• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot_20190612-2247322.png

First PV:

Official site:

Twitter:
(@KOFG_info): https://twitter.com/KOFG_info?s=09

Dengeki Article with more details:

The synopsis seems to be that you are a woman who became bankrupt losing her home and job at the same time. You then find a job as a manager at a training facility, you will first meet Kyo Kusanagi who is participating in the King of Fighters. It seems that you manage the KoF invitees.

Characters revealed so far, (you play as the woman in the pic):
Screenshot_20190612-2246102.png

Nagi is the tournament organiser, Yomi is Nagi's Subordinate:

y_5d01015733ccf.jpg

The main artist is Kuren:

20190612-info-starting-01.png

According to Famitsu, the game has a planned Summer release in 2019.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Lol at Goro being replaced by Shingo.

I mean, technically this is a win since they already had dating games with the female characters, but...

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I approach Geese Howard for a loving embrace, my heart thumping intensely. As he leans his face into my ear, I blush. He whispers "predictabo". I get flipped and break my spine.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
'Why isn't there a King of Fighters for boys, huh?' - Some dude on Twitter right now, probably

That name is straight garbage.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Came into the thread thinking there's no way that's the actual name. Huh.

Super excited for when they add the main character to the mainline game like they did with the pachinko girls

Edit: Iori would probably play this game.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
For what it's worth, 'otome' more or less translates to 'girl game'.

Yeah but genre names have always been shit.

That does not excuse to say you have a shit name if you put metroidvania in the name of your metroidvania =P
...and that is ignoring ALL THE OTHER IMPLICATIONS of the name.

But it is present day SNK so I don't know why I expected better

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I get the idea, but they could've come up with a better name. "The King of Fighters: Ikemen" or something like that I guess. Though I see there are 2 (or 1) female characters, so maybe they were considering lesbians and bisexual girls as well?
Edit: Oh nvm, you play as that woman. Lol well, my suggested title might've been better, right?

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but genre names have always been shit.

That does not excuse to say you have a shit name if you put metroidvania in the name of your metroidvania =P
...and that is ignoring ALL THE OTHER IMPLICATIONS of the name.

But it is present day SNK so I don't know why I expected better

Nah, shoehorning a whole sex into a genre has never been a good thing. And in extension of that, neither is writing male gay relationship stories catering to the fetish of some members of that sex. I just thought the post was asking a funny question the literal translation of the genre considered. 'For girls' shouldn't stop him.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nice that SnK coming back to otome market but where is Ash? Rock? Or Alba???

dom4-23.png

images

images

Also... i like the previous girl Mc design more than this new one.