• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
"I have a first model PS4 Pro. Vents are clean. During The Last of Us 2, the fans are louder than my air-conditioning unit. They were so loud I had to raise the volume up on my speakers. Even when I knocked it down to 1080p mode."

www.psu.com

The Last Of Us Part 2 On PS4 Pro Makes More Sound Than An Air Conditioning Unit - PlayStation Universe

The Last of Us Part 2 on PS4 Pro reportedly makes more sound than an air conditing unit according to a Washington Post Journalist.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Yep not surprised. I expect my console to go to the moon by the end of my playthrough.

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
I mean, doesn't this happen with every first party release and some third party releases?

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
I am really curious to see what the cooling systems are like on the next-gen systems. I know my PS4 Pro sounded like it was about to take off, right from the start.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
well mine after the cleaning is holding up quietly even on God of War, the worst offender so i don't expect TLOU2 to go much higher.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not surprised considering my launch PS4 makes the same sound just idling.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This and the Ghost of Tsushima next month are going to make these systems work hard the last few months of its cycle.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I got the second version (revision) of the Pro. I wonder if it'll be quieter.

Also headphones are a blessing.

The GOAT

Nov 2, 2017
Glad I just replaced a bad laser in my Pro and applied some proper thermal paste. My Pro was never very loud begin with, and it's even quieter now. My console is ready.

alstrike

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
Good thing I just air-sprayed/cleaned the whole console, repasted the APU and renewed the thermal pads on my Pro, plus the Samsung SSD also helps with noise and heat.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
200.gif

Oct 27, 2017
As someone with a Day 1 PS4, this is an issue I've been having with a lot of games released after 2019. They still run great! But man, the noise that comes out of my PS4 concerns me. I have to hope every time I turn on Modern Warfare that my PS4 doesn't decide to shut itself because it got too hot.

Honestly why I am hoping I can get a PS5 as soon as it comes out so I can play some of these games with the Pro enhancements and so that I can play these games without fan issues.

Daxa

Jan 10, 2018
Naughty Dog games are the biggest stress test of your PS4's cooling. Glad I embarked on fixing mine up ahead of the release.

My PS3 would even occasionally turn off from the heat in the water area before the hotel in TLOU1.

See y'all in the other thread.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
My Pro is still quiet but I expect this to be the tipping point.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Maybe it's time they apply a new thermal paste instead lol

No aircon sound for normal PS4 slim I suppose? :P

Oct 27, 2017
Id say they should put pads or feet under the system. If it's sitting on wood it will trap heat and make it louder. Mine sounded like a jet during FF7 but once I did that it got 80% quieter