• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Man the button hold trick is like night and day for my play. I already rocked K' but I was raw dog doing all his Ein trigger cancels this whole time. Goin qcf+HP into fwd+LK all the time at a rapid pace. Now I just QCF and hold the forward input and tap HP LK and fireball at a relaxed pace. Its made me cleaner at changing up Ein trigger cancels into the kick or punch should I read jump in or backhops. Canceling into super with K' is stupid quick now too. With anyone honestly. I input it mid combo and it just comes the fuck out buffered.

Just so much fuckin easier to do stuff now. Any tips veteran folks on who abuses this input hold stuff the most in combos? I'd like to refeel out some past cast I passed over for others throughout the years in case they click harder now that I got a handle on button holding to get shortcuts.

Kufkah

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 26, 2017
Surprised you just found out about the KoF hold trick now shaowebb! A lot of the combos we see in XI, XIII or XIV competitive matches wouldn't be practical without it!

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised you just found out about the KoF hold trick now shaowebb! A lot of the combos we see in XI, XIII or XIV competitive matches wouldn't be practical without it!
I was never practical playing the game I just loved it as a series. You shoulda seen my old K'/VIce/ Ex Kyo stuff on KOF 13 without knowing anyshortcuts lol. Man I was working the shit outta those sticks.
Plus till recently I was super spread across titles. From the moment I left UMVC3 in its first year upon seeing what it was turning into I made it a point to try and experience as many fighters as I could to study what each had to offer in the genre. Holy crap did the genre blow up too. I ended up feeling like a fighting game archivist after awhile. Researching, studying, testing, exploring. The anime fighters especially pumped out a buttload of things and kept me busy. Never left me too long with any one title as I'd circle them each trying to put time in around college, work and at the time a personnel game project that I put on hold recently due to career stuff. Plus I just never could stop working on TVC.

I was pretty distracted lol.

So glad to come back to KOF learning cleaner input technique. Currently I play it and DBFZ and I'm just waiting on Arcana Heart Six Stars to get its dlc to bother. That means for the first time in a long while I'm down to two. Just always been to fascinated with game design and I get easily pulled to check out stuff. Harder to keep up now with a career.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I still don't know if buy the dlc or not, I don't have much time for FG, but I really want to pull some oswald combos

stn

Oct 28, 2017
I know it depends on spacing and the opponent's fastest attack, but on average how punishable is an attack that's -3 or -4 on block? I'm trying to get a sense of "safety" in this game compared to Street Fighter. Thanks.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Man the button hold trick is like night and day for my play. I already rocked K' but I was raw dog doing all his Ein trigger cancels this whole time. Goin qcf+HP into fwd+LK all the time at a rapid pace. Now I just QCF and hold the forward input and tap HP LK and fireball at a relaxed pace. Its made me cleaner at changing up Ein trigger cancels into the kick or punch should I read jump in or backhops. Canceling into super with K' is stupid quick now too. With anyone honestly. I input it mid combo and it just comes the fuck out buffered.

Just so much fuckin easier to do stuff now. Any tips veteran folks on who abuses this input hold stuff the most in combos? I'd like to refeel out some past cast I passed over for others throughout the years in case they click harder now that I got a handle on button holding to get shortcuts.

Woah I never heard of this. Any guides on this trick?

Raidou

Oct 25, 2017
so on PS4 the bundle dos not include all the DLC dos it ?

cant seem to access everything
The Special Edition was released last year so it comes with everything but the new DLC.

I know it depends on spacing and the opponent's fastest attack, but on average how punishable is an attack that's -3 or -4 on block? I'm trying to get a sense of "safety" in this game compared to Street Fighter. Thanks.
-3 I would say it's hard to punish depending on pushback and blockstun, -4 is doable but still hard.

Last edited:

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Xiaohai vs. GXBridget: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lpVHbxp8cM

I think this is the first time they have played since 3.0 hit.

GXBridget showcasing how good Najd is on point, he also made full use of Najd's counter into drop kick cancel. I don't think I've seen anyone shutdown Xiaohai's Kula like this before.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
I've been using a mix of Terry, Love, Athena, Rock, and Andy. Are there any other characters that are very easy to pick up and play? I want to try some new characters out but don't have the time to lab constantly. Thanks.

Raidou

Oct 25, 2017

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been using a mix of Terry, Love, Athena, Rock, and Andy. Are there any other characters that are very easy to pick up and play? I want to try some new characters out but don't have the time to lab constantly. Thanks.

Kula, Iori, King, Alice, Mai, Robert and Ryo.

She's really scary after 10 seconds and her rekkas are way better than I thought..

Agreed, the first hit of the rekkas can act as an anti-air as well. And her counters are pretty much the best in the game thanks to the dropkick cancel.

She can basically start dishing out big damage before either character even builds one power meter.

Her play style came together surprisingly well overall.

Oct 29, 2017
Top 8 KVO character rates

>3 Najd
>3 Heidern
>3 Mature
>2 K'
>2 Shun'ei
>2 Athena
>1 Kula
>1 Iori
>1 Benimaru
>1 Leona
>1 Vice
>1 Blue Mary
>1 Chang
>1 King of Dinosaurs
>1 Verse
>1 Yuri
>1 Billy
>1 Andy

>Score (Najd, Heidern, Mature)
>Sanwa|M' (Benimaru, K', Iori | Kula, K', Iori)
>PandaTV|NaiWang (Leona, Vice, Mature | Shun'ei, Vice, Leona | Heidern, Vice, Leona)
>MadKOF (Blue Mary, Shun'ei, Heidern | Chang, Shun'ei, Heidern)

Top 8 Texas Showdown

>3 Heiderns
>2 Kyos
>2 Kulas
>2 Ioris
>2 Leonas
>1 Rock
>1 K'
>1 Robert
>1 Dinosaur
>1 Athena
>1 Yuri
>1 Verse
>1 Nakoruru
>1 Yamazaki
>1 Shun'ei
>1 Choi
>1 Oswald
>1 Mature
>1 King
>1 Ralf
>1 Terry
>1 Benimaru
>1 Zarina
>1 Meitenkun

>Wero Asamiya (Athena Iori Yuri), (Athena Yuri Iori)
>Violent Kain (Rock K' Iori), (Iori Robert Kyo), (Robert Kyo Iori)
>El Rosa (Dinosaur Leona Verse), (Leona Heidern Verse), (Kula Leona Verse), (Kula, Ramon, Leona)
>Stealth (Nakoruru Yamazaki Shun'ei)

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

>3 Najd
>3 Heidern
>3 Mature
>2 K'
>2 Shun'ei
>2 Athena
>1 Kula
>1 Iori
>1 Benimaru
>1 Leona
>1 Vice
>1 Blue Mary
>1 Chang
>1 King of Dinosaurs
>1 Verse
>1 Yuri
>1 Billy
>1 Andy

>PandaTV|NaiWang (Leona, Vice, Mature | Shun'ei, Vice, Leona | Heidern, Vice, Leona)

Top 8 Texas Showdown

>3 Heiderns
>2 Kyos
>2 Kulas
>2 Ioris
>2 Leonas
>1 Rock
>1 K'
>1 Robert
>1 Dinosaur
>1 Athena
>1 Yuri
>1 Verse
>1 Nakoruru
>1 Yamazaki
>1 Shun'ei
>1 Choi
>1 Oswald
>1 Mature
>1 King
>1 Ralf
>1 Terry
>1 Benimaru
>1 Zarina
>1 Meitenkun

>El Rosa (Dinosaur Leona Verse), (Leona Heidern Verse), (Kula Leona Verse), (Kula, Ramon, Leona)

3.0 doing well so far, that's good variety.

Iori/Beni/Kula usage has really gone down.

Last edited:

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Any pros release tier lists for 3.0? Curious to see where characters fall now.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
That's a great character spread. No shock at heidern najd usage. Damned solid characters.

Raidou

Oct 25, 2017

>3 Najd
>3 Heidern
>3 Mature
>2 K'
>2 Shun'ei
>2 Athena
>1 Kula
>1 Iori
>1 Benimaru
>1 Leona
>1 Vice
>1 Blue Mary
>1 Chang
>1 King of Dinosaurs
>1 Verse
>1 Yuri
>1 Billy
>1 Andy

Top 8 Texas Showdown

>3 Heiderns
>2 Kyos
>2 Kulas
>2 Ioris
>2 Leonas
>1 Rock
>1 K'
>1 Robert
>1 Dinosaur
>1 Athena
>1 Yuri
>1 Verse
>1 Nakoruru
>1 Yamazaki
>1 Shun'ei
>1 Choi
>1 Oswald
>1 Mature
>1 King
>1 Ralf
>1 Terry
>1 Benimaru
>1 Zarina
>1 Meitenkun

Only watched Top 3 for Texas Showdown and was nice. Really liked KVO tho, we had way more different characters during polls (even Vanessa and Whip).

We also had WELL last weekend and ET won with Oswald / Heidern / Leona.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How is the e-sports scene of this game? Like, basically asia is sustaining the game right?

stn

Oct 28, 2017
About Joe - is his TNT punch still 5 punches? Where does he fit best on a team? I want to use him but piano characters are bloody hard to use sometimes.

Oct 26, 2017
About Joe - is his TNT punch still 5 punches? Where does he fit best on a team? I want to use him but piano characters are bloody hard to use sometimes.

I've found that the mash punch moves can be executed by mashing both punches at the same time. Like, I can press A&C three times in quick succession with Chang and get the spinning ball to come out--this works with anybody who has a mash button move, because pressing A&C at the same times counts as two punch inputs.

Last edited:

stn

Oct 28, 2017
I love the team he uses, Tizoc and Antonov are especially awesome. Are there any guides out there to using Heidern?

Raidou

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
SAB-CA

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
Patch Notes 3.02 (This was happening?!?)

A lot of changed behaviors and bug fixes. Did Hein lose something important? Did these state changes removed unintended juggles? I've really no idea.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Patch Notes 3.02 (This was happening?!?)

A lot of changed behaviors and bug fixes. Did Hein lose something important? Did these state changes removed unintended juggles? I've really no idea.

Seems they just adjusted one of Hein's normal throws. His buffs went well beyond that in 3.0.

Mary's DM nerf was very much expected, the dang thing was invincible and positive on block lol.

Too bad they didn't take this opportunity to nerf Heidern some.

OP
OP
SAB-CA

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
I liked using Splash Rose as a way to make Slider Safe(r), figured it was a decent way to use meter in a unique way. But straight positive is too much, yeah.

I was glad to see they didn't murder Nadj's dropkick! I imagine many other companies would have turned her and Heidern into Paperweights around now.

Good to hear Hein (or apparently Shun'Ei too) didn't lose any of the new Fancy. I still KINDA miss Sylvie's Double Paula Experiment DM (as stupid as it was), but that had to die so that others may live (longer).

(And Sylvie poppin' up in front of SNK's offices, in a photo mode example in Heroes new trailer was funny weird.)

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ComboBreaker was a lot of fun.

It was a blast aside from Xiaohai steamrolling everyone.

I don't think I've seen anyone look this bored while winning a tournament, the guy honestly looked insulted at the level of play.

Unless the likes of GXbridget, ET or M' are in a tournament then it's pretty much an easy win for him.

Oh and Najd's dropkick had quite the showing.

Raidou

Oct 25, 2017
Watching some matches I think people are giving Najd too much space and time. She's a character that you can't let live long and she doesn't have roll/CD while charging so doesn't make sense to try to zone or keep her away.

OP
OP
SAB-CA

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
Watching some matches I think people are giving Najd too much space and time. She's a character that you can't let live long and she doesn't have roll/CD while charging so doesn't make sense to try to zone or keep her away.
Quite agreed. She doesn't have the best tools to escape pressure, no dependable Cr.C Anti-air / trade, safe jump trickery can get her to open up AND waste meters, and button holds always make her minus an option that others have more readily on tap. She's better at wake up and stalling than I initially thought, but she's not STRONG at it.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Very true, Reynald was also holding both kicks so that limited his options a lot but people would just back off.

Najd players are also getting away with rekka spam which iirc are kinda negative.

She is strong and a great point character but people just haven't adjusted to how she plays yet. The fact that Xiaohai didn't jump on her right away is a good indication that she isn't too good, for now anyway.