• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1378

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, I just wanna say how nice of an experience it's been using a forum without ads, let alone ads that had malware or redirects in them.

Do you guys ever plan to implement ads, or opening up some kind of donation system to prevent ads?

Oct 25, 2017
I agree, it's awesome. I think when people asked, Cerium said it costs very little to host the site so they weren't concerned about it. I suppose that could change if it grows ultra huge.

Buffer

Oct 27, 2017
Lack of ads on the internet is the best thing ever.

I'm living that Pi-Hole lyfe.

Stuart

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If you don't like adverts, you may be interested in using the uBlock Origin browser extension.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
but where's my reset platinum account option

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
Cerium said it costs very little to host the site
Mmm I don't recall saying that 'cause it's not really accurate.

Anyways.
Funding:

We've been fielding a lot of questions about this and we would like to stress that during the development of ResetEra we never made any plans for monetization as that would have only slowed us down when there was no time to lose. Even now the team is in agreement that we would like to deliver some essential improvements for the community without distractions.

Many of you have been eager to donate or contribute towards the site, and while we are deeply moved by your offers, we feel that this is the wrong model to pursue as it can create conflicts of interest as regards moderation.

For the time being ResetEra, LLC is committed to being 100% self-funded through the end of 2017. During this time we will examine all of our options for the long term funding of ResetEra, and will announce our plans at a later date.

If you have any other questions feel free to send along a PM!

Status
Not open for further replies.