• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Just searched and didn't find a thread about it. It's pretty surprising, considering Tsushima is still full price (even though it had sales).

The Last of Us Part II

Experience the devastating and emotional consequences of Ellies vengeance

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
this is one of the best games I've ever played.

i will go back whenever they decide to announce the next Factions just cause.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Director's Cut incoming.

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Hell yeah everyone play this!

RE: Tsushima, it's a newer game so it makes sense that TLOU got dropped first.

Plus GoT is also getting the Director's Cut so that may complicate things as well

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I very rarely say this, but that game was easily worth $60.

OP
OP
Belthazar90

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Hell yeah everyone play this!

RE: Tsushima, it's a newer game so it makes sense that TLOU got dropped first.

Plus GoT is also getting the Director's Cut so that may complicate things as well

I thought it was released earlier for some reason... Still, I would think TLOU2 would hold the price tag for longer.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
GoT sales (both physicals and digitals) were very few compare to Part II. I am not surprised the latter has the price cut and not the other one.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Personally I am not expecting a Director's cut since Neil said there are no plans for story content, a GOTY edition with factions, TLOU remake or whatever would make more sense

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
And of course the game is still 70€ in the EU store.

They did the same thing with Death Stranding last year.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I am very surprised by this, considering the popularity of this franchise.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
I actually haven't played the Last of Us games. But have the remaster for the first game. Did it receive a upgrade for the PS5? Or was it only Last of Us 2?

Oct 27, 2017
I actually haven't played the Last of Us games. But have the remaster for the first game. Did it receive a upgrade for the PS5? Or was it only Last of Us 2?
No PS5 update for remastered, not much to update except to unlock the native 4k option to 60fps. The 1800p (not sure if it's checkerboarded)/60fps option is also good though, so you won't be missing much.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Bought this a few months ago, but I was put off by the frame rate after only a few minutes. I think since then it's been patched, so it's technically back on my to-play list… but it just feels like a true next gen "Director's Cut" or whatever is imminent so I guess I might as well just wait it out.

This release was horribly unexciting with no multiplayer, which was the main draw of the first game for me. Bu a new MP announcement would easily be one of the hypest possible announcements of the entire gen

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
GoT sales (both physicals and digitals) were very few compare to Part II. I am not surprised the latter has the price cut and not the other one.
Aren't price cuts usually applied the other way around? Like Call of Duty barely gets any because it sells like sliced bread anyway

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
So will factions not be free for owners of the original game? That's shitty if it's a rolled back promise.. I haven't been following this though

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Makes me think there is no Directors Cut version coming, as Sony had delisted the original versions of Ghost of Tsushima and Death Stranding off their stores, so no point in reducing the price permanently now.

EDIT:
For everyone wondering why Ghost of Tsushima didnt get price cut, look above ^, they delisted the original version before getting to price cut it.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Cool story: on principle I never bought the remastered last of us for ps4, which should have been a free upgrade. Of course, I didn't bother ever playing the game again either cause that ps3 version is ROUGH lol
PS3-> PS4 transition isn't anywhere near the PS4->PS5 transition. Both had their challenges but i imagine it's been smoother coming from PS4.

Having to rewrite all PS3 code onto PS4 architecture took lots of effort and ND did a master class remaster that it was worth it. I understand some like you have principles but it's not like Sony was scamming you. The package included the standalone expansion included which was also improved upon.

Lastly Part 1 on PS3 was good. It had a solid 720p 30FPS performance. This was coming from ND who had been working on the Uncharted franchise all the PS3 gen. To try to make it seem it was "rough" is a little out there.

I'll say TLOU Remastered for PS4 has hit $10 price point a lot of times. Even a $10 upgrade over the original is totally worth it. (Worth of the expansion alone) Not everything can be had free coming from last gen. Still don't buy that mentality myself. (If we talk remasters vs free upres patches which that wasnt)

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
They actually increased the price of their first party PS4 games around September last year, so price cuts would be welcome.