• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Saikyo

Oct 25, 2017
Weird that they just needed to use the old "Days of memories" and not do a new IP, its a estabilished brand and you dont need to focus just on KOF lol.

Who is the new blonde guy? Dont tell me its "young geese"...

May 13, 2019
'Why isn't there a King of Fighters for boys, huh?' - Some dude on Twitter right now, probably

That name is straight garbage.
Uhh...

snk.fandom.com

Days of Memories

Days of Memories (デイズ オブ メモリーズ) is the first of three Nintendo DS games that adapts the mobile love simulation Days of Memories series originally released for i-mode's SNK World-i site. It encompasses the first three games in the series: Days of Memories ~Boku to Kanojo no Atsui Natsu~, Days of...

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
I feel similar about this, as I feel about that Sindey Commericial that comes up for IGN Merch during E3: It's a silly play on actual existing ideas, that sounds incredibly stupid out of context.

Engrish is fun, too. It's like they tried so hard to get it right, but butchered it anyway.

Anywho, definitely not the target for this (not a girl, lol), but between the Iori Isekai and this, I think it's... interesting to see the bad boy getting so much time to shine as a "person". Imagine if this actaully changed perception of him, or made him a more sympathetic, lovable guy...

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have two issues with this game

First off, what the hell is that name, don't they know that there are gay/lesbian people?

Second of all where the hell is Geese fricking Howard?!?

I mean damn, I don't play much otome unless it is entertaining because it is not targeted at me (straight male) but I would have bought it for Geese because that would have been amusing and badass as hell.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Umm..... guys KoF for boys had enough title lol.

Days of Memories literally had 5 title of dating sims game for Boys. Let the otome fans enjoy something lol.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Mai already had 3 games lol.

images

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I was considering giving the TC a light ribbing for the name of their thread, then I realized that is actually the name of the game. That is its real name. Jeez...

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Who the hell are the two people next to billy? Where's yamazaki and yashiro?
also if this KoF is for GIRLS (not "girls" get it right you people!) and there's still no KoF for BOYS all the other games were made for whom? Dogs? Aliens?

Last edited:

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I assume the name is an ignorant direct translation of King of Fighters Otome lol

It became worse when I realized that its a management sim, which sounds fun on its own, but seems to imply that a fighting game for girls has no fighting gameplay lol

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
I can see the commercial with the little sister watching her brother play King of Fighters, wishing she could play.

Oh, but now you can! Introducing King of Fighters for Girls!

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Fun story, the designs of Kyo and Iori where 100% aiming towards the female audience, specially those who were into Yaoi, even today in Japan KOF has a bigger female fanbase compared to other games from the genre with the same scale

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I assume the name is an ignorant direct translation of King of Fighters Otome lol

It became worse when I realized that its a management sim, which sounds fun on its own, but seems to imply that a fighting game for girls has no fighting gameplay lol

Umm... tokimeki memorial Girls Side exist there. This type of game had already exist since the advent of gaming industry lol. Not sure whats with the reaction here?

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Umm... tokimeki memorial Girls Side exist there. This type of game had already exist since the advent of gaming industry lol. Not sure whats with the reaction here?
The issue here is that they gendered the name. I can bet that there are dudes that would want to play a game like this to date one of the boys.

There is also the fact it implies women cannot play fighting game because it is a "boy" thing.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
guess i'll have to wait for 'KING OF FIGHTERS for THE REST' so i can date goro, yamazaki, choi, chin, chang and rugal...

speaking of chin and chang its weird that they havent added Kim to this one. guess being korean makes him ugly to japan

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The issue here is that they gendered the name. I can bet that there are dudes that would want to play a game like this to date one of the boys.

There also the fact it implies women cannot play fighting game because it is a "boy" thing.

You are reading too deep for things that dont exist. No one said that boys is not allowed to play the game just like how TokiMemo girls side also can be played by any males if they want to. And u are just reaching in terms of girls not allowed to play fighting game especially when this dating sims genre is provided by SnK for both gender in their previous title.

Hell, this simple title is much better than previous Days of Memories otome game title which is " His and My Hot Summer Memories"

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

I just think the "for girls" is poor naming. It implies if youre a girl and interested in king of fighters you should play this game! The one without fighting!

The game sounds fun and I like the concept but I feel the name sends the wrong message.

Oct 30, 2017
The game description made me realize how much I want to play some kind of Street Fighter Manager game, where I trade Ryu for Sagat and aquire sponsors and what not.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You are reading too deep for things that dont exist. No one said that boys is not allowed to play the game just like how TokiMemo girls side also can be played by any males if they want to. And u are just reaching in terms of girls not allowed to play fighting game especially when this dating sims genre is provided by SnK for both gender in their previous title.

Hell, this simple title is much better than previous Days of Memories otome game title which is " His and My Hot Summer Memories"
Actually they very much exist. The idea of gendered marketing exist and you should read about it. There is a reason why there is a belief that "pink/Barbie dolls is for girls and blue/cars/action games are for boys" that is still popular to this day. It is because of gendered marketing like this game right here.

Gendered names are a bad thing, especially this one because it also ignores that gay people exist.

Baby Bird

Nov 5, 2017
Could've been called "The King of Fighters for People who Like All Sorts of Pretty Dudes", and it would still be a better name.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just think the "for girls" is poor naming. It implies if youre a girl and interested in king of fighters you should play this game! The one without fighting!

The game sounds fun and I like the concept but I feel the name sends the wrong message.

Probably because i have played many of these type of otome game since some times in jp language, it never seems to paint the game with such malicious intention.

It also need to be understand that Japanese usage of English is never going to be pitch point perfect as they are not used to using English other than it looks cool.

Billy Awesomo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
New York, New York
Well Actually SNK did make a Days of Memories for girls for people who like beautiful men titled Days of Memories 〜彼と私の熱い夏〜 for the DS I think, so if it's a dating sim it's not going to be the first guys version of a dating sim they've made before.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Actually they very much exist. The idea of gendered marketing exist and you should read about it. There is a reason why there is a belief that "pink/Barbie dolls is for girls and blue/cars/action games are for boys" that is still popular to this day. It is because of gendered marketing like this game right here.

Gendered names are a bad thing, especially this one because it also ignores that gay people exist.

I mean. This is a fighting game which highly focuses on male market there. They title like for girls is literally to tell to its potential customer that this is the otome game that KoF fanbase would want to try if u like those husbando from KoF lore.

I just dont see how that naming alone is so troublematic. And again. No one said that male is not allowed to play the game here. I played Girl side and that had the gender plastered there at front.