• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mr. RPG

Oct 25, 2017
When is Konami going to finally announce a new game for their greatest franchise, Goemon?

I've waited long enough!

Does anyone even care about Goemon anymore? :(

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I've been waiting since the Edo era.

Goemon's Great Adventure has always been my favourite. Great co-op game.

ReddishGUI

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
It's definitely time for a comeback perhaps in the style of super bomberman r, build on the classics and get the foundation of what made the games great. Then expand in an all original sequel

Vlaphor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Topeka, KS
Hate to say this, but Konami barely cared about Goemon back when they routinely made games...

I will say that the first Goemon for the N64 is an underrated gem and Legend of the Mystical Ninja is one of my favorite SNES games.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Samurai Warriors Spirit of Sanada only came out last year though. Goemon is in that! :9 Persona 5 too!

Kidding. I know you meant the Konami series. Well, all I can say is that Konami only cares about the pachinko, MGS, and Yugioh bux these days. I'd not expect one anytime soon, sadly.

Cutty

Oct 31, 2017
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon was one of the first N64 games I ever owned as a kid. Fuzzy memories, but I recall my father picking it out for me at one of the department stores we were visiting at the time, and I remember throwing a tantrum because it wasn't Mario related.

Jesus, did I ever regret acting like a little shit. What a game, loved the music, aesthetic, gameplay, everything. I never got into Zelda that generation, but Goemon was all I needed.

I'll admit I used to be scared of a lot of the water levels in the N64 game. I think it was because of the weird and zany designs surrounding the enemies and monsters.

The second game on N64 was so different but I remember loving the co-op action all the same.

Bring it back!

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
But what about Pachislot?

everyone's faveeeeeeeourite game series resting place.

Oct 27, 2017
Goemon's Great Adventure is one of my favorite games ever, even if I didn't finished, it's soundtrack is something else.

Too bad is fucking expensive now.

JarlRaven

Nov 8, 2017
latest

You never saw him coming. Jk as an enormous Silent Hill fan who's long since said his eulogy for the series I feel you OP.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really glad I own both N64 Goemon games. Easily among the best on the system.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wanna play the N64 games so bad

and the other SNES games too, but that's an untranslated impossible dream

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Goemon's Great Adventure is one of my favorite games ever, even if I didn't finished, it's soundtrack is something else.

Too bad is fucking expensive now.
I actually got a copy 2 winters ago now for 60 bucks from a game shop, but got super lucky last winter and picked up a spare copy from an odds and ends shop for 15 bucks XD

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I like you for having such a good taste, but dislike you for being so lucky and get those copues :p

Just kidding, amazing find! Game is truly amazing.
I have some funky luck when it comes to retro games, you should see my Dreamcast and Saturn collections(actually you can see the latter over in hangouts in the Saturn ot)

But yeah, would love to see a Nintendo backed return on switch, and who knows it could happen, they could license the ip for good feel to use

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
Hate to say this, but Konami barely cared about Goemon back when they routinely made games...

I will say that the first Goemon for the N64 is an underrated gem and Legend of the Mystical Ninja is one of my favorite SNES games.

Well you could argue the same happened with Bomberman there a few years where they released more than one game, sure across multiple platforms but that sure didn't help it.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon (the 3D one for N64) was a goddamn masterpiece and the number of people saying "who?" in this thread makes me sad

God that game fucking ruled

I would love another but Konami is Konami so I don't see it happening

Yukiido

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I love Goemon! The first N64 game is one of my favourite games ever. I've been collecting the various obscure Japan-only titles in recent years. I got the DS game not too long ago. In Japan, you still see his face pop up from time to time... advertising slot machines and pachinko :(

Monodi

Oct 27, 2017
Sonoran Desert
The team that made those games is working at Yoshi games now
oh dang, I didn't know it was THAT team that started GoodFeel. I'd love them to make another WarioLand game, Shake It was pretty nice.

The fate of the Goemon IP is a bit grim albeit not impossible, Konami is sitting on a LOT of IPs especially after absorbing HudsonSoft. I am still a bit surprised they made a new Bomberman game.

But yeah Contra, Rocket Knight, Gradius, Parodius, and many other IPs are still dormant to this day.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I'm now reminded of how Victor Ireland tried to localize the PS2 game, and failed miserably.

Gabora

Oct 25, 2017
Sao Paulo, Brazil
I still have some really great memories of renting Legend of the Mystical ninja back in the day. What an awesome game, the password system wasn't so awesome though, never managed to write down a single one correctly LOL

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
The first N64 game is one of my favorite Zelda style adventures ever. It's been so long since I've even looked at it.