• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
May 15, 2019
Once delisted in an attempt to "clean up Sonic's public image", the greatest game of our generation has been relisted on the US Xbox Live Marketplace for just $4.99. It's unfortunately not backwards compatible on the current series of Xbox consoles, but if you've wanted to own a copy of this game to play on your 360 for whatever reason you can currently do so. No idea if this is a mistake or not so you might want to grab it quick if interested.

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/...77fe-1000-9115-d802534507d6?DownloadType=Game

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
No B.C.

758BE3A0565B32522567B47696C8954204D01EE0

OP
OP
TechnoSyndrome
May 15, 2019
I was hoping it would be BC for it's locked 60fps and fast loading on Series consoles
Game was still delisted at the time, Sega pretty much wanted to pretend it didn't exist. I would die if they brought back the BC program and made this compatible though. Shave a whole 2 seconds off those 30 second load screens.

Antydotes

One Winged Slayer
Dec 3, 2017
Make it backwards compatible (and bring out Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Sonic Riders).

nny

Oct 25, 2017
The game was never delisted, it has simply been loading to the marketplace.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
For some reason I can't seem to buy this. Payment keeps failing and says to try again later on the website.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Well I just bought it to have it digital, maybe some day they'll surprise us with a BC announcement (they won't). Glad I wasn't crazy thinking it wasn't listed though, however I didn't realize it was delisted.

Wil348

Oct 25, 2017
I think there were rumours this was coming to BC. I'm wondering if the BC team had it ready to go but Sega dragged their heels and have finally relented. Or maybe this is Forza Horizon 1 all over again.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
I didn't hate the game. I actually thought it was more polished than the XBLA Sonic Adventure titles (played them back to back and for the first time years ago).

Yes the loading sucked. But at least you only played as hedgehogs (from memory) and the level designs were decent.
Id love a BC version that cleaned up loading and framerate issues.

Golbez

Oct 20, 2020
Well I just bought it to have it digital, maybe some day they'll surprise us with a BC announcement (they won't). Glad I wasn't crazy thinking it wasn't listed though, however I didn't realize it was delisted.
iirc it was delisted back when Sega removed a bunch of other Sonic games from sale that had a bad MC score lol. I wanna say 2010? 2011? It's been a long time. I think 06, Unleashed, Secret Rings and Black Knight all were removed from sale, though Unleashed was relisted when MS made it BC.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I'd buy '06 for $5 out of morbid curiosity if it was BC. I still have my 360, but it hasn't been plugged in forever.

Mad Gamer 64

Nov 6, 2017
I bought a physical copy that still works back in 07 with my allowance money and I still hate myself for it. Am I really going to shell out $5 for a digital copy of a terrible game? The answer is yes. Yes I am.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man if this got BC and a 4K patch that would be nuts. It's frame rate isn't locked so it would probably do wonders to make the game a nice stinky 5/10 instead of it's current shit-awful 2/10 status.

I can't believe I got all achievements for this back in 2007. What the fuck was wrong with me?