• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
Only $4000 In video explain why he needs the money.

Video in the link as well HILARIOUS and well explained.
About

If you've seen The Departed, you know it's a great Scorsese film. The movie follows a Boston gang member and a Massachusetts police officer who both go undercover to undermine the other's organization, and things get complicated when both groups realize they have a rat in their midst. The script is phenomenal, and the actors give it their all, clearly excited to be in a Scorsese gangster movie.
Unfortunately The Departed has one huge problem. The movie ends with the painfully on the nose metaphor of an ACTUAL RAT crawling across screen.
It's symbolism. Get it?
It's always bothered me that a movie as good as The Departed has such a cheesy ending, and I recently realized it could be fixed by digitally erasing the rat from the last shot.
But digital effects are not cheap, which is why I'm here on Kickstarter trying to raise $4,000 dollars. $4,000 dollars may sound like a lot of money, so let me break down the costs for each of the nine steps in this process.
/quote]

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/adamsacks/digitally-erase-the-rat-from-the-end-of-the-depart

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
hqdefault.jpg

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
i just watched this again on sunday and yeah that was super dorky

also probably my least favorite scorcese movie overall that i have seen

wait no just kidding i've seen gangs of new york

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ok that's really funny

but his budget is whack. i could do this in After Effects in 2 days.

i'm sort of thinking of taking a crack at it just for funsies. it's not a hard job, honestly. but I wouldn't be doing all the jokey things like printing it back to film

it's a really funny joke though, i like how he carefully enumerated all these silly steps. "I also need a black sharpie"

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017
Hey I supported the fan edit to the ending of The Mist... in spirit. The guy even sent you a modified DVD if you sent him proof of purchase of the movie for a while.

I didn't buy one.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017

I agree that GoNY is overrated. Still not as bad as Bring out the Dead or whatever that Nicolas Cage ambulance movie was. No thank you!

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

guessing you mighta missed Shutter Island?

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
ok that's really funny

but his budget is whack. i could do this in After Effects in 2 days.

i'm sort of thinking of taking a crack at it just for funsies. it's not a hard job, honestly. but I wouldn't be doing all the jokey things like printing it back to film

it's a really funny joke though, i like how he carefully enumerated all these silly steps. "I also need a black sharpie"
looking at that shot it should only be half a day at most, then again it's basically my job.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Just watch the original, Infernal Affairs. And don't watch the Mainland Chinese version, which is also a cheesy on-the-nose bad-guys-never-get-away-because-rawr-chinese-government-is-awesome version.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
This could be banged out on Photoshop in less than a week lol I'd do it for $500.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
well then you know, you always estimate a bit high 😛
yup yup cause something will most likely go wrong and or the tracker will just not work and make my life a pain in the ass plus the client needs to realize that while it can be easy and quick it wont always be like that and expectations need to be set accordingly.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Just watch the original, Infernal Affairs. And don't watch the Mainland Chinese version, which is also a cheesy on-the-nose bad-guys-never-get-away-because-rawr-chinese-government-is-awesome version.
Was going to say that they should just do away with the Departed's entire ham fisted "crime doesn't pay" ending, but I had no idea that the original had its own version in a different cut.

Gifmaker

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Gimme 3000, I'll do it in 2 hours. That's 20 bucks for my work time and 2980 bucks for my jail time because I'd definitely just gonna torrent this and reuploaded to the internet afterwards.

Vinnie20

Banned
Dec 23, 2018
It's just matter of fans using their money to cast a vote. I am sure somebody will do it for free.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
Step 1: I need $18.91 to buy a Blu-ray of The Departed. I could probably find it on BitTorrent, but I think it's important to support the filmmakers and studio, and not break the law.

Step 2: I need $141.54 to buy a Blu-ray player because these days I only stream movies online.

these two lines killed me lmao