• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Uncontrollably hyped for the game, but I'm not expecting much out of this event besides a release date and maybe Joel reveal?

What if it's the rumored insomniac acquisition that blew up all over media a couple months ago?
Huh? Sony already acquired Insomniac, but I'm not sure how that relates to this thread lol.

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
You guys really, REALLY shouldn't let yourselves get too hyped.
Not saying as if I know anything, but that what was shown at the Gamestop conference won't be shown at the media event. Entirely different things.
We NEVER saw that hour long gameplay that they showed of RDR2 at last years conference, Sony just wanted to show off a bit of how stealth works.
What's gonna be shown here will be different.

Get too hyped for what? The game?

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
People should put there MC expectations in check. Times have changed and the bar has been raised. There is no TLOUP2 can hit a 95. I'm thinking more like a 91 or 92.

Also, if the press is getting hands on with the game then the release date is very close. I'm thinking it's going to be sometime in FEB 2020 just like everyone else.

Even without that garbage polygon review dragging it down?

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
All I care about is the release date. They don't need to show me anything more, hell, I would even prefer not to be tempted to watch any more trailers or gameplay videos.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I can't believe I fell asleep minutes before this was announced, anyway I am hyped, give me the date impressions and footage!

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
People should put there MC expectations in check. Times have changed and the bar has been raised. There is no TLOUP2 can hit a 95. I'm thinking more like a 91 or 92.

Also, if the press is getting hands on with the game then the release date is very close. I'm thinking it's going to be sometime in FEB 2020 just like everyone else.

Games still score incredibly high if they're good enough. God of War got 94 last year. TLOU Part II can absolutely get the same score as the first game.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
Don't get all the hype for what will be a smoke and mirrors fest of prestige to hoodwink the most vulernable into thinking they're playing something good!

s/ this is gonna be a 98 meta.

mrglcs

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
tenor.gif

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
Naughty Dog about to blow minds. Yet again. Show me that damn collectors edition on outbreak day damnit.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, their strategy seemed to change then? Usually those preview events are closer to launch, like a month or at most two.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Uncontrollably hyped for the game, but I'm not expecting much out of this event besides a release date and maybe Joel reveal?

Huh? Sony already acquired Insomniac, but I'm not sure how that relates to this thread lol.

What do you mean Joel reveal? He was in one of the first trailers with Ellie playing the guitar.

FayaEmblaimu

Alt account
Banned
Aug 2, 2019
User warned: thread whining
god no, not this game again....
Every websites are going to do news about this game EACH HOURS, EACH DAYS...

We already are spammed by death stranding and Cyberpunk while many others are ignored....

Plum

May 31, 2018
I'm hoping to see that there's more to the story than a simple revenge tale because, right now, that's all they've really shown from the game. If this is just another trailer to show off how many murder scenes the Naughty Dog artists looked at then I'm gonna be disappointed.

But I'll be buying it Day One anyway so, eh, not like my opinion actually matters lol