• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, their strategy seemed to change then? Usually those preview events are closer to launch, like a month or at most two.

Part II's marketing in general is very different from anything they've done. They've only shown it once a year. Once in 2016 (PSX), 2017 (PGW) and 2018 (E3). I think this is just the start of the marketing ramp up for the game until it releases.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
god no, not this game again....
Every websites are going to do news about this game EACH HOURS, EACH DAYS...

We already are spammed by death stranding and Cyberpunk while many others are ignored....
I know, right? All these PRESTIGE GAMES ruining gaming!

Real gamers play non pretentious games like Fire Emblem Three Houses with the superbly written and complex Edelgard von Hresvelg.

I'm excited. I wonder if TLOUPII will also have MP. Factions was one of the few MP games I actually put effort in.

DGS

Nov 2, 2017
Tyrol
Ellie is such a great character and has grown close to my heart. I really want to know how her story continues.

I am looking forward to the event and hoping for a demo or beta.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Please long gameplay trailer...

Please leaked the high quality B-Roll video like God of War last year...

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Awesome! Just gimme the release date! :D

I trust ND won't spoil much of anything from the story. I don't really need any more gameplay videos or anything really, what they've shown is enough, but I'll take a peek of what they want to show :P

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Ellie is such a great character and has grown close to my heart. I really want to know how her story continues.

I am looking forward to the event and hoping for a demo or beta.
Same but at the same time I wanna hear more about the old man as well .hope he is also playing a role in the game

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a good feeling about this game and in particular its story. Excited to hear when the hell its coming.

Maybe a PS5 launch title? How many systems would that sell? A lot, thats how many.

Last edited:

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Do we now know if this is press only or for everyone to see, since Geoff tweeted it?
it is a press only event, but we will obviously get preview impressions and b-roll footage out of it, most likely a release date too.
I have a good feeling about this game and in particular its story. Excited to hear when the hell its coming.

Maybe a PS5 launch title? How many systems would that sell? A lot, thats how many.
if it was a PS5 title, they wouldnt have been holding a preview event.

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
This. I do not want a ghost of Joel and Ellie remembering him in cutscenes only. I want Joel gameplay.

And please not too much cutscenes, this is still a game we are playing.

The official soundrack is awesome ! Even at the first hearing I'd say it's as good as TLOU1 main theme !

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Omg, missed that news yesterday!

It's getting closer... Release date (early 2020) here we go!

Ravage

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So excited!!!

And I'll echo the other voices here: TLOU MP is fucking amazing and it better be present. In fact, the MP mode should be an independent release altogether and be playable for all PS+ members next gen.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
This. I do not want a ghost of Joel and Ellie remembering him in cutscenes only. I want Joel gameplay.

And please not too much cutscenes, this is still a game we are playing.

The official soundrack is awesome ! Even at the first hearing I'd say it's as good as TLOU1 main theme !

i think the role will be reversed between Ellie and Joel...in the first game, it's 90% Joel, 10% Ellie. This time probably switched.

We still need to know what caused Ellie to go bonkers and going on a killing spree as shown in the trailers....

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
I hope the amount of what's shown is substantial and more gameplay. I want to see how dynamics between infected, bandits and Ellie have changed including A.I, improvements to puzzles beyond the first game. The music so far has been incredible.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017

Why would you want the same game as TLOU1, just with better graphics? Play through TLOU1 again for "Joel gameplay".

That's how sequels should be done. Change things. Do something different. Although, to be honest, I don't think Ellie's gameplay will be much different... She's older now. She will use firearms. It won't be like in Left Behind all the time.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
PS5 gameplay without properly revealing PS5? Nope.

Well they could show off a small snippet of PS5 footage to the press as a teaser. TLoU II is big enough for that.

We still haven't seen his current gen face. Just the back of his head.

You're point being? Fact is Joel has already been revealed. Druckmann also tweeted filming for Joel is wrapped with a picture of Troy Baker. Joel is in the game.

Desfrog

Oct 29, 2017
What else could it mean, lol?

While it's not impossible - sending out invites to press to come to a location just for a gameplay hands-off for TLOU2 at this stage of a marketing cycle would be a bit.... awkward.
It is quite surprising that they are already doing hands on demo's, was expecting it much closer to release like God of War and Uncharted 4. Game must already be pretty polished!

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
They are clearly setting off a new game for us to be hyped about. They can't have a single day without a hit to look forward, with a release date, otherwise they lose sales in the most important part of the year. With Death Stranding coming out in November, they needed to do this in late October. I'm sure Ghost of something will have an event before TLOU2 launches.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
You're point being? Fact is Joel has already been revealed. Druckmann also tweeted filming for Joel is wrapped with a picture of Troy Baker. Joel is in the game.

We know he's in the game but not what he looks like. People want a reveal of Joel's character render to see what he looks like on current gen consoles.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Anyone mentioning PS5 will be disappointed. Just because people are going to this event =/= gameplay for us. It means journalists will see the game. All it means is the game is on track for February or March

Deleted member 43514

User requested account closure
Banned
May 16, 2018
Still kind of wish they went with brand new characters and a brand new story away from Ellie and Joel, but still HYPE
That's how I feel. There was a lot of potential in this setting wasted focusing on Ellie again. Her girlfriend gets killed and she goes on a revenge rampage, it's not looking nearly as interesting as the first one. BUT it would be interesting if her mother is playable (when she was alive) as long been rumored.

What really looked interesting was other cities or factions or countries even, or focusing on the collapse of society as we saw in the very beginning from Joel's perspective. But the main draw for me is multiplayer and playing this on survivor/grounded.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
For those on the fence about watching new gameplay, I'd say go for it just to see how closely it resembles their 2018 showcase.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get it. Why is everyone hyped for a "Prestige" game? I thought we decided those were all bad.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Feel kinda dumb - its 5am and I can't sleep. Head is full of ideas about how they will elevate interaction with the infected, as well as human enemies / npcs getting mixed up with them.

I don't get it. Why is everyone hyped for a "Prestige" game? I thought we decided those were all bad.
Nah we decided that blog writer was basically just shitposting about how they dont like a game a lot of people love and that makes them better than you.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Joel's back

hqdefault.jpg

In Ghost form.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Ellie and Joel dies, there is record scratch to Jak 4 title screen with Daxter saying "Wheeew, KEPT YOU WAITING HUH?!".

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
god no, not this game again....
Every websites are going to do news about this game EACH HOURS, EACH DAYS...

We already are spammed by death stranding and Cyberpunk while many others are ignored....

Are you kidding yourself? The Last of Us 2 is thee Biggest Exclusive game This Gen. Of COURSE every website is going to cover the game. What did you think was going to happen?