• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who will be the TI8 champion?

• OG

Votes: 57 60.6%
  • PSG.LGD

Votes: 37 39.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
You're mistaken:
"If there is a tie along the Upper and Lower Bracket divider or between the lower bracket and elimination divider, more games will be played."

Odd. I think TI has always been like that now that I think about it. They scheduled less matches on the final day specifically to deal with tie breakers.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
dafuq, how did VG beat VP 2-0? i'll have to check those games out later.

also, who do you think ends up 3/4 in group B, and who do you think liquid picks to face in upperbracket

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what_year_is_it.jpg

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
am i looking at this right
any of optic, newbee, pain, serenity are in danger of elimination?

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
optic is now guaranteed at least lower bracket i think

pajkatt so good

e. also if they win their next game and newbee loses either game vs secret optic is upper bracket

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't seen any other VSJ.S game but they are honestly looking really bad and they are not playing to the strength of their lineup at all

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't seen any other VSJ.S game but they are honestly looking really bad and they are not playing to the strength of their lineup at all
they largely crushed their group, have already secured the #1 seed, and at this point i doubt they're trying all that hard

plus VP is still a very strong team and highly motivated since this is their upper bracket placement on the line

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
If Newbee wins another one against Secret there'll be a 3 way tie for the last 2 upper bracket spots. So there would be tie breakers between them, Secret, and whoever wins Optic vs VG

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
I don't think having a second coach is that big of a deal. Plenty of teams draft with 0 coaches and it doesn't seem to negatively effect them.