• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
Glad to hear it turned out so good I'm really excited forward to seeing Pedro Pascal do his thang!

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Second trailer worried me a bit but I am so glad to hear it's a banger apparently!

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
All my fears of it sucking were evaporated when I saw the first trailer. Good to see it's a genuinely good show, regardless of whether you like the game or not. As someone who's not a fan of the games I'm definitely checking it out as I think it just looks like a great show.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
Do we know when the series actually ends in relation to the story of both games?

I haven't played 2 so don't want to inadvertently start the story form this.

Spirited

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Really looking forward to watching this in the coming weeks, good to see the reviews are positive.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Do we know when the series actually ends in relation to the story of both games?

I haven't played 2 so don't want to inadvertently start the story form this.

From what reviews say, it ends in a similar place to the first game. It would be hard to include the 2nd for reasons I won't go into.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I hope they tought about adding some Joel flashbacks to show some of what he did between the intro and meeting Ellie.
To help some people realize he isn't exactly a good guy.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Woah, these are glowing reviews. I was excited but cautious because many game adaptations don't seem to expand to tv/film well, but I am now quite excited for this.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
There is one review that explicitly states what the ending is, and from that I'm 99% sure nothing from TLOU2 is covered.

From what reviews say, it ends in a similar place to the first game. It would be hard to include the 2nd for reasons I won't go into.

This season is only part 1 and it DLC left behind
Thanks. I haven't played Left Behind either actually so I'll maybe I'll hammer it out this week.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Woah, these are glowing reviews. I was excited but cautious because many game adaptations don't seem to expand to tv/film well, but I am now quite excited for this.

The team behind this is pretty much a step above anyone who has tackled a game adaptation before. And the material translates will to TV. I do think some people, especially game fans, are going to overhype it (and you can already see that with some real absurd statements like it being 'one of the best shows HBO ever produced' or whatever), but I have no doubt it'll be quality

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks. I haven't played Left Behind either actually so I'll maybe I'll hammer it out this week.
Definitely recommend it. It's only 2-3 hours long, and it's a great little standalone* chapter.

*Not technically standalone (it takes place between Joel's fall at the university and Ellie's encounter with David), but it works well on its own regardless.

Probably a good idea. I'm not sure where in the season the Left Behind stuff comes in.
I believe a review suggested it's episode seven.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Not to downplay the show being good, but it was kind of hard to fuck up in the first place considering the source material was already heavily aping other really good films and books anyway. Just seems like taking it back to the original sources in a way.

I expected the series to turn out well considering who's involved and it being on HBO. They're still the kings of prestige TV, even though season 8 of GOT happened.

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Banned
Feb 27, 2018
They should really make it feel like a game release and have the actors recreate meme gifs

Smitch

Unshakable Resolve
Apr 21, 2022
Capture_decran_2023-01-10_a_10.png

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Druckmann wins again. Award winner games about to be an award winning series. Anti-TLOU era in shambles. And I fucking love it😊
They will create a new narrative in which they were never good games to play and the story was the only great thing, so it was easy to adapt the story to a tv show, just watch.