• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018

FrankAdorableCollardlizard-max-1mb.gif

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
A "kingdom hearts is silly!" video? Very creative Jim. Especially when you admit you have barely played the series.

I usually agree with Jim, but just pointing out that the series is silly through basic observations and trying to relay an info dump summary of the plot of a franchise stretched over 17 years is the most unoriginal thing he could have done this week.

It means nothing to the people actually invested in a complex mythos of lore. Its like trying to say Star Wars is silly. You could say that, but...

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
GIVE IN TO DAWKNESS

(I like KH but it's hard to disagree with the title of the video, the amount of time and investment you need in order to understand the story is significant)

A "kingdom hearts is silly!" video? Very creative Jim. Especially when you admit you have barely played the series.

Not that one shouldn't be informed, but I make fun of Housewives of Beverly Hills or whatever all the time and I think I've watched one episode.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can I get a summary? Does he actually have a point or is it just another person with no interest in the series going on about how confusing the story is?

I honestly don't care if you don't like KH but I'm getting a little annoyed that everyone apparently needs to make an essay about it.

Most KH fans either like the story or the gameplay and most accept that the plot has gotten rather convoluted. You're not telling us anything we don't already know. So half the time videos like that just feel like there for people who already hate the series.

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I sense no lies here - going by the old games they are some of the worst jibberish i have ever seen

In any media

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Man, everyone's jumping in to talk about the same old thing. Even AVGN did an episode about KH. I love the games but I agree.

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
the intro was very funny. But I couldn't watch past that for fear of spoilers. Skimmed through it and doesn't seem like a review of KH3, criticizes everything wrong with the franchise and its story telling even us fans knew about, so I'm cool with it.

Kyora90

Apr 15, 2018
Man, everyone's jumping in to talk about the same old thing. Even AVGN did an episode about KH. I love the games but I agree.
Because it's true, and people are noticing that more since 3 is coming out and everyone realized how many spin-offs about Darkness( Darkness?) the series has.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Man paid to be angry is angry about game series he doesn't like. News at eleven.

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
So...? 🤷🏻‍♀️

I got lambasted here last year for declaring nobody understood Kingdom Hearts' story.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Jim...
Trashing KH?

What could posdibly go wrong ?

;)

Hoping I can watch the video at lunch break.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hahahahaha can't say I disagree. The series creates a dichotomy, however, since the combat in KH1 and especially 2 is so great. So fun stupid gibberish it is.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Getting tired of all these hot takes on the Kingdom Hearts series from people who the series clearly isn't for and never resonated with over the last 17 years. Why do they feel the need to remind everyone of their feelings on it every few years instead of just ignoring it?

Deleted member 28076

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I have no problem with enjoying stories that are wacky, outlandish, and needlessly complex, but usually that's because they're tongue in cheek and goofy, and even when they aren't they have genuine emotional gravitas to it.

Kingdom Hearts takes itself completely seriously all the way through. There's good gibberish out there. KH is bad gibberish.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Always on time that Jim. Certainly not beating a dead horse and trying to milk the trend of people making videos about KH story being dumb gibberish.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
He's only missing a RDR2 is boring video for the full """""hot takes""""" set.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017

I usually agree with Jim, but just pointing out that the series is silly through basic observations and trying to relay an info dump summary of the plot of a franchise stretched over 17 years is the most unoriginal thing he could have done this week.

It means nothing to the people actually invested in a complex mythos of lore. Its like trying to say Star Wars is silly. You could say that, but...

people "usually agree" with Jim until he makes the usual "hate video" on your favorite game, I just got tired of the persona, constant nagging and negativity.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
He's right. I don't like the games myself. FF13 did the same thing to me with such a mess of a story I just couldn't get into it at all. I'm not even all about story usually but when it is so bad and the dialogue is so bad I just can't.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I dont think Jim is wrong...about many of his points, but like...you can pretty much say the same about anything people like if you distill them down. If the fans like it, why just he take this time to be a click baiter and simply dunk on it for low hanging fruit clicks when it should be a happy time almost 14 years in the making for people who actually care? It just rubs me the wrong way.

If you think KH is dumb enough that you dont care about it, fine, dont engage.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Its so fucking dumb it is hard to disagree. But if for some reason you are invested I doubt you care about the criticisms. These games are basically for fans at this point.

Oct 25, 2017

Tee hee

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I mean one thing he says is just kinda funny in that he has the idea that the Disney ARPG is now a tired idea because of how many games there have been and it's taken some of the wind from KH3s sails.

Like we all know it will be the best selling KH ever and as of now it's the best reviewed. The game has incredible momentum as is.

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Because it's true, and people are noticing that more since 3 is coming out and everyone realized how many spin-offs about Darkness( Darkness?) the series has.
I am not disagreeing at all, KH storyline is garbage, just commenting how everyone wants a piece of the pie and it's getting old since we're just seeing the same argument over and over

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's okay, the Zelda timeline is also stupid gibberish but I love the series just the same.