• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Doom_Bringer

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
After playing TLOU and watching the first few reveal trailers, I don't really need to see anything else.

I was sold the minute I beat TLOU. Going on media blackout

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
BRB, freezing self for 2 weeks

giphy.gif

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
i'm expecting the game to be good. but i'm not expecting the game to be great. imo, uncharted 4 has already demonstrated that naughty dog's as capable of wandering astray with a franchise as anyone else, & the original last of us is an even harder act to top than the ps3 uncharted trilogy. i will be very happy to be proven wrong, but i just don't see last of us 2 coming close to having the overall impact that the original had...

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
*sony not attending all media conferences this year

Gamers: WTF is wrong is sony!! Dey going arrogant

*Sony announces media event for presumably TLOU2 release date

Gamers: Praise be, sony...
so_good.png

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
i'm expecting the game to be good. but i'm not expecting the game to be great. imo, uncharted 4 has already demonstrated that naughty dog's as capable of wandering astray with a franchise as anyone else, & the original last of us is an even harder act to top than the ps3 uncharted trilogy. i will be very happy to be proven wrong, but i just don't see last of us 2 coming close to having the overall impact that the original had...

Aside from U4's sales, acclaim and so on, it's a game that went through development troubles that saw high ranking members leave. Then Neil and Bruce were brought in to restart to project and they put it all together in just two years.

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019

While the game no doubt will be amazing. I don't think it's will get a 95 meta like the first one. I think it will get a 93. The last of us is just a huge game to live up too. And i don't think any game can live up to the first games hype. That was just crazy.

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada

What are you expecting the MC score to be?

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018

Erm... what's wrong with uc4? Aside from the common agreed issue of pacing (and the sudden introduction of sam), it is one of the most critically acclaimed games of this gen and a generally agreed good closure to nate's story. That by itself is something that rarely can be said about narrative driven games in the industry.

U can dislike uc4 via your personal taste but uc4 a major disappointment it ain't in general.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
While the game no doubt will be amazing. I don't think it's will get a 95 meta like the first one. I think it will get a 93. The last of us is just a huge game to live up too. And i don't think any game can live up to the first games hype. That was just crazy.

I think it is going to be 95 MC again

SeriousGoku

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 20, 2019
GOTF incoming.

But fuck im scared they will show too much. And I have no will power to not watch 😑

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
only want
1. Feb 2020 release date
2. MP mode showing

skipping any SP content like the last one

pharmboy044

Oct 27, 2017
People should put there MC expectations in check. Times have changed and the bar has been raised. There is no TLOUP2 can hit a 95. I'm thinking more like a 91 or 92.

Also, if the press is getting hands on with the game then the release date is very close. I'm thinking it's going to be sometime in FEB 2020 just like everyone else.

rare

Oct 25, 2017
You guys really, REALLY shouldn't let yourselves get too hyped.
Not saying as if I know anything, but that what was shown at the Gamestop conference won't be shown at the media event. Entirely different things.
We NEVER saw that hour long gameplay that they showed of RDR2 at last years conference, Sony just wanted to show off a bit of how stealth works.
What's gonna be shown here will be different.

Jake_brake

Sep 13, 2018
People should put there MC expectations in check. Times have changed and the bar has been raised. There is no TLOUP2 can hit a 95. I'm thinking more like a 91 or 92.

Also, if the press is getting hands on with the game then the release date is very close. I'm thinking it's going to be sometime in FEB 2020 just like everyone else.
Your second point is likely correct.

Your first point is unlikely correct.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What if it's the rumored insomniac acquisition that blew up all over media a couple months ago?