• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
I was gonna jump in day one, but I sold my base ps4 cause I just don't wanna end up playing the inferior version again, I"ll wait a little while longer for the ps5 version :D

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
CloseJauntyGypsymoth-size_restricted.gif
mrw-i-see-a-high-quality-gif-113087.gif

That face shot. Still got to wonder how that hammer-cocking works.

Beeblebrox

Oct 28, 2017
About time, now to media blackout or not? Still don't really trust ND after they showed almost all the Madagascar Chase for marketing, but TLOU2 is like the only game I care about that's left for the gen.
The answer to the "to media blackout or not to media blackout?" is always "yes!"

You will thank yourself later :D

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There will almost certainly be information released to the public around the same time, probably via a State of Play. Nintendo does this often with Nintendo Directs + press events.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
So I'm guessing it will be behind closed doors, journalists will have the 25th and early hours of the 26th to do their write-ups and then a public blowout on the 26th (Outbreak Day), with that being the other event teased by Zhuge? If they're seriously keeping this behind closed doors with only releasing snippets then Sony and ND are just taking the piss.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think some people always take "media event" to always mean "new media of the game I like is being shown" rather than "an event the media/ press is invited to for publicity".

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
So I'm guessing it will be behind closed doors, journalists will have the 25th and early hours of the 26th to do their write-ups and then a public blowout on the 26th (Outbreak Day), with that being the other event teased by Zhuge? If they're seriously keeping this behind closed doors with only releasing snippets then Sony and ND are just taking the piss.

The latest Cyberpunk gameplay was shown behind closed doors first and then formally released to the public via the official CDPR channels.

Same thing is going to happen here.

> Footage shown to Media outlets first > First impressions drop online > State of Play announced > footage formally unveiled

It's a normal marketing push. It works.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
There will likely be articles going up the following week from major outlets describing the behind close doors stuff. The public will get a trailer and release date probably at the same time or on outbreak day.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps there is a private media event for the press, influencers and what not followed up by a State of Play where the public gets a glimpse of TLoU2 as well as other games. At least that's my guess with the vague tid bits of info we've gotten.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing February 28th, 2020 for the release date.

Death Stranding got more footage and release date info about 5 months ahead of its launch. And late February is 5 months away from late September.