• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
So odd ND keeping tight lipped about Part2 BC improvements. The game came out this year. We deserve a nice patch like what SP did. Or are they insinuating SP is the better studio also on a technical level? Even Bend? Hmm interesting. Seems ND has fallen from grace.

"Falling" into GOTY after GOTY in a few weeks...

Edit: Damnit, it was a meme??

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
I don't understand why Naughty Dog would go so far as to give us PS5-specific controller enhancements but NOT unlock the framerate.

If they want to resell the game, they can always do 60fps but at (Native) 4K, add quality-of-life features, textures, etc.
But for now, please Naughty Dog, give us 60fps !!

OP
OP

laser

Feb 17, 2018
Has any reviewer commented on how well the Dualsense handles PS4 game rumble in general? Of course I'm excited about new haptic/trigger additions, but does the Dualsense more or less replicate the old rumble features as well, when appropriate?

I was going to keep my dualshock 4 just for accurate rumble in PS4 games, but maybe I don't need to?
I've heard on a video somewhere that it's not as good as the DS4 for rumble made for the DS4. Feels a little too strong. It's a shame but maybe it can be patched at a system level later.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why Naughty Dog would go so far as to give us PS5-specific controller enhancements but NOT unlock the framerate.

If they want to resell the game, they can always do 60fps but at (Native) 4K, add quality-of-life features, textures, etc.
But for now, please Naughty Dog, give us 60fps !!
Because you cant just unlock framerate its not that simple. It could cause alot of issues.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Can the charged strike in God of War possibly feel even more satisfying? We'll know soon.

thefragrance

Avenger
Dec 18, 2017
I really wish I didn't go after the trophy and left my second playthrough for the PS5. Still can't wait to play it again.

Plum

May 31, 2018
This should be great but I'm not jumping in for my second playthrough until we get confirmation of either a 60fps patch or a Remaster (with cross-save I'll buy that, without I'll give in and just play the PS4 version). No way am I gonna do one just to be met with a superior experience a few months down the line.

Because you cant just unlock framerate its not that simple. It could cause alot of issues.

I highly doubt Naughty Dog ties any significant game logic to frame rate. They didn't with any of their PS3 titles and that was on a console much more alien to the PS4 than the PS4 is to the PS5.

Korezo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That implementation probably takes more time to do than a resolution/uncapp fps update... Still cool i guess

DreadfulOmen

Feb 6, 2018
I'm curious about the complete absence of Horizon Zero Dawn so far. It's not in the Playstation Plus Collection. No word on any free patches or even how it runs on PS5. And you'd think this would be one they'd want to highlight given the sequel comes next year.

Is it getting the Remaster treatment?
I'm pretty sure horizon has a locked frame rate, so it'll probably just run like the ps4 version.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
I've heard on a video somewhere that it's not as good as the DS4 for rumble made for the DS4. Feels a little too strong. It's a shame but maybe it can be patched at a system level later.

Really? I heard the opposite that it felt much closer to what they thought the devs intended.

Guess, it probably depends on the game. At least "too strong" is easily fixed in the system menu

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Still no official update on how TLOU2 will improve on PS5? Aside from this of course.

dadoes

Feb 15, 2018
did anyone try this out on last out us 2? i really wanna see how the adaptive triggers work! lol
I tried it. I don't see anything with adaptive triggers. I don't think a patch is out yet for this.

I need 60fps.

Ghost of tsushima at 60fps is amazing.

I can't go back to 30fps.

Last edited:

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they will announce something together with the factions update. They may also simply announce a "new PS5" version where you have to pay another 70 bucks

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
i forgot Factions is coming

GT7 + Factions + Activity Cards could keep those as permainstalled on the SSD for a generation

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have any reason to doubt that God of War can easily run at 4K + 60 FPS frame rate with little work?

This is the next game I want to play apart from Astro's Playroom. I'm pretty sure I was like 90%+ complete before stopping for more than a year. I'm going to replay this on my new OLED TV w/ PS5.

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
Ive been playing PS4 games on my PS5, and the Haptic difference is REALLY obvious between a game that uses it and a game that doesnt. It just feels weak when playing PS4 games. I still havent played GoW though, just downloaded it.

yalk_dx

Nov 3, 2020
i've yet to feel any use of adaptive triggers in TLOU2, at least when it comes to increased resistance from weapon to weapon. am i missing some kind of setting?

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I played TLOU2 last night and could feel no difference in the rumble. The game hasn't had a patch in months either by the looks of it.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
I thought for a split second that Marvel's Avengers had some type of Dualsense compatibilty.

I then used a DS4 controller, and it just seemed like a difference in how the rumble works between the controllers, rather than anything the game did.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Played TLOU2 for about an hour last night, and I noticed absolutely nothing as far as the feedback into Dualsense

dadoes

Feb 15, 2018
hoping that the next tlou2 patch will include adaptive triggers and 60fps. Been holding off on my 3rd play through until then.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting on a performance mode update.

The fact that Uncharted 4 and TLOU2 don't have it yet makes me think we're getting remasters instead.