• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 15360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Every Golden Joystick Award 2020 winner
  • Best Storytelling - The Last of Us 2
  • Best Multiplayer Game - Fall Guys
  • Best Visual Design - The Last of Us 2
  • Best Game Expansion - No Man's Sky: Origins
  • Mobile Game of the Year - Lego Builder's Journey
  • Best Audio - The Last of Us 2
  • Best Indie Game - Hades
  • Still Playing - Minecraft
  • Studio of the Year - Naughty Dog
  • Esports Game of the Year - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
  • Best New Streamer / Broadcaster - iamBrandon
  • Best Family Game - Fall Guys
  • Best Gaming Community - Minecraft
  • Best Performer - Sandra Saad (Kamala Khan)
  • Breakthrough Award - Innersloth (Among Us)
  • Outstanding Contribution - The Gaming Industry
  • PC Game of the Year - Death Stranding
  • Best Gaming Hardware - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
  • PlayStation Game of the Year - The Last of Us 2
  • Xbox Game of the Year - Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  • Nintendo Game of the Year - Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  • Most Wanted Game - God of War: Ragnarok
  • Critic's Choice - Hades
  • Ultimate Game of the Year - The Last of Us 2

www.gamesradar.com

Every winner at the Golden Joystick Awards 2020

See who won what during this year's show

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Part 2 taking 5 awards in total.

Amazing work and well deserved.

Best Storytelling award probably not gonna sit right with some people lol

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Well at least the Avengers game had one good thing going for it. Kamala Khan

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Quoting myself from other thread:

"Funniest thing about TLOU2 winning, it that it was community voted. That means, that yes, the majority of people voted for TLOU2. The arguments "Everyone hated it/It only wins because Sony-ND paid journos/Journos are SJWs too" are dead lol"

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
That's talent winning right there.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
ND Studio of the year? This sets a bad standard for the Industry. Like sure they are far from the only studio that does Crunch, just because Jason Schreier reported on them doesn't mean that those that he didn't run any stories on don't crunch, but this Award should have been won by a Studio like Media Molecule because they delivered an amazing Game without crunching.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like Hades is going to have a pretty good shot at winning GotY at The Game Awards, as the vast majority of voting weight comes from critics.

Congrats to all the developers who make this hobby so special. They deserve better than they're given.

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised at God of War winning most wanted game, considering we haven't seen anything about it. People are REALLY looking forward to see how the story continues, huh? Cool stuff.

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
Jason Schreier and anyone doing reporting on crunch must be like "the fuck???" Lol
lol I think anyone who's worked in that field like Jason is well aware most of the industry and coverage around said industry doesn't give a shit.

My question is, what the hell does this mean:

Outstanding Contribution
- The Gaming Industry

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
But TLOU2 haters told me critics were the ones out of touch and paid off while fans had the true voice and opinion.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like Hades is going to have a pretty good shot at winning GotY at The Game Awards, as the vast majority of voting weight comes from critics.

Congrats to all the developers who make this hobby so special. They deserve better than they're given.

While it certainly has a shot, you shouldn't necessarily go by the GS critics choice. Their winners over the years have been Control, RDR2, BotW, Titanfall 2, and MGSV. The only won that matched with the TGA's, and also won the overall most GotY's, was BotW.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
lol I think anyone who's worked in that field like Jason is well aware most of the industry and coverage around said industry doesn't give a shit.

My question is, what the hell does this mean:

Outstanding Contribution - The Gaming Industry
In the show itself, they had a video of all the good things games did this year, and didn't want to single any out for that award.

zolee

Oct 2, 2020
ND Studio of the year? This sets a bad standard for the Industry. Like sure they are far from the only studio that does Crunch, just because Jason Schreier reported on them doesn't mean that those that he didn't run any stories on don't crunch, but this Award should have been won by a Studio like Media Molecule because they delivered an amazing Game without crunching.
just wait until next year when it's CDPR