• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Here in the US, at least here in Arizona, Quik Trip has been making an effort to serve actual food. Its alright tasting, but I'd still rather have a conbini bento.

evilromero

Oct 27, 2017
There are 4 convenient stores within 5 minutes of where I live. And yes, Lawson is the best one.

Do you have obentos?
969-4-2_l.jpg
convenience_05.png

Though, to be honest, I've only been to convenient stores in China and Thailand outside of Japan and didn't notice much of a difference either.
Of course they don't because the convenience stores in the U.S. sell western food packaged meals, etc. That photo is exactly how the fresh food part of US chains look only with western food. In Oklahoma our convenience stores are goddamn huge and have pretty much anything you could need.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
One of the many things that I find interesting about Japan is the konbini ''institution''. For those who don't know about it, I think this site summarizes it very well:

https://www.japan-experience.com/to-know/visiting-japan/the-konbini

White Hen Pantry in the Midwest has this down.

Wouldn't work in a dense US city like SF because the regular grocery is just as easy to get to, but in the suburbs, you can find em.

Yeah wawa's are pretty much the US equivalent.

What is a wawa? Regional thing I take it?

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
7 Elevens in Australia are headed in this direction. Still well off though.

One of the best thing about Asian countries is the Family Marts/7 Elevens stock booze.