• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
BriefSplendidKomododragon-size_restricted.gif

AdolescentKeenHellbender-size_restricted.gif

CloseJauntyGypsymoth-size_restricted.gif

rn6Wd3c.png

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
OMG it's finally happening!

My hype levels for this game has hit critical levels. Watched that gameplay video like 20 times now. So so good

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
It's a media event for the press. So you are getting nothing at all ;P

Yes but two things are different here. 1, It was announced on Twitter when these type of media events are usually embargoed. 2, Why is Geoff going when he doesn't belong to a game site or game magazine to do a preview for (AFAIK?).

Something is different and combined with Zhuge' other Sony event tease (if not messing with us) there could be something else cooking....

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Obviously I can't wait for the game but I'm a little confused as to why there would be such hype for a press event. We're not supposed to see anything from this, right ?

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes but two things are different here. 1, It was announced on Twitter when these type of media events are usually embargoed. 2, Why is Geoff going when he doesn't belong to a game site or game magazine to do a preview for (AFAIK?).

Something is different and combined with Zhuge' other Sony event tease (if not messing with us) there could be something else cooking....
Who announced it? Surely not Sony. It was Geoff :P And Geoff IS a "media" person. Of course he's getting invited. They always invite him.
Outbreak Day is 2 days later. Imo then we (the fans) will see new footage/trailers, etc.
Obviously I can't wait for the game but I'm a little confused as to why there would be such hype for a press event. We're not supposed to see anything from this, right ?
Outbreak Day is 2 days later.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
I dont get it. Why wouldnt they clarify if its 50/50 media/online, if we are going to see everything or what. Geez

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
Who announced it? Surely not Sony. It was Geoff :P Geoss IS a "media" person. Of course he's getting invited. They always invite him.
Outbreak Day is 2 days later. Imo then we (the fans) will see new footage/trailers, etc.

Outbreak Day is 2 days later.

Isn't it usually game reviewers from Kotaku/Polygon/IGN/Eurogamer/Gameinformer that send someone to the event to play the game so they can publish previews? Geoff presents stuff now like the Game Awards and doesn't review games. Then again this might not be just the usual game magazine/site preview.

Clarification of exactly what this event is/isn't would be nice.

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
I just hope they do something interesting with Joel because him just dying seems so obvious.
Yeah I totally understand btw. I wasn't laughing at ya, I can just tell how many people would be absolutely pissed if they killed off Ellie at all.

Like the last season of Game of Thrones enraged tons lol.

I don't think they can kill Ellie off..
So Joel is too predictable, the asian guy or her girlfriend? Who knows which person lol.
I don't even know the name of the Asian guy or her gf either. I should remedy that asap.

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dont get it. Why wouldnt they clarify if its 50/50 media/online, if we are going to see everything or what. Geez
Sony hasn't announced this so it's most likely to be media only unless they come out and say something. Looks like they're showing the game to the media and have an embargo till Outbreak Day where they will show the game to the public and the media will talk about what they saw during the media event.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't it usually game reviewers from Kotaku/Polygon/IGN/Eurogamer/Gameinformer that send someone to the event to play the game so they can publish previews? Geoff presents stuff now like the Game Awards and doesn't review games. Then again this might not be just the usual game magazine/site preview.

Clarification of exactly what this event is/isn't would be nice.
Nah. Geoff gets invites all the time. Especially for Sony stuff.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
About time, now to media blackout or not? Still don't really trust ND after they showed almost all the Madagascar Chase for marketing, but TLOU2 is like the only game I care about that's left for the gen.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Its been such a long wait for some news regarding this game so it's really good to see they're doing this. Safe to say TLoU2 is in my top 3 most anticipated for 2020

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Sony hasn't announced this so it's most likely to be media only unless they come out and say something. Looks like they're showing the game to the media and have an embargo till Outbreak Day where they will show the game to the public and the media will talk about what they saw during the media event.
Exactly what I expect.