugh and other rapists.
You all are either total cowards or just don't give a shit when the rapist is on your side.

If you get rightfully outraged and exhausted at the general atmosphere here and snap at some guy who, in the context of this rape accusation, said he'd vote for Hitler over Trump and referred to rape accusations as "window dressing", you get banned because you weren't civil enough in the face of this incredibly disgusting behavior.
Fucking hell

Goat Mimicry

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's disgusting. Rape apologia is running amok. Everything is permitted as long as it's the right team doing it.

I've gone through 3 pages of Cheebo's post history and haven't found a thing that resembles what you and others have said. Where, specifically, are you getting these posts of his from?

Pointing out that the Franken accusation had photo evidence and multiple other accusations that fit the pattern of behavior established by the first one, that there is no real mechanism for the party to investigate someone who isn't currently in office, that the DNC itself doesn't investigate candidates, and that news outlets have vetting procedures before reporting stories that could leave them vulnerable to lawsuits - none of those are gaslighting or rape apologia, they are statements of fact.

I believe Reade and have said so before, but I don't see any reason to get mad at Cheebo here. I have yet to see anything from him that approaches a bad faith argument. The reality of some of the things he pointed out sucks, but don't shoot the messenger.

Last edited:

keku

Apr 23, 2019
This is messed up... Can't believe how Democrats bolstered Biden over Warren, Bernie or Yang