• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
The Last of Us Part 1 has launched on PC in a bit of a state, and owners are now turning its glitches into memes.

Earlier this week, developer Naughty Dog admitted it had heard the numerous player "concerns" regarding issues present in the PC port at launch, and was "actively investigating multiple issues".

In the meantime, players have been sharing various clips of their experiences on social media - including a version of Joel found when playing on Steam Deck with enormous eyebrows.

View: https://twitter.com/Levit0/status/1640895506116399104

View: https://twitter.com/dancow/status/1641097731157499905

https://www.reddit.com/r/thelastofus/comments/125phzw/joel_has_a_new_strategy/

More: https://www.eurogamer.net/the-last-of-us-many-pc-glitches-are-being-turned-into-memes

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Apparently the steam deck druggie Joel doesn't happen if you restart after changing the graphics settings. All the visual comparisons in the graphics settings are too much for the low powered steam deck to handle. Still hilarious tho

Red

Oct 26, 2017
I can't believe PC players are laughing about Joel's daughter expanding to three times her normal size.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
You know Ellie

We really are the last of the graphic presets

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
That bugged Joel is reaching AC Unity meme levels

2am8p5.jpg

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
Why is everyone making fun of the sweating people? They're having a heated discussion!
Any normal person would break into a sweat when discussing things like this in a post-apocalypse!

/s

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this small, janky indie game can get patched up. I think it has potential.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Between the bugs, the crashes, the ridiculous amount of time it takes to compile the shaders (compared to any other game), the ridiculously long load times (compared to any other game on PC), it's the worst PC port I've experienced since getting back in PC gaming in 2019. It's some 1999 console to PC port shit. It can't even do DLSS properly.

To think I skipped the PS5 version last year to hold out for this port. But tbh now I'm going to get a Steam refund and past caring about playing through it again anyway at this point.

Deleted member 51848

Jan 10, 2019
Happy to wait for all the bugs to be ironed out :-) My strategy of never buying games on release continues to both hamper my enjoyment and pay off handsomely.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Joel in the first tweet looks like he's been through SOME shit and is now a crackhead just trying to cope.

Boppa

Apr 4, 2020
Everything I have read so far seems to point at this being a dog shit port, what a huge fumble.

That wet bug is funny as hell though

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I'm sure it was Naughty Dog's call to work on this port internally... but it kills me that Sony have Nixxes under their umbrella now and PC ports like this are still allowed to happen. When you look at the incredible work Nixxes did on the Spider-Man PC ports... and then you look at Naughty Dog's efforts here...

Yeeeeeeeeesh.

Sep 13, 2022
What causes his face to look that bad?

No "a bad port" answers, I get that but like what did they do wrong to cause that to happen.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm sure it was Naughty Dog's call to work on this port internally... but it kills me that Sony have Nixxes under their umbrella now and PC ports like this are still allowed to happen. When you look at the incredible work Nixxes did on the Spider-Man PC ports... and then you look at Naughty Dog's efforts here...

Yeeeeeeeeesh.
Don't Naughty Dog talk a big game when it comes to the amount of work they put into remasters? This has to be embarrassing that they couldn't deliver a functioning port.