• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Well this is not a good look...
A few choice quotes below but more behind the link.

https://theintercept.com/2020/03/24/joe-biden-metoo-times-up/

After she saw an episode of the ABC show "The View," in which most of the panelists stood up for Biden and attacked Flores as politically motivated, Reade decided that she had no choice but to come forward and support Flores. She gave an interview to a local reporter, describing several instances in which Biden had behaved similarly toward her, inappropriately touching her during her early-'90s tenure in his Senate office.

By February, she learned from a new conversation with Time's Up, which also involved Director Sharyn Tejani, that no assistance could be provided because the person she was accusing, Biden, was a candidate for federal office, and assisting a case against him could jeopardize the organization's nonprofit status.

When reached for comment by The Intercept, Driscoll referred questions to a NWLC spokesperson, Maria Patrick, who said that the organization has legal constraints. "As a nonprofit 501(c)(3) charitable organization, the National Women's Law Center is restricted in how it can spend its funds, including restrictions that pertain to candidates running for election,"

Ruling out federal candidates marks as off-limits any member of Congress running for reelection, as well as President Donald Trump. Ellen Aprill, a professor of tax law at Loyola Law School in Los Angeles, said that Time's Up's analysis is too conservative, and the group wouldn't be putting its tax-exempt status at risk by taking a case involving a candidate for federal office as long as it followed its standard criteria for taking on cases.

As for influencing the election, Reade said that she was deeply conflicted about continuing to come forward, given that Biden's opponent in the general election is someone she sees as far worse politically. "I don't want to help Trump. But what can I do?" she said. "All I can do is stand on my truth."

[edit]
Explicit(!) Interview with Tara Reade in which she details the sexual assault.
https://soundcloud.com/katie-halper/joe-bidens-accuser-finally-tells-her-full-story

Last edited:

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
7 women? This man is a fucking predator, goddamn it all.

"not a good look" is understatement of the century.

Oct 25, 2017
"I can't believe republicans voted for Trump. Have they no morals?"
Guess we'll all be hypocrites come November.

Oct 27, 2017
Considering the way the country shrugged off Trump's allegations I doubt this amounts to anything. It'll mostly harm youth and leftist turnout and we're already a flaky bunch. Shame it couldn't have come up while the primaries were still active.

CrunchyB

Oct 29, 2017
Gross uncle Joe.
So is he still considered the more electable candidate? Fuck this timeline.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
It's going to be interesting when Biden stans come in here and say something like "Don't let perfect be the enemy of the Good" and how "Leftists should all still be enthused to vote for Biden".

Then again, I am just a mere non-American who saw the an entire establishment turn their back on the one man whose policies were diametrically opposed to the current despot-wanna be regime, in favour of pervy grandma Joe because he is not as bad as Trump and wishing for the pre-Trump status quo.

alexiswrite

Oct 27, 2017
This needs to be investigated. It sucks that we've reached a point in partisanship where people get attacked for basically being victims of politicians.

I remember something like this coming out in the primary early on and going nowhere

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
... but Trump is nominally worse, so it's ok and everyone should hold their nose and vote for him.
Nominally worse? I am not trying to at all to dismiss what the OP is about, but Trump has been in office and caused much suffering. He is most certainly worse, as much as it sucks to have to choose between these options.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
I'm still shocked that America chose this guy with his many flaws and fuck-ups over someone like Bernie.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still shocked that America chose this guy with his many flaws and fuck-ups over someone like Bernie.
Sanders had 0 change of beating trump. Nill. It's the easy. It's why people are voting for Biden even if he has a lot of flaws but when fucking trump is president, who has broken every single norm imaginable, that no longer matters.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Biden has 7 allegations Trump has 27. It's clear who's the morally better creep, you don't want 4 more years of Trump do ya!? At least Joe didn't decide to become a Democrat 5 minutes ago like some other candidates". /s

May 25, 2019
London

Do you know how often politics boils down to essentially, "I don't like that guy"?

Not his policies, not his party....the individual themselves.

People don't like Bernie. Find a new progressive standard bearer and rally around them. Or build a movement at the local and state government level so you don't have to pin all your hopes on one candidate

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Sanders had 0 change of beating trump. Nill. It's the easy. It's why people are voting for Biden even if he has a lot of flaws but when fucking trump is president, who has broken every single norm imaginable, that no longer matters.
If Biden is the best the Democrats can come up with maybe the party should call it a day?

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
The fucks wrong with even the Democrats? How did you guys choose this guy as your candidate?
Because the alternative was Sanders. An awful candidate who surrounds himself with even worse people. Honestly both Sanders and Biden should have stood down this year but this is what we have now. Also fuck the Intercept, not necessarily because of this story but rather because they are Russian propaganda.

Suicide King

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 months): mocking allegations of sexual harassment
Can't believe the most powerful man on Earth will be a sexual predator with dementia who is also dead. Wild.

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
If Biden is the best the Democrats can come up with maybe the party should call it a day?
Personally as someone who voted for Biden here in Florida (My candidate Liz was already out), this is the first time I have heard of these allegations. Honestly its a weird time for this sort of story to come up, because it will get drowned out by COVID-19 news and its not something that his opponent can't bring up in the general.

As far as the allegations, I need more information before making any sort of appropriate opinion on all of it. Still 6 months from the election. But at the end of the day, he will still get my vote because we will have no other choice in the General.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Deflecting from sexual harassment allegations, multiple prior severe bans across multiple topics.
Ryan Grim is a complete hack. The story isn't even actually about the allegation (which has been out there for quite some time), it's a story attempting to turn risk-averse lawyers representing a nonprofit into a conspiracy to protect Biden.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
The public relations firm that works on behalf of the Time's Up Legal Defense Fund is SKDKnickerbocker, whose managing director, Anita Dunn, is the top adviser to Biden's presidential campaign. A spokesperson for Biden declined to comment. The SKDK spokesperson assigned to Time's Up referred questions back to the NWLC.

WTF

Deleted member 38573

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Because the alternative was Sanders. An awful candidate who surrounds himself with even worse people. Honestly both Sanders and Biden should have stood down this year but this is what we have now. Also fuck the Intercept, not necessarily because of this story but rather because they are Russian propaganda.

lol all the greatest hits at once

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nov is going to be an unmitigated disaster. We're just moonwalkin from catastrophe to catastrophe.

Deleted member 431

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hillary?

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
"I can't believe republicans voted for Trump. Have they no morals?"
Guess we'll all be hypocrites come November.
I mean, I can't tell if you're being facetious but it should provide some perspective for those that don't understand the trump voter. I'm sure tons of people will know about this and hate Biden for it and for many other reasons, but still vote for him because they feel like there is no other option.

I'm sure that's how a lot of trump voters felt.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
It's going to be interesting when Biden stans come in here and say something like "Don't let perfect be the enemy of the Good" and how "Leftists should all still be enthused to vote for Biden".

Then again, I am just a mere non-American who saw the an entire establishment turn their back on the one man whose policies were diametrically opposed to the current despot-wanna be regime, in favour of pervy grandma Joe because he is not as bad as Trump and wishing for the pre-Trump status quo.

I mean many of us DID NOT vote for Biden in the prinary, but will vote for him this fall because he's not Trump and has the best chance to beat Trump. I think if this past week has shown us anything, the priority needs to be to get Trump out of office.

Jan 29, 2018
It's incredibly disappointing that this is the best the Democratic party could do. Why can't we just find a charismatic public servant under 70 years old who has never been creepy towards women?

Deleted member 8644

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wanna print and frame this post