• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
I mean. This is a fighting game which highly focuses on male market there. They title like for girls is literally to tell to its potential customer that this is the otome game that KoF fanbase would want to try if u like those husbando from KoF lore.

I just dont see how that naming alone is so troublematic. And again. No one said that male is not allowed to play the game here. I played Girl side and that had the gender plastered there at front.
As I said, read up on the gendered marketing. It is why we had the whole gamegate nonesense to begin with. The fact games are being gendered is the one thing that gave birth to the many different issues we have in gaming that make women feel unwelcome.

And this particular game doesn't do itself any favour with this name because it A) forgets that gay men exist and might be I tweeted in dating guys from the SNK universe and B) makes the mainline game feel as if it is made for boys when the series should make everyone feel welcome to play it, regardless of who they are or what gender they are.

Hounds

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, terrible title aside, if this is a dating game then why is Bao there? That's a child.

SoldnerKei

Oct 26, 2017
ha! take that SNK Heroines haters, girls can be horny too! /s

not gonna lie, this is pretty awesome, also I had no idea Maeno voiced Kyo despite playing KoFXIV regularly lol

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
The art is pretty. Should've called it Days of Memories 4 or something along those lines. That game title is a total yikes

Razor Mom

Jan 2, 2018
United Kingdom
iknow-what-the-ladies-like-sgt-johnson-halo-ready-gif-12096052.gif

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
That game name... some devs are truly clueless to what's going on in the world these days. The game concept itself, sure. Not my cup of tea but some people are into it so why not.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Name is, yikes, but i guess it's fair they balance out the fanservice for people who are into men after SNK Heroines was fanservice for people who are into women.

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
SNK finally remembered who actually paid their bills after trying to cater to guys so long, lol.

Just one problem, is MC gonna be Ms. Steal Yo Man if she goes for Kyo or Iori, as both already have girlfriends? XD

Deleted member 22405

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If I can't take Geese to the new place down the block so he can look into my eyes and say I'm being unpredictable, then this game is shit.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
But now it comes,
and here we go.
KOF is here again.
Nothing's gonna stop it 'cause it's time to date

Name of the game is odd, but other than that seems like a very SNK thing to do.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hm...I really find that game title bad and tone-deaf for multiple reasons...

Last edited:

HiOliver

May 11, 2019
It seems silly to assume women wouldn't like this game. No girl is complaining about the game, it's just men on here and twitter. So yes, it is not a good title, but SNK knows it's market. DOAX is marketed torwards straight males, but the women that enjoy DOA (myself included) do not have an issue with the series. We still play it. Girls played Pokemon back when it didn't have a female-avatar selection. Guys can still play KOFG. Hell, guys can even use things marketed for women in real life as well. It doesn't change anything, it's marketing for an intended audience because I doubt many straight guys (the core of SNK fighters) would want to play this game.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
How about KoF for Boys vs KoF for Girls?

Wait, that's just normal KoF.