• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Van

Oct 25, 2017
The granddaddy of all conspiracy theories has re-emerged in the American psyche with the planned release of the National Archives's final trove of records about the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

Kennedy's death on Nov. 22, 1963, and the numerous investigations that followed were simultaneously some of the most secretive and public events in modern history.

The last of the sealed government papers relating to the assassination are expected to be made public by Thursday, after President Trump announced last week that he would not block their release.

Government agencies, Hollywood big shots and amateur sleuths have floated theories of what happened to Kennedy: a plot by Cold War adversaries like Cuba and the Soviet Union; an elaborate mafia-backed hit; a covert federal government coup. And it's been going on for over 50 years.

The files will be released tomorrow, dont kno what time
Link:https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/25/us/jfk-assassination-files-questions.html

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was Courtney Love the whole time.

I hope this will actually be interesting. At the very least I'd like to know what they thought the public couldn't handle.

passepied joe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would be kinda funny if the conspiracy theory that he was shot cause an SS agent accidentally fired his gun cause he had a misstep was true.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just expect that there will be names crossed out in Crayon and Rafael Cruz's name scribbled in.

L8FJ8lM.jpg

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
Forgot this was happening in a few hours. Time to see the incompetence of the CIA/FBI on display.
Yep.

To be honest, many historians will probably highlight how curious is that the CIA was this incompetent after Kennedy said he wanted to burn the Agency and throw the ashes into the air. I don't think there was any conspiracy, but damn if Kennedy's opinion of the intelligence community wasn't validated after decades of propped up dictatorships and other operations that cost millions and lives.

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Keeping my eyes on this thread and those sweet, sweet files. I assume most of it will be redacted though. Anything extremely juicy was most likely destroyed in a shredder somewhere.

Not that I'm convinced that this particular conspiracy has any weight.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
The only two possibilities I see being true:

1 - The official story is 100% true

2 - The theory that Oswald's bullet would have left Kennedy technically alive but still brain dead, and the killing bullet came from a secret service agent tripping while trying to return fire.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
He's going to give a press conference just before the release saying Ted Cruz's dad shot and killed Kennedy. Just watch.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
My guess is organizational sharing policy prevented them from scooping up Oswald prior to the assassination.

The CIA may have doing Ops domestically on Oswald outside of their jurisdiction and they hid this from the public in the wake of how the pieces could be connected after the fact.

If it's anything involving the CIA being okay with it, or some kind of retribution, which I seriously doubt, then history books will talk about how a Coup in the United States changed the world in 1963. It would have serious impact on intelligence agencies in the USA.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm willing to bet it will be a big nothing burger, and that nothing will make the conspiracy theorists think any different.

Deleted member 2379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As far as the actual shooting it's hard not to watch this and feel satisfied that Oswald did it.

https://youtu.be/PfSXkfV_mhA

Now, who might have put him up to it is a different story and conspiracy may be afoot there, but I'm not sure we'll ever know.

Proponents of the magic bullet theory are just the same as the moon landing nuts, facts don't matter.

crimzonflame

Oct 25, 2017
We're talking about a crime. You must think on a different level, like the CIA does. We're through the looking glass. White is black. And black is white. Maybe Oswald is just what he said he was. A patsy.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
im sorry guys, it was actually me who done it. I was the conspiracy all along.

sry agian

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda hope something nuts is revealed that not even the craziest of conspiracy theorists thought of but reality is often mundane so nothing will really be there.

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So glad Reset opened in time for this...this is going to be good. Or not but shit lol I'm waiting with bated breath.

giphy.gif

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
@Acosta

WH just held a conference call with reporters explaining some JFK files will remain redacted for 180 days for agency review.

Of course this was gonna happen

KelticNight

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump's releasing some, but not all files.

It would seem someone still has something to hide after all these years...

Game2Death

Oct 25, 2017
I had a gut feeling everything wasn't going to be released. Trump will just listen to whoever said he's smart to do "blank" last.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well, so much for that. Time to wait another 180 days, then another 180 days, then another 180 days...

Oct 25, 2017
There's a brilliant irony: Trump himself has previously taken part in conspiracy/cover up talk, then becomes President, authorises the release of the remaining JFK files, but then withholds some last sensitive documents.

Conspiracy lovers will be going nuts over this.

Oct 25, 2017
There's a brilliant irony: Trump himself has previously taken part in conspiracy/cover up talk, then becomes President, authorises the release of the remaining JFK files, but then withholds some last sensitive documents.

Conspiracy lovers will be going nuts over this.

They will, but the reality is he thought releasing these files would be an easy positive story so he made a bluster about it, and as you'd expect from him, completely ignoring that the intelligence agencies would want some oversight

Trump Sr. was the Grassy Knoll

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope this will actually be interesting. At the very least I'd like to know what they thought the public couldn't handle.

I imagine it's more about covering up some monumental fuck up on the part of one of the government agencies, rather than the public not being able to "handle the Truth".

Indeed.

This is a pretty shrewd move on Trump's part. Not only does he get to cater to his vanity by being the "good guy" and forever attaching himself to one of the US's most enduring mysteries, but he also has a pretty huge Kansas City Shuffle he can whip out of his back pocket should he need it.

Bdub79

Oct 25, 2017
You know, I've often wondered about this. I'm not a conspiracy nut by any means but all the hiding of evidence makes me ponder the whole situation.

Starlite

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm also pretty interested about what they're withholding. I don't have any thoughts of conspiracy, but I'm curious as to what pressing dangers to national security or foreign affairs there are in a document this old.

Last edited:

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
You know, I've often wondered about this. I'm not a conspiracy nut by any means but all the hiding of evidence makes me ponder the whole situation.
I think it's going to be the simplest explanation...... incompetence from FBI and CIA. Probably be another 6 months though before we see the depths of that