• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Previous leaked God of War 2018 B-Roll video got us 18 minutes (!) of gameplay.

I hope Part II's the same...

As I currently don't mind some spoilers.

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South
I understund your POV. I agree about the assests, but TLoU remastered is nothing near the quality of UC4. It doesn't show the quality of the new console and wasn't showed when the PS4 was introduce.

Of course a game designed and developed unhampered by last gen hardware can be orders of magnitude more impressive. I think they have a very particular reason to showcase it: BC. "All you PS4 games will run, day one, on PS5. And some of them will get significant improvements, like The Last of Us 2 (and likely other first party games, can see HZD get a patch and maybe a re-release to hype the game for the sequel, same for GoW)".

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Is there some sort of summary of what we can expect from this event, the OP doesn't reveal much. What I gathered from the last pages of this thread: The press will be allowed to play 3 hours of the story (or multiplayer?) behind closed doors and I guess later they will publish their previews, hopefully with some video footage?

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Is there some sort of summary of what we can expect from this event, the OP doesn't reveal much. What I gathered from the last pages of this thread: The press will be allowed to play 3 hours of the story (or multiplayer?) behind closed doors and I guess later they will publish their previews, hopefully with some video footage?
That is all we know / guess. That and some sneaky business about not being the only (PlayStation) event that week.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
I think that if they are showing the game released date must be locked at this point and it's going to get announced next week.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Of course a game designed and developed unhampered by last gen hardware can be orders of magnitude more impressive. I think they have a very particular reason to showcase it: BC. "All you PS4 games will run, day one, on PS5. And some of them will get significant improvements, like The Last of Us 2 (and likely other first party games, can see HZD get a patch and maybe a re-release to hype the game for the sequel, same for GoW)".
Like I said, it was true with PS4 Pro and we didn't saw Uncharted 4, even if the game had a patch in the end.
I can see it with past first party, especially Guerrial Games who had the time.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Has anyone confirmed when previews and footage will be revealed? Are outlets giving impressions day of? Or are we getting info a few days/weeks later?

Drencrom

Oct 25, 2017
SWE
It'd be a nice birthday present for Joel.
source.gif

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So we will get previews on the 26th or some footage? 2 days seems fast for outlets to write their thoughts, no?

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
So we will get previews on the 26th or some footage? 2 days seems fast for outlets to write their thoughts, no?
I'm betting a trailer for ND during a SoP, it's totally possible as well for the media to release their previews in a couple days, that's plenty of time for a journalist to write down their impressions imo, but I'm not positive on how that process works.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
What if they show PS5 TLOU2 stuff as a tease/surprise. Probably not since they don't want people waiting on that instead.