• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
If Naughty Dog can make the game look that good on PS4 Pro, they are legit wizards. I won't believe it until I see it from my own eyes. But then again, if someone can do it, it's them !

OP
OP
Strafer

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
tlou2cover0ikph.png

YO

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I it were the cover of the actual magazine, the artpiece would be folded in such a way that the cover would only show Ellie's ear, pretty much.

Imagine a line down the middle of the picture. The portion on the right when folded would be the front cover. It would just be Ellie's Ear without restructuring the composition.

After listening to it many times, I think that's what I'm hearing, too. Or..

"No. This is a sacrifice lamb. Free."

It would look like this....

0z6VDt6.png

Ah, thank you folks.

BladeX

Oct 30, 2017
This fan art, while great doesnt necessarily represent the narrative of the game.

Its like someone making a TLOU1 cover featuring Joel holding his daughter (the real one). Which was only a fraction of what the main game was about and not representative.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
This art is crazy good...

Still I don't think the focus of this game is on Ellie's sexuality. A cover like this would imply it is. Ironically, Neil seems really self conscience about earning all these little intimate moments and it really seems to be the opposite of what these 'forced' naysayers are saying.

Also does the cult worship the clickers/infected?

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This art is crazy good...

Still I don't think the focus of this game is on Ellie's sexuality. A cover like this would imply it is. Ironically, Neil seems really self conscience about earning all these little intimate moments and it really seems to be the opposite of what these 'forced' naysayers are saying.

Also does the cult worship the clickers/infected?

I think it's obvious for everybody that ND/Sony won't go with a cover like that.

It's just a bit a fun with such a nice art.

nycgamer4ever

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't think Crossing Eden even has a PS4 or has ever even played these games, or at least he's never stated as much when asked, posted his PSN or anything of the sort in the years I've known him posting (largely on the older forum). From what I understand he's a predominantly PC based gamer (and Ubisoft mega fan) who for years has engaged in debates downplaying the visuals or technical accomplishments of PS4 exclusives.

Despite being shown different versions of each animation in the demo sequence in GIFs and videos, and also being told by numerous people who've played the game that they've seen these animations play out in other parts of the game, he's still refusing to acknowledge it.

The greatest irony however is that he continues to pick at like 10 seconds of retail footage that plays very slightly different depending on contextual variables, from an otherwise 15 MINUTE demo that plays 99%+ the same, but with mostly GRAPHICAL IMPROVEMENTS in the retail build. That is the level of trollish nitpickery we are dealing with here. It seems entirely disingenuous, which should have been obvious enough when he completely misconstrued Neil Druckmanns interview answer earlier in the thread, to suit his favoured narrative.

To which he took as...

Despite Neil saying...

Apparently this entire UC4 E3 2015 demo too was presumably little more than a gameplay concept, despite playing 99% the same, with added graphical improvements in the retail build...

I second this assessment of Crossing Eden.

BaldwinAce

Oct 28, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Ive been burned before with the AI in the first game compared to what was shown at E3, I just hope TLOU II will redeem itself. It looks too goddamn real, even if you were to throw me facts and what not, I'd seriously have to play the retail version to see it with my own eyes to believe it. Thats how good it looks, AI wise.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Does anyone recognize Jesse's face from anywhere?

He looks very familiar but I can't place him and it's bugging the the hell out of me every time I watch it (which has been way too many times).

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018

He looks very familiar but I can't place him and it's bugging the the hell out of me every time I watch it (which has been way too many times).

IMDB says he is voiced by a Stephen A. Chang. Not sure if they used his face too but they look similar.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I mentioned this in another thread, I think he looks like DK from fast and furious Tokyo drift.

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
i feel like there hasn't been much discussion over the lack of a release date for this title

has cyberpunk stolen the release date conjecture this E3 or have i just missed that conversation on TLOU2?

how are we feeling about the release window for this grade-a druckmann fuego?

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
i feel like there hasn't been much discussion over the lack of a release date for this title

has cyberpunk stolen the release date conjecture this E3 or have i just missed that conversation on TLOU2?

They're trying to avoid having to delay it like they had to with UC4. Meanwhile CP2077 has actually been delayed already.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I just watched the whole video for the first time just now, and I feel the same way after seeing this that I did after finishing tlou.

it was the best game i ever played, but i'll probably play it once and then never again. not my type of game

Bran Van

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I don't think it's too far. 2019 seems on the cards and in the realms of normal Naughty Dog development times. We just won't know until it's closer

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
So the Theseus theory still holds up. If anything it's been strengthened by this new trailer.
MEDIA=youtube]hAK8nfeBY2s[/MEDIA]
For those with limited time, she starts talking about the Thesues stuff about 5 minutes and 30 seconds in.
gah there needs to be a warning for this dam channel (Strange Rebel Gaming)
got to scrub it from my watch and browser history