• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
What? This won't be streamed?
It's a preview event, Sony didn't announce this, they just sent invites and Geoff posted his invite on Twitter.
But, we will probably get preview impressions, 10 minute broll footage, trailer etc. in the week after that (anyone's guess exactly when, but someone in the first party thread is saying the next state of play will take place on outbreak day (the 26th), so assuming they are not lying, it's safe to say that the trailer will be shown there, and maybe preview embargo will go up in the end of the stream?
Well, that's stupid, press are not the ones buying the game, they even complain when review copies are not provided, it needs to be shown to the audience.
Press only preview event are a standard event pre game launch, Sony had one for god of war for example.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
3 hours hand on?

giphy.gif

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm taking a few days off work for this baby. Cannot wait

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
What we need to find out is when was GoW media event and how long after di the game come out...
It was almost exactly a month before the game came out, but not way TLOU2 is coming out in late October lol.
They probably did the previews now because their build was stable (they were rumored to target 2019 after all so this makes sense), because they want to please fans who were waiting for so long, and might be due to the PS5 event too.

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South
What we need to find out is when was GoW media event and how long after di the game come out...

Early March '18, IIRC.

They probably did the previews now because their build was stable (they were rumored to target 2019 after all so this makes sense), because they want to please fans who were waiting for so long, and might be due to the PS5 event too.

If PS5 event is early next year, they probably wouldn't want to get caught on that. Also, it's possible that the PS5 event will end up showing more about it, like what the PS5 enhanced version looks like :D

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
It was almost exactly a month before the game came out, but not way TLOU2 is coming out in late October lol.
That to me is thread worthy and enough proof to believe this is a 2019 game.

/s

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Honestly I'm hoping its not that long, it's hard to nail the pacing when you have a linear tps. Loved Doom and RE2remake because they were tight, focused experiences and not too bloated imo.
TLoU, like most ND games (UC 4 is debatable), has a perfect pacing. But for me, not by the lenght of the game, but by the alternation between story / exploration / fighting. And they can give me that for 25+ hours, no problem.
I found GoW too long, but not because of the 30h campaign, but by the awful pacing of the last third of the game.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
If PS5 event is early next year, they probably wouldn't want to get caught on that. Also, it's possible that the PS5 event will end up showing more about it, like what the PS5 enhanced version looks like :D
I don't think ND has the time to cook a special version of their game 9 months prior to the launch of PS5.
In it is not the best PR to show your superb new console with a game your actual console can handle perfectly. Past FP, sure. They can even showed us an enhanced Horizon Dawn (probably) / GoW / Spider-Man, saying something like "but that don't look like a game developp with next gen in mind" and dropped the gameplay trailer of the sequel.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Also, not to ruin the fun, but it's possible that an hour out of those 3 will be dedicated to the MP portion, unless if zhuge is talking strictly about the SP hands on time.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The preview event for GoW was right from the beginning of the game right? I wonder if this will be similar too, nevertheless I hope impressions won't be embargoed for a long time.

Chris Metal

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm on the scee press site from working media on my old site, so hopefully broll gets uploaded there, but it's sometimes late or doesn't have a huge amount of content compared to what the scea one has. Being in the UK makes getting to these press events difficult. The Driveclub one at Evolution was great inc. an intro to the weather system before patch and a one on one interview with Rushy... I can't wait to see what comes from this event.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
The preview event for GoW was right from the beginning of the game right? I wonder if this will be similar too, nevertheless I hope impressions won't be embargoed for a long time.
The event was also 2 months before launch I think. Could this mean TLOU2 is hitting that December 2019 date?