• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
User warned: creating a thread with a clickbait thread title
Posted by Smitch and Angie
The biggest riser of the week is The Last of Us Part 1, which returns to the charts at No.20 with a 238% spike in sales week-on-week. The game has been boosted by the new TV series based on the title, which is available to view in the UK via Sky Atlantic.

The PS4 version of the game, The Last of Us: Remastered, also re-entered the charts at No.32 with a 322% sales spike.
www.gamesindustry.biz

The Last of Us Part 1 sales jumped 238% after TV show launch | UK Boxed Charts

Fire Emblem Engage takes No.1, but its launch was smaller than the previous game

Last edited by a moderator:

Pabz

Oct 25, 2017
Yup… I didn't understand why people were so upset about them remastering it. It was such a smart move by Sony

Theiea

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder how the PC version is gonna do. I'm certainly looking forward to finally playing it when it drops on steam.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
While I'm pretty sure we know the real reason for the remake's existence (ND needing to get used to the PS5), I'd imagine that having some synergy with the HBO Max series was icing on the cake. And clearly it's working out for Sony.

As for Fire Emblem Engage, I'm actually a bit surprised that sales have fallen short of Three Houses in the UK. Maybe the rest of the world can pick up the slack.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
To the surprise of no one.. lol.

I haven't bought anything new yet, but I have reinstalled TLOUR.. guess I should go play it a bit before tonight's episode.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
A 238% increase and it's still only at #20? Didn't realize it was selling so little. Glad more are jumping now at least.

Smitch

Unshakable Resolve
Apr 21, 2022
The pc version should've been released alongside the show's premiere on TV to also enjoy that boost.
The PC version will released before the next 2 final episode so it will still have a 2 weeks of boost
But yeah if it was sooner it would have been better for it

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
giphy.gif

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
Lol this is me after playing 1 hour of the Remastered version and thinking "huh i dont remember it looking THIS bad"

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Lol this is me after playing 1 hour of the Remastered version and thinking "huh i dont remember it looking THIS bad"
Don't forget that it's almost 9 years old and while the Remaster was a PS4 game it was still just a slightly prettier PS3 game, and we're now more than 2 years into the PS5 generation. So yeah, any PS3 game should look a lot worse than you likely remember it.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if the numbers will rise if the show increases in popularity over the next few weeks, it'll be interesting to see but I imagine with even just this little boost ND and Sony are pleased that it's having a positive impact on their sales. Hopefully Part 2 will get a similar increase.

Oct 25, 2017
The void
I want to get it, but waiting on a sale. $70 is steep for a game I've already bought twice. I've been so tempted to go pick it up all week though lol

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Why are there so many snarky comments about "why remake the first game /s" when there's more sales of REMASTER than the remake :P

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
322% of 1 unit is 3.22 units.
Give us the numbers, not growth rates.

Last edited:

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Why are there so many snarky comments about "why remake the first game /s" when there's more sales of REMASTER than the remake :P
There aren't more sales of the remaster than the remake. Sales of the remaster increased by a larger percentage than sales of the remake, but sales of the remake will have been significantly higher week-to-week than sales of the remaster.

Wiggle

Nov 25, 2019
The pc version should've been released alongside the show's premiere on TV to also enjoy that boost.
This. They made the same mistake with Uncharted. Obviously it was not ready in time, but releasing the PC version of Uncharted 4 so long after the movie came out was not a smart move.