• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Loona

Oct 29, 2017
If you date Andy, do you have to fight off attempts on your life by Mai?

Good point, Andy's route must be the toughest in the game - getting stalked by a clingy jealous ninja trained from birth by a family of ninjas would be pretty tense.

The game could do with a better title like The Prince of Fighters, but hey, I've been playing SNK fighting games for the story for years, I'd gladly play another genre if it fleshed out the characters further even if I'm not the target audience.
If they eventually translate it...

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
SNK finally remembered who actually paid their bills after trying to cater to guys so long, lol.

Just one problem, is MC gonna be Ms. Steal Yo Man if she goes for Kyo or Iori, as both already have girlfriends? XD

In previous Days of Memories, yup. U are literally stealing someone boyfriend. Like if u choose K' u steal him from Kula lol.

It seems silly to assume women wouldn't like this game. No girl is complaining about the game, it's just men on here and twitter. So yes, it is not a good title, but SNK knows it's market. DOAX is marketed torwards straight males, but the women that enjoy DOA (myself included) do not have an issue with the series. We still play it. Girls played Pokemon back when it didn't have a female-avatar selection. Guys can still play KOFG. Hell, guys can even use things marketed for women in real life as well. It doesn't change anything, it's marketing for an intended audience because I doubt many straight guys (the core of SNK fighters) would want to play this game.

It is probably just some western point of view there so i just accept maybe there is something wrong with the title there for them when i literally have seen this titleing use like forever for otome game genre lol.

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
In previous Days of Memories, yup. U are literally stealing someone boyfriend. Like if u choose K' u steal him from Kula lol.

It is probably just some western point of view there so i just accept maybe there is something wrong with the title there for them when i literally have seen this titleing use like forever for otome game genre lol.

Well in K's case he's not with Kula, she's "little sister" to him and he pretty much hates everyone lol.

Kyo has canonically been with Yuki since KOF '95 (the only reason Athena didn't go for him, she's buddies with Yuki) and Iori's had his off-screen GF nearly as long, that's jacked up if you can run interference, haha.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
It's illegal for boys to play this game, stores are told to call the cops on any male attempting to buy this game.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
The synopsis seems to be that you are a woman who became bankrupt losing her home and job at the same time. You then find a job as a manager at a training facility, you will first meet Kyo Kusanagi who is participating in the King of Fighters. It seems that you manage the KoF invitees.

brb declaring bankruptcy

TheSyldat

Banned
Nov 4, 2018
Outside of the stupid name I must say I'm thouroughly disappointed.

I expected something akin to SNK Heroines but this time around with the male characters and having them in all kinds of hot sexy outfits and taking all kinds of Bishi poses ...

Guess our thirst isn't worth the same kind of efforts .

And I'm a visual novel / dating sim enthusiast okay I'm not saying this because "it's just pictures and text" , it's just that ... am I really the only one thinking "Hey SNK given you seem completely fine selling us a game with T&A just for the sole pleasure of T&A with the ladies how about you put that same amount of efforts of Dongs and Ass for the sake of it with the male ones ? Hmmmm ?"

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
On the title, I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt because of the language barrier. The implication that normal King of Fighters isn't "for GIRLS" is not something I would expect the game's target audience to pick up on.

As another example, the image ad says "project launch for maiden-!", and I don't think that women from most English-speaking countries would identify themselves as "maidens". There's clearly a difference between what these English words mean to us and what they mean to a Japanese person who knows some English on the side.

That said, I think people are 100% justified in disliking the title. Just pointing out that it probably sounds different to the devs.

Last edited:

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck this for being so needlessly gendered

Is it so hard to make an otome game with a pronoun switch

Deleted member 32615

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Finally! Girls keep complaining that they can't play KOF because of it doesn't have the tagline "for Girls" this is the game for them!